Gobaith Chamber of Commerce ((Old RPG Thread))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Gobaith Chamber of Commerce ((Old RPG Thread))

Post by Juniper Onyx »

~A Notice is posted around Trollsbane~
Fellow Craftsmen, warriors and mages looking to earn some coin, and learn some crafts:

I am Bernie Bottoms, merchant and craftsman extrodinaire. I have been away a little while, but am back now. I have quickly grown a customer base in this short week that has concerned me. People need so many things! Where are all the cooks, carpenters and tailors? I am but one little halfling and cannot do all that is required with such large orders as I am getting. I need help.

I propose a "Gobaith Chamber of Commerce", me as 'acting Chair', which represents all crafts. This organization will give people jobs, new and old alike, if they just ask. There will be 'collection jobs', 'processing jobs' and 'commission jobs'. Hiring is done face to face, and pay is negotiable for now. If they are not seen for a week, they are considered 'inactive' and the job will be posted again.

Other merchants and master craftsmen may join the Chamber as members to get access to these workers who will provide us with what we need to provide 'high quality' goods to our customers. Job Orders will also be posted that members may access and fill to line their own pockets. No 'dues' are necessary, however donations are always accepted.

For now, the 'Chamber' will be based in Trollsbane, with regular meetings in the Library.

Members:
Bernie Bottoms, Chairman
Merrilyn Ferly, Vice Chairman
Celdea Luyten, member
Samuel Greenrags, member
Zach Dawson, member
Jym Goldman, member

Orders needing to be filled:
Customers:
1) 100 Rabbit Plates, 100 Apple Pies (20 Silvers) (Half delivered)

2) 150 Apple Pies (15 Silvers) (Samuel is working on this)

3) 300 Apple Pies, 200 Cherry Cakes, 100 Strawberry cakes (56 Silvers) (80 Pies delivered)

4) 250 Cherry Cakes (25 Silvers)

5) Master Mage's Robe (10 Silvers)

6) 15 Excellent Grey Coats *Done*

7) 250 wooden plates (5 silvers)

8 ) 250 Champignons (5 silvers) (56 Delivered)

9) 30 Rabbit Dishes, 20 Fish Dishes, Assorted Soups, cakes and pies *Done*

10) 50 Apple Pies, 100 Cherry Cakes, 200 Strawberry Cakes, 50 Lamb/Venison Dishes (45 Silvers)

11) 50 Gynk Fire

Sponsorships:
Brother Zebanon, Priest of Eldan
Silverblade Abbey (New Hope Charity)

Taken Jobs:
Lumberjack (William) - Collect All manner of wood, and cherry branches
Carpenter's Apprentice (William) - Saw wood, and make wood plates
Butcher (Lucy Bann) - Kill pigs and bring us the entrails, pork and leather for pay.
Smith (Jym Goldman) - Process ingots, and make tools, swords, armor, etc.
Miner (Sky) - collect ores and gems
Tailor (Sieralin Velvellia) - Process entrails, dry the leather and make clothes and shoes.
Trader#1 (Celdea) - 50% commission on sold items such as treasure maps, gemmed rings, gems, etc. Ability to haggle is required

Posted Collection Jobs:
Farmer - Collect Fruits, wheat bundles, onions and cabbages.
Fisherman - Collect all manner of fish and treasures from the waters.
Beekeeper - Collect Honey and keep the bees of Gobaith happy
Digger - Collect sand and ashes

Posted Processing jobs (All apprentice level):
Baker - Process wheat bundles into dough, bake Bread Rolls, Loaves and apple pies.
Cook - Process raw meats and fish, cook all manner of dishes and soups
Distiller - Process Honey, apples and grapes into all manner of spirits to drink
Glassmaker - Process sand, make glass ingots

Posted Commission Jobs:
Trader#2 - 50% commission on sold items such as treasure maps, gemmed rings, gems, etc. Ability to haggle is required
Trader#3 - 50% commission on sold items such as treasure maps, gemmed rings, gems, etc. Ability to haggle is required

~Bernie Bottoms, Chairman
Last edited by Juniper Onyx on Fri May 28, 2010 12:35 am, edited 18 times in total.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I'd like to welcome the fine Mage Celdea Luyten, acting as an advisor to us about people's needs, fair prices and other matters. She has also agreed to trade some items for us such as many treasure maps, gems and pure elements.

Thank you.
~BB
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Welcome Lucy to the 'Chamber of Commerce'. Lucy will be our Butcher, collecting leather, thread and pork for us.

We'd also like to announce that we will sponsor the efforts of our friends at the 'Abbey' of Goldburg in their work to help the poor and newcomers to this Isle. May Light and truth always guide them.

Thank you,
~BB
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I'd like to announce a meeting for members and Master Craftsmen of all types. We shall meet in the Library in Trollsbane - 2nd Floor ((Wednesday @ 6pm GMT))

We meet like this to get a feel for prices, and try to cooperate with each other in our prices. If one 'undersells' another, it affects us all.

The subject this month will be the prices of Baked goods and the availability of them.

Thank you,

~BB

PS: I will also post some of my 'Orders' that members can pick up and do for pay. If we share orders, we can easily fill them. Each according to his ability, each according to their needs.
~Thanks.
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

Hiya Bernie Bottoms,

Any relation to Dusty?

Anyway, I would be interested in joining your guild. I am a good carpenter (I can make wands of earth) and a skilled trader, as well as a decent goldsmith. Would you like to meet?

Merri
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Merri,

Yes, Dusty Bottoms was my Father, at rest in Greenbriar these 6 years. I had come to Gobaith to meet up with him, however I was too late. I count myself lucky that I was able to spend time with him before he came to Gobaith, and I have many happy memories of him.

Your reputation as a craftsman precedes you. I will add you as a member. Send me a dove as soon as possible about any 'orders' you'd like to fill or any 'needs' you have. I'll give you more information privately.

Please meet me anytime in Trollsbane. I am currently near Eliza's bake-oven. Just follow the apple smells!

It will be good working with you!

~Bernie Bottoms
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Welcome to Samuel Greenrags, who has accepted membership within our ranks. He is a good cook, and will surely help filling many of the orders for food we have.

~BB
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

I can do half of the first order- the 100 pieces of pie. It have to be apple pie? Me have recipes (That I can share) for other kinds of pies, if want.

Me might do whole order if you have ingredients, and if me see if me remember how to make dishes over a fire- I been baking for a while now.

~Samuel Greenrags
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Yes, Samuel, I have the materials for the apple pies if you need them. Just see me in Trollsbane fo them.

~BB
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Welcome member Zach Dawson to the chamber, who is a fine Smith and Carpenter. He is also one of our customers.

As always, the benefits are:
Access to workers
Access to Orders from customers
Access to like-minded master craftsmen

Welcome!

PS: I have also added some Orders to the lists, check them daily!

~BB
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I have great news!

The Chamber of Commerce now has an official Guildhall! Thanks to Guard Captain Aeris and Viceroy Edric, we now have a home for the Guild. It's the wonderful shop in the North-east corner of Trollsbane, next to the stables. Everything a craftsman may need is there and it's open to all Guild members. "Member" Keys are not available, so I will open it upon request.

Our meeting tomorrow ((6pm GMT)) will be there instead of the Library. We will also officially vote for 'Chairman' of the chamber and discuss baked goods and orders.

I also want to welcome Jym Goldman as a member. He is a smith just like Zach and wants to work hard for his coin. Welcome!

~BB
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Our first meeting went well. We got to see the inside of the guildhall, had the election and discussed baked goods.

I was elected Chairman
Merrilyn Ferly was elected Vice-Chairman

Both of us have a key to the Guildhall, so members just need to ask either of us to use it. There are no more keys at the moment.

We discussed recipes for baked goods and the costs. We decided to raise some of the prices, but after more discussion with another member, we'll discuss it more at the next meeting.

We voted to only allow customers to order 50 items at a time. The initial orders of 'hundreds' are taking too long to fill, causing problems. Hopefully, with 50 as a limit (Which can usually be done in a dwarven day), we can speed up the process of delivery before the next order.

Also, we voted to have an additional benefit to membership. Guild members should include a 10% discount when buying or selling items to another member. This will encourage trade amongst each other as well.

As a condition to using the Guildhouse, we already offer the Town of Trollsbane and the Guard a discount on orders. An incentive to members seemed fair too.

Finally, Merri agreed to make some apple pies for us. Along with Samuel, They will help fill some of thee 'huge' orders we have gotten, and allow me to concentrate on the cherry cakes and rabbit dishes.

I also need everyone to list here what crafts they practice at least 'proficiently' ((Green level)) so I may advertise them on our new Guildboard soon. Masters ((Yellow level)) in a craft need to state that fact.

Thank you all.
Triton

Post by Triton »

Im looking forward to your answer because of the order of Grey Rose.
Please send me a dove when everything is finished..then we ll met as
soon as possible.

Shanika Sanura
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I've hired a few new faces to do some work for us. Sky will be mining and Sieralin will be tailoring clothes to give to charity. Also, member Zach is crafting some steel Boots and Gauntlets to sell.

Let newcomers know we have jobs available.

Members, see me if you need anything from these workers. I've got plenty for them to do, but want to direct them to your needs too.

@Zebanon: I'm sorry you lost all your belongings in that wolf attack. See me as soon as possible to get a new bag and supplies.

@Samuel and Merri: See me for payment as soon as you get those apple pies done. I can then deliver them to the customers.

@William and Lucy: Haven't seen you in a few days. Are you two alright?
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

Hiya Bernie!

If the new comers don't have any work, the few items I need are thread, rubies, and emeralds. I'll take the ore they get in the process as well.

Merri
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Merri,

Thank you for your needs.

We already have a large supply of iron ingots and thread. Just see me to get it and get 10% off on the price.

See you soon!
~Bernie
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

The new 'official' Guild Board has been constructed next to the Guildhouse.

Please use it for any new or old business. I will continue to improve it in the following days with pictures, Lessons and other material for members and public alike. Merrilyn and I will have the key to update and post to it. ((Shared Forum Account))

Thank you!

((This thread will be deleted in favor of the new one soon))