A Small Piece of Parchment

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Asyur

A Small Piece of Parchment

Post by Asyur »

(( Tell me if this is in the wrong place. ))

A rather tall figure stands in front of the town board, glancing around with pen in hand and parchment held against the wall. The pen drips with ink into the snow, the figure's face looks rather blank and confused. A local merchant notices the poor man's confusion and walks over to assist. The man whispers into the ear of the merchant, who then takes the pen and parchment from the man's frail fingers. The pale face continues to whisper into the merchant's ear as he jots down what is said, with a rather broad smile on his face...

People of This Town,

I am Asyur. I have worked in a palace all my life, being an adviser to a lord. I cannot tell you where, for I myself was never told. I was pampered, being in a higher position of power next to the right hand side of the lord. I feasted and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Ones with more intelligence could tell that from this point, the personality of the writer seems to change. The ones who walked by could possibly deduct that the merchant used his own words to speak the rest.

I seemed to have made a slight miscalculation when addressing the lord, for he became confused as to what I said and spoke out the wrong thing! I was quickly dismissed and was forcefully taken from the throne room of the lord. I soon wandered the town with a small sack of gold coins that I collected as payment and with the clothes on my back, found a ship to a place called, "Gobaith." I came to this land hoping to find opportunities, but alas, I came when it was winter. I am lost and confused, not even knowing the basic culture and customs of the common folk. I would slip by as quietly as possible, barely able to raise my voice over a few decibels. I soon learned what a "handshake" is - a sign of friendship. I met a small fox-fairy and a few kind elves. I discovered what a walking lizard is, but not one has acknowledged me. Surely this is my third day of sleeping in a tavern, with barely enough money to feed myself yet alone buy new clothes. I have just enough money to buy a coat bu - ...

The merchant glances over to the figure and raises an eyebrow, as if about to deliver a sales pitch. The figure stares him down blankly, and the once open jaw of the merchant soon closes and his eyes refocus on what is spoken and what needs to be written. The personality of the writer also seemed to change back to the original...

I am now unsure as to what to do. I do not know you people, I do not know your ways. I politely ask that one could be my guide. It wouldn't be hard to find me, as I do not stand out as one who is skilled in any one profession. Being in the world of politics - and only that - with no mother or father to rely on, then being thrust into this strange and alienated world is confusing.

Signed,
ASYUR

The merchant closes the letter with the five letters that spell "Asyur" as if he knew who was speaking directly into his ear the whole time, and pins the parchment on the board. The once broad smile on his face is much more toothy, as if he just closed to the best deal of his life to a customer. He turns to shake the hand of the figure, only to find that there is nothing there but foot-print ridden snow and the small drop of ink. The merchant's smile soon fades and turns into confusion. He looks at the letter, barely recognizing it and reads it over. He scratches his head, only to find a feather with dried ink on it in his hand. He looks around further along the board to see what he has written, but he cannot find it!

"Who is this Asyur? And where the hell is my letter?!"

Unable to find what he has just written, he reads over the current events quickly before dropping the feather and running back to his business stand...
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

A small hobbit is seen going around town, greeting most when he passes by. He reads the note and writes on the side of it (On the paper):

'Inn is warm place and haff food.'
zda

Post by zda »

*a man walks bye noticing the parchment he places his own next to it*

the inn is also a good place to get a job. if you would like one you can send a dove back to me* a dove waits for some one to send a note it seems*

~zach~
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

*a small elf wanders by and stops turning as he sees the letter. if not for the slight twitch of his eyebrow one might conclude he'd just been staring at it for the sake of saying he'd seen it.. he stoops a bit to pick up a hand full of snow. blowing on the snow he wipes it across the surface below the letter as some of the snow falls away some letters seem to form from the ice as the crystals grow to connect one another forming a message.*

Just because no one sees Me doesn't mean i'm not still watching you Zach.. Get back to work!

~Whisper~