A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.
Vilarion wrote:Hey all,
for quite a while now we have been looking for a name for our new map with Runewick, Galmair and Cadomyr in it. Actually there is only one name that makes sense: Illarion. Let me elaborate:
So, welcome to new Illarion. Let's draw a new map and be done with the old one. We are done with GarakUr. You don't know it? Exactly.
- Illarion is the name of our game, so why does the game take place in the middle of nowhere, this makes no sense at all
- We have a huge(!) world map with many random places, craters larger than our map, not to mention the mountains (nameless even). If such huge mountains are nameless, this tells a lot about the importance of our map
- As a consequence we will name the land we play in Illarion
- We will dump our old maps
- Albar and other random places can still exist somewhere else, but be of minor importance in a land elsewhere
- If needed, we can still extend our map, tear down the wall e.g., that means we can still discover new parts of our world, Albar does not have to be a part of that now or then
- New background that is created should focus on our new Illarion (see also name of the board)
- While this creates some discontinuity regarding our existing background, I do not really care. Let's change that. We are not bound to follow bad ideas of ancient days.