Error when running installer

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

alan8r

Error when running installer

Post by alan8r »

Hello. I am getting an error when I run the installer.

When I click the "Play" button, the game tries to install and I eventually get a message that says "Application files contain errors!"

My OS is Ubuntu 14.04
I have Java 7 installed (Oracle Java 7, not OpenJDK)
As far as I have read, my graphics card and drivers do support Shader 2.0

Here is a log I generated by piping the console output from the jar in to a text file.
http://pastebin.com/HxRBd3aJ
Estralis Seborian

Re: Error when running installer

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Hello and welcome to Illarion!

Did you retry to launch the loader and start the game? Does the error message appear immediately or after some time? Do you have any other Java versions installed (e.g. Java 6)?
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

I'm getting the same error on three different computers, one running OS X, one running windows 7 and one running windows 8.1

On all three computers I've run Illarion without any issues previous to the patches of 11th and 20th of June. Though I've been absent due to studying, so I do not know a more exact date of when this issue occurred for me as I first noticed it today when attempting to play Illarion.

What happens to me is I launch the launcher from the website and press play. I'm met with a message that it is searching for the application and then the required files for the application, before the message of "Application files contain errors!". On all three computers I've attempted uninstalling removing all files then installing it once more, to no avail.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

I know someone else that was having this issue and I emailed them the .jar file I downloaded. Double clicking it to launch helped. Have you tried just downloading the file and then direct launching from it? This is my browsers default set up only way i have ever used.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

I reformatted one of the computers ( it was long overdue anyways) and the same error still occured when using the play icon on the website.
Evie wrote:I know someone else that was having this issue and I emailed them the .jar file I downloaded. Double clicking it to launch helped. Have you tried just downloading the file and then direct launching from it? This is my browsers default set up only way i have ever used.
I recieved the file from Evie and it worked. The problem is quite obviously somewhere in the launcher you get from the website play button.
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

Out of curiosity Annabeth what browser to you use? I use Firefox but the other person I know that had this issue uses Internet Explorer.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Evie wrote:Out of curiosity Annabeth what browser to you use? I use Firefox but the other person I know that had this issue uses Internet Explorer.
Chrome on the windows ones.
Safari on the OS X one.

Doubt that is where the problem lies as I also tested with firefox and opera.
Xanthe Talon

Post by Xanthe Talon »

I am having problems as well.

I get "Failed to collect dependencies at org.illarion:client:jar:2.1.15 -> org.illarion:engine-..."
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I am currently investigating the problem.
How ever my main issue is that I can't reproduce the problem on my computer. To resolve this, I need someone who has the problem and some time to find the problem.

Please find me in the IRC channel if you want to help to smash this bug.

Nitram
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Nevermind. I found it. Please download the new version of the downloader from the homepage and have fun playing.

Nitram
Xanthe Talon

Post by Xanthe Talon »

Now I get a message "org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could not transfer artifac..."
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Considering that you surely downloaded the launcher since I wrote my last post... did you just try to a few times?

The error indicates problems with the Internet Connection.

Nitram