Targeting

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Alytys Lamar

Targeting

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Not sure if this was brought up already - but always during Mas or in some Major Quests I find it hard to target if you fight in a crowd.

Is there a possibility to get a option to target the nearest "hostile" creature ?
It happened to me twice that I get targeted from players and I had the same issue that I targeted per accident a player.

Maybe it happens to less,though and not worth the effort then.
Estralis Seborian

Re: Targeting

Post by Estralis Seborian »

How shall this option work?

Another game I use to play uses the TAB key for this. You hit TAB to cycle through targets and if you have no target, the closest one is chosen.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Estralis Seborian wrote:How shall this option work?

Another game I use to play uses the TAB key for this. You hit TAB to cycle through targets and if you have no target, the closest one is chosen.
Yes I had exactly this in mind,too. Another game works with a option menu, but if you already have lag it needs far to long.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

How do you target the monsters?

There are two ways how you can target someone: Clicking the character OR clicking the name/health box. Especially in crowds, the second option can be the better choice.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I love this idea... one game I played you simply hit tab but had no choice of monster(nearest) in a crowd this would work and be simple though clicking name/healthbox would be more precise.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

I've tried clicking the name box and nothing happens. Is this feature live? What's supposed to happen?
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Kamilar wrote:I've tried clicking the name box and nothing happens. Is this feature live? What's supposed to happen?
do not work for me too
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

I just wish that it was more responsive when you click. My mouse will be rather distant from the player that is in front of the monster and yet I end up targeting him and stabbing him in the back.

Also, often for various reasons the monster you're attacking because unclicked for lack of better words. This is especially maddening with monsters that run away (such as archers and wizardly types) and ones that teleport about. It's bad enough you have to chase them around. Suddenly you when you get there you're not even attacking anymore.