Illarion-Canada intercontinental RP meeting!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

sean

Illarion-Canada intercontinental RP meeting!

Post by sean »

Hi its me again.

I was talkin to gala earlier today, and came up with this idea.... I hope yall like it.

Ok, theres a city in ontario called Vienna , its a small village on country land, and camping land.
Now, I can pay for camping for one week, I can probably get one live band (if you want to play, please contact me, serious inquieries only, pls) Most will have to pay airfare-driving fees themselves (for my lack of availible resources) But, I can rent some vehicle(s) proabably to pick out out of country (Germany,Austria,France,UK) Citizens up.

The area is camp ground/forest and (mostly) RP based. Events and such will be held, I'll try to get some other types of support...
I suggest you bring sleeping bags, it will not be indoors...tents to? we'll see...

The following are welcome as VIP guests and can stay with me and my family for up to three days before actual events:
Dyluck
Neonfire
Galadria
Damien
Martin
Roke

Food will be provided, there will *most likely* be a large amount of southern based music.....(I grew up on the stuff) children can be watched (if you have any) suggest you bring 7changes of clothes or more (lake erie is close by, if its hot we might go for a swim I guess)

I'll try to make illarion stuff from support, plastic fireswords teeshirts ect...

this is not just an illarion meeting, anyone in a weekly,monthly or yearly RP group is especially welcome, and I hope this message gets out to them!

Tell me what yall think!!
Roke

Post by Roke »

I can't afford to go out of town this summer, or the next summer and I hate camping. I think it is a good idea sean but, it would need to be very well organized with high cost and a lot of work. Since A lot of provinces in Canada are, I believe although I could be mistaken larger than a lot of countries in Europe it would be hard for people even in a province such as Quebec to get to Lake Erie. Also, with the impending war travel could get more expensive do to rising oil costs.
sean

Post by sean »

Roke, thats true...

but I cant pay for everyones gas money....

whats wrong with camping?
Roke

Post by Roke »

Well, camping isn't the most enjoyable thing for me although it is relaxing. I commend you for trying to organize this but I personally think it is probably not possible do to many circumstances, some of which I have already named.
sean

Post by sean »

Roke, nothings IMPOSSIBLE.
sean

Post by sean »

as it would appear no one cares much, oh well.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Canada? Thats a bit far off... And Roke has a good point with the war coming. And do you really want all these people? You don't know the people behind the screens, sorry, but its true. :? But if this does take place, i wanna see pix because it is likely i can not come due to preplanned summer events. :(
sean

Post by sean »

Ohhh war
*shakes*

sorry, I dont belive in war, people die, its messy, I will cry....I hatewar, war did not stop woodstock, war did not stop the emmies...

I hate war:(
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Saddam killed 1.5 million of his own people, plus more people will die if we dont do anything about it, but actually that is a debate for another day....
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

War didn't stop woodstock because they were probably singing at it. Sorry, i just had to crack that joke. :lol:
sean

Post by sean »

this is NOT a political topic, I'm sorry I set it off....
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

Oh, i'm sorry if you don't get the joke. :( :? But still, many people probably also have plans, like me.
sean

Post by sean »

many people dont have the chance to meet other people at a massive party either....
Setherioth

Post by Setherioth »

There would be lots of reason's sean that many people couldn't make it. One being transportation. Canada is a very large country. I live in Ontario and i still can't make it out there. People may be busy. People may even be too shy to meet everybody else. But it's nice that you tried and i don't know, you still might get enough to make it successful.
sean

Post by sean »

Seth where are you at? maybe I could pick you up...
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

I SWEAR once again you forget poor old Gannon... It hurts me Sean! :mrgreen:
martin

Post by martin »

1) there is no reason for war. if there was one, don't you think that there were more countries supporting the war? don't you think the united nations would support it? why is it that experts think that it violates international law? and why do you think saddams unbelievable actions against his own people (besides others) justify murder on innocent people? that's really stupid.

2) i won't have time in summer as i will have to serve the army then.

martin
Damien

Post by Damien »

War is, when one rich bastard orders some poor bastards to kill other poor bastards who were ordered by other rich bastards to kill other poor bastards...

War is not only a waste of life. War is a sacrilege against humanity, nature and life itself.
sean

Post by sean »

and on that note, we get back to the topic.....
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

Yeah back on topic. It hurts me Sean! Really cuts me deep man. Hahaha
sean

Post by sean »

aww gannon, you know I luv you:P

come on people, times ticking
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

Then why was'nt i invited? *sniff* Cuts me deep Sean... Cuts me deep.
sean

Post by sean »

you were, just that the airmail was lost
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

Im sure. :wink: Hahaha exactly what week are you doing this anyway? That would really tell everyone if they could come or not.
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

As much as I would love to come and meet your sean.....I dont have the cash to cross the pond between you and the UK. :(

War is the human condition its the way we are and will always be. As for the stupidity of the Iraq war...thats opinionated. Think of it like this. You live of water...you need it or you will die. Some one has loads of it but they wont let you have it or if they will its at a hard price. What would you do?
sean

Post by sean »

ok heres how it is, pending n funding I *MIGHT* be able to fly a small group of people in..

It will be select few however (plane tickets arent dime a dozen)

If I can get three or more tickets, there will be a drawing or contest of some sort for EACH ticket....
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

Still WHEN thou. Toward the end of summer?
sean

Post by sean »

week of aug 24, but date is in the works
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

*gasp* I might be able to come!! *is shocked and suprised* Hahaha
sean

Post by sean »

ya if you get out of your cowboy hat and start drivin, hahahahaha