Roleplay outside of trollsbane?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

I dont think we'd be able to tell if any of your characters were being played by somebody who's dopey. They all are rather dopey all the time.
orgis

Post by orgis »

Hell, someones gott'a make you lot look big and scary/good :P
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

Thurik Stronghammer wrote:I read your clan thread and it looks fun to be an orc

- We also have an internal thread thats a little more active too... Keeps the oomins from knowing all our business :twisted:
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Problem is, there's nothing to do outside of Trollsbane.

I think we should concentrate on getting more than 16 people online a day before we worry about populating cities.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Yeah, is the map getting smaller with the update? I forget.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

I dunno.

I know I've said this a lot on and off over the years, but really, bringing back how things "used to be" (the days when Serpardum was a GM before some bright minds decided to make Illarion resemble boot camp) would make this game a whole lot more popular (while still keeping the graphics and cool updates of course).
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Bloodhearte wrote:bringing back how things "used to be"
If you can name exactly which measures you have in mind, right now is the best chance to suggest changes. I'm very interested, however, a rollback to 2002 isn't an option.

On the topic that there is nothing to do outside the towns; can you name concrete "things" you want to do outside the towns? Like, what would make the game more interesting? Just name the stuff and I'll see what I can do to get it implemented.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Possible ideas:
The bush mazes are nice but they are only accessible to fighter chars. Possibly make a tall bush maze with unexpected gardens in along with benches etc. for non-fighter chars to RP with.. picnics, games such as hide and chase, getting lost in the maze etc. are all possible options.

I have had some of my best RP btw in the graveyard so don't agree there is nothing besides Trolls Bane, but this is for a fighter char. Crafters don't have a central place like that to go.. each craft is basically a separate room, it might be handy to have one big room with all the crafts able to be done there.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Special useful benefits that only that only that area has and no others.
Thinking of:
Altars.
A lot more useful monsters to smash.

Random events: eg. You're near GENERIC DESERT TOWN 27, so you have a chance to stumble upon Scorpy, a super scorpion who'se tail can be used in some super special potion/sword/mutantswordfish after you beat the crap outta him.
Or: This week, the council of GENERIC DESERT TOWN 27 wants you to get them 3 DESERT SUPER SCORPION STINGERS. It's a bit of an npc thing, but it keeps people from getting bored.
Kinda like weekly quests, with a random repository of stuff that gets a random roll each time X time has passed.
You just need to make sure people can't horde those items too much somehow.

Just throwing it out there. :P
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Kevin Lightdot wrote:.....
Pssst.. I liked your "more Irundar" idea.
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

Arvemor wrote:Yeah, is the map getting smaller with the update? I forget.
I agree that the map seems to be too big now for the number of players we have. Maybe it was better at a time more players were active, but now it sometimes becomes hard to try to run into someone, and this is in Trolls bane. Hopefully with the VBU more players will come back, and make the place seem populated again.
I think the biggest solution would be more active players, but of course there is no direct way to control this.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Juliana D'cheyne wrote:
Kevin Lightdot wrote:.....
Pssst.. I liked your "more Irundar" idea.
Irundar is nice, but once you've done it once it'll never be interesting again, that's why I kinda left it out D: