Enter the strange woman

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

MewmewGirl

Enter the strange woman

Post by MewmewGirl »

She stumbles through the thick mist, barely able to see in front of her own face. A sharp pain shoots through her head and the world starts to go black. She falls to her knees, holding her head "No, not again!" she exclaims out loud.

Images flash through her mind, some part of her past returning. She feels herself there for a brief moment, hears the sounds of the memory around her, but with each moment of memory comes severe pain.

In her memories she is a young adult, she runs to help a poor rabbit being tortured by ignorant children. Pain, more pain.

Now she's very young - not many years into life, is that blood? So much blood. Who is that screaming?

The pain in her head is too much to take. Images and sounds flashing on and off so quickly.

She clutches at her skull, screams, her eyes glow very faintly green for a brief moment before she passes out.

Some time later she awakes. It's night, it's freezing cold, she's alone, muddy, scared. She picks herself off the ground and sees the light of a town in the distance. She pauses a moment, the pain and memories are gone for now. Her stomach growls, her body shivers, she wraps her own arms around herself, pulling her robe around her to try to keep in warmth as she heads off towards the town.

She's close to town now and sees some pillars and a trail. She hears somebody coming and quickly ducks back behind the pillars. A small angry humanoid type creature comes marching by, sputtering obscenities under his breath and swinging his dagger in the air as if to stab somebody that isn't there. He doesn't notice her and he continues on by.

She steps out from behind the pillars and sees she is almost to the town now. She sees a sign. 'Welcome in Troll's Bane'. "Trolls Bane" she thinks, she wonders if she may be able to find help here or some text that may give her insight to her problem. She timidly walks into the town for the first time, hoping to find some answers, or at least some food and warmth.
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Cay kneels on the ground while foot traffic passes her unseen as a perfect shaped bloom catches her eye before gently useing her sickle to delicately unhinge root from dirt. Briefly glancing through leaves of the bush keeping her fairly hidden, Cay eyes the woman appearing quite unsure and a little confused.

Greetings, do you need any help?

Cay's pale face surrounded by locks of ebony hair the same color as her dark eyes, if seen at all through the thicket of leaves would be smiling as she waits for the woman to answer.
MewmewGirl

Post by MewmewGirl »

The woman looks around nervously, wondering if this is some kind of trap or someone actually offering to help.

She stares at the ground for a moment and thinks. Deciding to take a chance, she looks up and speaks "He.." she starts to talk but her throat seems to catch for a moment, "He...hello".

Not used to being around people offering to help, the woman is still reluctant. She thinks back to the constant mental pain she suffers and whispers very lightly under her breath "anything is better than that."

"I am sorry" she says, "I am a little bit lost." "Where are my manners?" the woman whispers to herself, a slight blush is seen on her face, "My name is Caitatha" she says.

Caitatha's stomach growls, she tightens her robes a little more hoping to cover up the sound. "I..I...is there any food for sale here?"

She thinks to herself "I have money" and yet stops and doesn't say this out loud, worrying that her money may not stay with her for long to say such things around strangers, as meager as the amount she had was.

Caitatha sighs. Her reluctance is wearing away from the cold, the hunger, the worry.

"I was hoping to buy some food, find somewhere to sleep that was warm, and possibly" she looks intently at the woman in front of her. She thinks for a moment and is not sure if she should say the rest. Her immediate problem is hunger and that must be taken care of first, then maybe she will think more clearly. "possibly..." her stomach growls again, "I must apologize, my mind and body are not well and all I really need at the moment is to find something to eat." she pauses again a moment and then says "I can pay for it." she takes another brief moment and then says "bread or fruit."

Caitatha holds her stomach a little more and thinks to herself "I'm nearly so hungry I could almost eat meat...almost." She shudders at the thought of it.
Damien

Post by Damien »

The mist seems to thicken along the way, as if a wall of mist coming closer to those standing by the street, dampening the sound of voices and swallowing the sound of footsteps alike.
Especially those of creatures capable of walking very quiet anyway.
As the foggy scheme finally gives way to the figure of a tall elf wearing the typical robes of an elven spellcaster, he still does not seem to cause any sound, even though he is already just a few footsteps away, walking slightly aside the cobbled pathway.
Without changing his unhurried pace, his silverish eyes seem to focus to examine both people on the pathway while he nods slightly, in a somewhat greeting manner, just as if he had expected them standing right there, for his face does not show any sign of surprise. Or recognizing. Or anything else.
In fact, he does not seem to bear any expression besides that polite little nod.
As he speaks up quietly, his voice still can be understood clearly, as he approaches to pass them by.
"Greeted be, strangers."
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Cay finally stands not much taller then the bush she is in back of as one arm brushes her hair back from her face getting a little more dirt streaked on her cheek unknowingly in the process.

I am Caynwyn, but most call me Cay.

Realizing she still has the sickle in hand tucking it in her bag while hearing the first of the stomach growls from Caitatha, Cay is unable to totally suppress the burst of a giggle from her lips.

No money needed Caitatha, I have some apples if you would like. Sorry, I don't carry any more food but have fish in my depot if you want?

Taking a large supply of perfectly shaped apples from her bag, she offers them to the woman leaning into the bush to reach over at the same time a whisper comes seemingly out of nowhere and most of the apples are dropped in her sudden startlement upon seeing the outline of the elf in the mist. The bush now appearing as if it has suddenly grown apples, Cay begins to pluck them off blushing profusely before finally able to see the spellcasters robes and gasps as she inexplicably ducks back behind the bush, the leaves shaking almost as much as her body and the only sound coming from her lips is a blurted word.

