So, a ship goes into a bar, and- wait!

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

wolfsword

So, a ship goes into a bar, and- wait!

Post by wolfsword »

So, the ship at that small isle whose name escapes me, can we:

1)RP it for our own use?
2)Say that it is ours, and/or purchase it?
3)Is it even a ship? (Looks like one.)
4)RP we have another ship 'at dock', but use said ship instead?
Etc, etc.

Other questions:

5)Who owns it?
6)Since when is it there?
7)Is it an easter egg for ships to come in the VBU? :P

Edit:
8] Can't these also be put in the harbor and docks? Gives them more of a "port" feeling, leads to more options to RP.
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

I think it was placed at Sirani for a quest..and assume anyone can RP it is theirs.

PS I don't think anyone is concentrating on the game as it is now as far as placement of others.. but only the VBU.
Damien

Post by Damien »

I would not suggest to claim anything without having knowledge about it's origin and possible owner(s), no matter if NPCs or PCs.
The first situation that comes to my mind is a simple player-character-knowledge-conflict :

Give the situation, that player A does not know about the origin of place/item A, and claims it to be his, and consider:
Player B HAS that knowledge, and his character char B as well, char B might "correct" the statement of char A, or inform the owners about char A's claim, or spread the word about char A being a character without honour.

--> all resulting in ingame-consequences the player of char A did not expect and as well possibly not want, except if he does not mind his character having the reputation of a bandit or thief.

A second situation could simply implement ruining some GM's plot by having a group of players spreading wrong facts based upon such claims, thus feeding wrong info to other players who then lack an important link in the information chain needed to solve some plot.

All in all, it might end up wiser and less troublesome to "own" things "officially".

;)
Last edited by Damien on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

So... Who ~did~ own the ship...? In that quest that was oh so long ago, that I know nothing about.
Illal

Post by Illal »

I've got a map that has it labeled as "Gambling Boat".
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Damien wrote:I would not suggest to claim anything without having knowledge about it's origin and possible owner(s), no matter if NPCs or PCs.
The first situation that comes to my mind is a simple player-character-knowledge-conflict :

Give the situation, that player A does not know about the origin of place/item A, and claims it to be his, and consider:
Player B HAS that knowledge, and his character char B as well, char B might "correct" the statement of char A, or inform the owners about char A's claim, or spread the word about char A being a character without honour.

--> all resulting in ingame-consequences the player of char A did not expect and as well possibly not want, except if he does not mind his character having the reputation of a bandit or thief.

A second situation could simply implement ruining some GM's plot by having a group of players spreading wrong facts based upon such claims, thus feeding wrong info to other players who then lack an important link in the information chain needed to solve some plot.

All in all, it might end up wiser and less troublesome to "own" things "officially".

;)
It's been rotting for such a long time. >_>

That being said, Samuel isn't too bright anyway, so he'll probably think he's the admiral of the navy, anywho. He's been asking everyone about the ship IG, no one has claimed it (That is active.), no one says anyone else owns it.
Illal

Post by Illal »

<Puts On Private Investigator's Hat>

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 749#547749

I saw another post that made me think it was meant to have an NPC on it that you could gamble with, but the suggestion got buried after a while.

Since there isn't a "Church of Gobaith" anymore, the boat's probably free to whomever claims it.
Flux

Post by Flux »

That's the old "GM Ship" they had before the GM castle. They appeared as liches. Scary stuff.

I once docked it in the map editor in exactly the same place, but that was ages ago and I didn't submit it, so that's not my doing. Not sure why it's there now.

But hands off! Or Flux will reclaim it! And he will reclaim it hard!
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Flux wrote:That's the old "GM Ship" they had before the GM castle. They appeared as liches. Scary stuff.

I once docked it in the map editor in exactly the same place, but that was ages ago and I didn't submit it, so that's not my doing. Not sure why it's there now.

But hands off! Or Flux will reclaim it! And he will reclaim it hard!

Samuel hasn't seen any opposition.
Yet.
>_>

<_<

>_>