Wearing the proper clothes

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Lhosseth

Wearing the proper clothes

Post by Lhosseth »

Today, while walking my Elfess around Troll’s Bane some humans seemed to react to her appearance rather strange. One of them OOC’ed me (just before the server went down) that apparently to him my character was half naked, wearing nothing on her upper body! :shock: This came as a surprise to me as she is dressed the same way as she started this game: wearing a light hunting armour and leather legs. (I would love for her to get a robe, but she has not yet found the money or the tailor to help her with that) Others that she met before never seemed to notice anything unusual about the way she is dressed.

I do not know what others see when they “examine” or “examine closely” on my character, but it would seem very strange to me if the description would show her as being half naked when to me she is wearing the armour that was given to her at the start of her life in Illarion.

Can anyone help me with figuring out what her description might be IG and how I can make sure men do not ogle her when I think she is fully dressed?

To the ones that tried to rp her unusual appearance: I am sorry; her appearance was not meant to be that way, I had no idea and therefore could not rp this one with you.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

XD

A. You could get a dress from Morgan in TB, it's only a few coppers (Top half of Eliza's shop).
B. The person examining you just has poor perception and all they saw was "She is wearing trousers" and assumed you were topless. Just say #me has leather armour on if they say anything :P .
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

There is one blouse that seems not to show on the online descrip, just switch blouses for now and post in Mantis, I would have but forgot which blouse it was (since happened with one blouse and not the other assumed the blouse) .

Or.. just keep the blouse :wink:
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

When the lookat was first introduced, Starling was often perceived as topless if she had no robe/coat. I agree, it was confusing and hard to rp - being intermittently topless and a lot of ooc with players discussing whether she was half naked or not.

I think what happens is that on "examine" it shows only the coat layer. To see further, I think the "examine closely" has to be selected. Then it should show the shirt layer.

After reporting to Mantis, I would just rp the clothing she is wearing and not worry about it. :) And if you want to visit the clothing shop, the merchant is in the library currently with the rest of the NPCs, not in the market.
orgis

Post by orgis »

hehe just be happy magnus wasnt near xD
Llama

Post by Llama »

Kamilar wrote:When the lookat was first introduced, Starling was often perceived as topless if she had no robe/coat.
As you can guess, Starling was a very popular person at the time :P

-

I used to find people running around topless to be rather funny - my polite character used to offer them his own shirt to cover themselves up - nobody ever took him up on the offer
Lhosseth

Post by Lhosseth »

Thank you all for your nice reactions and explanations, it makes me feel much better about the whole thing. I have reported the bug in Mantis, I hope something can be done about it.

I decided to have Lhosseth buy a robe a soon as possible, as I am not very keen on a repeat. I would not have minded so much if a polite character had pointed this out to me nicely. I did mention in rp that Lhosseth was wearing armour, but this did not seem to stop that human male. As it happened, the way of revelation greatly confused Lhosseth and extremely offended me!

Hmmm… I now wonder if in the past week other players perceived Lhosseth as topless and if this is the reason they kept trying to give her some (better) armour to wear…. hehe. :P
Quasar

Post by Quasar »

A topless elfess looks actually nice for someone, but it is not recommended in the winter time ;-)
Ask your elfen sister Demalza, she is a well learning tailor, maybe she makes a robe for small money.

Quasar
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Kamilar wrote:When the lookat was first introduced, Starling was often perceived as topless if she had no robe/coat.

-

I used to find people running around topless to be rather funny - my polite character used to offer them his own shirt to cover themselves up - nobody ever took him up on the offer
You never offered one to me. :cry:
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Kamilar wrote:
Hadrian_Abela wrote:

-

You never offered one to me. :cry:
Me neither :o
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Th-th-th-thread necromancy-cy-cy.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Kevin Lightdot wrote:Me neither :o
Why spoil a good view?