Mage!
Damien

Post by Damien »

The elf stops, turning his head slightly, now raising an eyebrow as he watches the scene.
Since his face still does not show much sign of emotion, you cannot be too sure if he seems more amused or more annoyed.
Perhaps a mixture of both, perhaps none.
Saying nothing, he just tilts his head slightly, in a somewhat questioning manner, that impression seems somewhat supported by his still slightly raised eyebrow.
Kanti Lolenthai'

Post by Kanti Lolenthai' »

Kanti glides out of the foilage silent as a mouse. Her eyebrows raise at the scene before her. (Kanti's appearance is that of a darker skin framed by white hair. Her chain shirt is interleaved with vines and flowers, they seem to grow there. In her hand is a sickle that a vine has curled around binding it to her hand. From every opening, her bag, her pockets, even her bodice, you will notice flowers and leaves protrude. At her belt hang various bottles and a copper pot.)

First she notices the bush quivering and she makes a mental note to avoid it, so not to scare the rabbit in there.

Second she sees the mage, with a slight nod of her head and a gentle smile she acknowleges his presence.

Then she looks at the strange woman. Her head tilts, as she tries to determine if the creature needs some help or if she would prefer to be left alone. She steps forward one step in curiosity.
MewmewGirl

Post by MewmewGirl »

Caitatha's gaze is fixed on the apples as she slightly smiles. She kneels down to pick up one of the apples that was dropped. Despite the shout, she acts as if she did not hear or see anything else at all.

She stands up and squints her eyes as if she can't see well. She holds her hands up in front of her such as to feel her way in a darkened room. As a darkness overtakes her vision and mind, a slight pain shoots through her head and she presses her fingers against her right eyebrow looking to stop the pain from spreading. She remembers that there are others around and she says in a whispered voice "No, please, not now" then speaks in a louder tone "NOT NOW!"

Caitatha's face goes totally blank. Her mouth falls open slightly and her eyes gaze straight ahead and yet focus on nothing. Her body stands there a moment as if she is a statue without a soul, not moving, not breathing, if it wasn't for the heart beating within her it would seem there was no life there at all.

Suddenly she takes an enormous loud breath, sucking in air as if she had been in water and nearly drowned. She closes her eyes tight and clenches her hands to her temples. A terrible scream emits from Caitatha, as if some long term pain had been condensed all into one moment. The loud shriek pierces the air.

Her eyes open but all that is seen is white as her eyes are turned back so far in her head. Her lips come apart and her teeth are locked tightly together. She is clearly in some sort of agony. She screams through her still locked teeth only this time it's not just pain but partly a growl, anger, frustration.

She lurches over as if hit in the stomach and then collapses on the spot. Her eyes slip into a relaxed closed position, her mouth droops open, and her breathing returns to normal. She remains unconscious laying there as if in a deep worn out sleep.
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Hearing the shout, the first thought Cay had was "Gram's told me about those mages!" as she reaches in her bag for the only weapon she had and crawling on hands and knees scurries around the bush with sickle in hand ready to do battle.

Stay away from..

Stopping in mid-sentence while standing as the abrupt vision of vines and flowers assault her senses, Cay drops her sickle finally realizing there were no ancient words heard as she grimaces when the loud shrieking begins. Reaching for Caitatha's hand attempting to find any source for her obvious agony yet her petite height is now at a disadvantage in her attempt to keep Caitatha from falling as unconsciousness overtakes the woman.
Damien

Post by Damien »

At the point of the scream, the elf's face definitely shows a slight expression of short pain, covering his pointy ears with two fingers.
Slightly annoyed, he at first looks around the foggy place shortly, perhaps as if his eyes could penetrate some of the fog or at least may make out movement in it.
Releasing his ears as the one human female drops her sickle and the other stops screaming while starting to drop down unconscious, he shakes his head slightly, watching as the one human female catches the other, now unconscious one.
Kanti Lolenthai'

Post by Kanti Lolenthai' »

Kanti takes an step back again, as the scream begins. The step is equal to the one she had taken forward. She leans back towards the folaige where she had come from. She raises an arm over her head, as if to somehow block the scream.

She then looks at the rustle of brush, her expectation is that a rabbit will emerge. In surprise she watches the woman start forward from the brush and drop a sickle.

Kanti stares transfixed as fast events move slowly, the one woman falls, the other reaches. Kanti feels frozen to the ground she stands on.
MewmewGirl

Post by MewmewGirl »

Caitatha is in shadow. She hears nothing. It's dark and her thoughts are even blank.

She gasps. She hears her own breath. She hears those about her again. Her eyes open, blurry as if looking through water.

She lets out a strange sigh "Ahghhh". The world comes back to her, she is awake again.

"Wha..wh.." She stutters a little, her composure completely shattered. She looks around and sees people staring at her. Her face turns bright red.

She pulls herself up, puts her head between her knees and folds her arms up over her hair.

She sniffles. She tries to hide the tear drops running down and dripping from her nose.

"He.elp" She whispers, broken up with a choking cry. Her word was just barely enough to hear but not enough to be directed at anybody in particular.

She wishes she could tune out the world or hide. She thinks that maybe if she hides her face long enough maybe she will disappear. And yet she doesn't. She's painfully aware that she still sits there.

She wipes her face. "Ho..ow long was I out?" she says in a quiet, submissive voice.