Instruments

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hawkmoon

Instruments

Post by Hawkmoon »

Wonder... Is it possible to make a change in how it works?

Maybe make it possible to play low volume, medium volume and high volume. Maybe even make a instrument like Horn to reach further away with the sound and also make it impossible to hear when someone try to play the horn and no sound comes.

And also maybe make it selectable if you want to play a calm song or a more... lilltering song.

Just some proposals to make this more fun!
Mairae Auvria

Post by Mairae Auvria »

A lot of those suggestions can be RP'd...there have been a few proposals for instruments, the best is to actually have music from them though I don't think the proposal went further then that.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

According to what I was told, it is not that difficult to include sounds to the client. So, asking a developer for the right format, downloading a software like Tuxguitar and creating sounds is the way to go!

Also, keep in mind that it is planned to introduce bard magic one day - a "bard music system" and a "bard magic system" may not compete with each other.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Changing the instruments so its selectable what you play is close to impossible, since there is no good way to include something like this. The only possible way would be to show a menu were you can select what you want to play. But in such a menu its not possible to show anything but items. And I fail to see how you can select those things by clicking on items.

About the music, it would be indeed fine to have those and the music "system" is prepared since it was created to work with music. But we have no music that would fit this right now.

Cliu started a long time ago to create some music, but as far as I know he never finished. The requirements for such a music is simple. It has to be MIDI.

Nitram
Estralis Seborian

Is there a maximum length for the sounds?
Can world:makeSound invoke midis?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

There are 2 things in Illarion.

Sounds and Music.

Music are MIDIs, the length is close to unlimited. (char:startMusic())

Sounds are uncompressed WAV's, the length is due the size of this files very limited (a few seconds) (world:makeSound())
Estralis Seborian

Sorry for bothering again, but I think this might be interesting for everyone who plans to create music or sounds.

When I start a song with char:startMusic(), will only the client of the char play this music or everyone's client around like it is the case for world:makeSound()? Or does one have to search the surrounding of the bard for listeners and invoke the music for every character?

Is the music looped (like in old times) or does it stop by itself? Can I play music upon stepping on a triggerfield (like in old times) with:

MoveToField(char) <--how does that work btw?
char:startMusic()
end
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Nitram wrote:Changing the instruments so its selectable what you play is close to impossible, since there is no good way to include something like this. The only possible way would be to show a menu were you can select what you want to play. But in such a menu its not possible to show anything but items. And I fail to see how you can select those things by clicking on items.

About the music, it would be indeed fine to have those and the music "system" is prepared since it was created to work with music. But we have no music that would fit this right now.

Cliu started a long time ago to create some music, but as far as I know he never finished. The requirements for such a music is simple. It has to be MIDI.

Nitram
Thinking.. Why not see it as one is talking pretty much? Just whisper when one wants to play low volume and so on... Is itpossible to make that connection at least?