Enjoy the bubbles

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Leva Beliu

Enjoy the bubbles

Post by Leva Beliu »

A flagon of wine is deposited on the porch of the governor’s mansion. A parchment is attached to it.

To Elijah Varrin, governor

Your Excellency,
Do not worry, I am not sending you this message to complain or to slander you. Neither is it to ask for clemency or any kind of amnesty. I will serve my ban like a man, if I may say so. No, do not worry, I will not tear my bodice in front of all in the town square, bubbling at the mouth.

In fact, these days of reflection in remote and lonely parts of Varshikar (I made friend with a couple of scorpions and a panther, though) have led me to reassess our relationship. I think that we started it on the wrong foot. Not that I imply that you have anything to do in our disagreements. I just lost my house and a few silvers to some strange quirk of fate. Life is not always a garden of firnis blossom, right? And being a governor is surely not an easy task with loud-mouthed citizens like me.

Be that as it may, Your Excellency, I wish we could make a fresh start when I will be back. Off to a good start for the year to come. My best wishes, yes. And… and I promise you that the only bubbles that I will make are going to stay in my wine bottles.

I hope you will enjoy this sparkling vintage, the best of my Varshikar’s reserve. I offer it as a token of good will and peace.

Leva Beliu
Elijah

Re: Enjoy the bubbles

Post by Elijah »

• Dearest Leva Beliu,

You must understand that it is not my sincere wish to ban you from the streets of Troll's Bane, for I know there are far more dangerous entities on this fair island prowling our streets with dark intentions whom I'm unable to catch. However, you must understand that it is my job to see to it that my job is done. And that job is to help enforce the law of Troll's Bane and assist in anyway that I can in removing banned individuals from my streets. If I have offended you in anyway, my apologies. I'm quite unsure how this message and this goblet of wine made it to my doorstep today (considering your banishment), however my words cannot describe how pleased and delighted I was to read your message and wake up to the quint and rich smell of your wine.

So I must share this delight with you by putting such a good brew to good use. You see, I've always been told of the medicinal properties of wine in small quantities and it is no secret that the longevity of those nobles over in the mainland could be attributed to their rich diet. One of the corner stones of any nobles diet is a good glass of well textured wine a day. So you'll be glad to know that this beautiful glass of wine will be given to my daughter upon our next meeting, so she can both enjoy your wonderful present and the healthy benefits that accompanies.

Again, treats won't buy you an escape from your ban, but it will certainly not hurt your reputation.

Thank you,
    Elijah Varrin
    Governor of Troll's Bane