A Masked Ball

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Olivia_Gales

A Masked Ball

Post by Olivia_Gales »

Dear people of Troll's Bane

It is my wish, and the wish of several of my friends to host a masked ball. It would be open to anyone looking for a bit of fun and would help to bring people together for a night. Anyone wishing to help with the planning of this event please write down your name and how you may be able to help. Any help will be accepted graciously!

Thank you!

Emily Xahep
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Dear Emily,

I am pleased with the idea and have in fact had similar thoughts. I'm sure it would be an entertaining event for Troll's Bane, and for this reason, I would be more than glad to meet you to discuss this.

~ Sir Jorokar
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

With bags still not unpacked from her long trip, Achae wearing leather trousers and blouse, with a leather strap around her forehead as her appearance reflects more the Ama'shoon influence of her heritage, smiles widely.

I remember Joro and Ayla talking about one a long time ago.

Achae gets out pen and paper and adds a quick note at the bottom.

I am not sure what I can do, but if any help is required, send a dove.

Achae Eanstray
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

Emily,

I and my workers can make elegant dresses and noble suits and anything else related to the tailoring craft.

Rosendil
-Rosendil Manufakturen
Joxia Doral

ball

Post by Joxia Doral »

Sounds simply wonderful! I will help in whatever way I can!
Joxia
Deinarious

Post by Deinarious »

I would be willing to provide masks to anyone for the ball. I should have enough clay and glazes. Just inform me if clay masks are okay, and how many people will be attending.

Signed, Dei Daeowemeri
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

You are welcome to hold this at the Glassworks Theater. Our stage was built large enough for an event such as this. There is also plenty of seating for musicians and an audience.

~Chester Copperpot
Deinarious

Post by Deinarious »

A new parchemt similar to the one above the one above this one is attached.

I could provide some entertainment in the form of "tricks", along with making the clay masks. Just send me an inquiry on what kind of tricks I do. Either way, I am still at your command for this event, Miss Xahep, and still wondering when this lovely event will be held. Might I also ask that you send me a note saying how many people there will be and how many want masks made of clay? And maybe also have them contact me with what kind of mask they want? Either way, I'm sure it will be a splendid event, with or without my emotions.

Signed, Dei Daeowemeri

The bottom part of the parchment seems a bit... singed...
Borine

Post by Borine »

Hmm I could be a bouncer....

Andrew Belwhirch
Olivia_Gales

Post by Olivia_Gales »

First off I want to say sorry for the wait since it's been a long time since I first suggested the ball. Second I would like to announce that it will be taking place on the 24th of Ronas ((this Sunday, the 3rd >.>)) at the glassworks theater. ((3:00 EST sorry for the short notice.)) Obviously since it is a masked ball you will be expected to wear masks, and suggested to dress formally, but you may also wear costumes to further your disguise if you please. At the end of the evening people will be asked to take off their masks and reveal who they are. There will also be a contest for the most creative mask, so do your best to stand out. The winner will be announced at the end of the evening.

In order to create an estimate for the amount of food and drink we will require, I would like anyone who is interested in attending to please sign their names here. Note that if you write your name down you are not required to go to the ball, we only wish to know everyone who -plans- on attending.

Also, anyone who would be willing to offer entertainment for the evening would be greatly appreciated, musicians especially as we are currently lacking in the area of entertainment.

NOTE: For the safety of those attending the event we ask that you not bring bags or weapons. It’s sad to have to ask this and I apologize for this inconvenience, but the bandits have seemed to grow in numbers lately, and it is for your own safety I ask this. (Caterers of course are an exception seeing as they can’t carry everything without bags)

Enjoy the evening, and don't forget to sign your name!

Emily Xahep
Last edited by Olivia_Gales on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

A weary old lizard walks by, and noticing the message written by his friend Emily, stops to read. He frowns sorrowfully, and scrawls down a message on some parchment paper from his belt pouch.

Dear me, deepest apologies indeed. I shall be out that night, tending to the woodland grave of an old friend.((grrrr family reunion....it sounds like so much fun too...way more fun than my boring family. I always miss the best events :cry:)) I am just a gloomy old reptile anyway, and you young ones can have a wonderful time without me. Have ye all a ball worth remembering,

Slazf Kruvkva

Me finishes the message, pinning it up with an old dagger. A tear drops from his half-closed eye, falling on the dew-covered grass. "Damn it all to the nine hells, Ghaurn. Just come back to me; see how I have changed." Me takes another look at the message, dismissing it with a sad smile, "I am too old to be prancing about scaring youngsters anyway." Me walks off towards the welcoming dark of the woods; his gaze towards the stars, a bit of the gloom leaves his visage as he travels towards his closest thing to home.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

some people need to wear a mask all the time.

~unsigned~
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I will be there,
Artimer Fault.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

You can of course expect me to be there, Emily.

Linden Solmur
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

Ssssari and Misha will be there as well!

-Sssari
Amari

Post by Amari »

Masked ball, ya say? Count me in!!
*Amari
Borine

Post by Borine »

I'll come... though I'll need a suit and mask... if anyone has these send a dove to me...

C.R
Olivia_Gales

Post by Olivia_Gales »

((Due to some rl problems I'm sorry to have to do this, but I'm changing the ball to Sunday at 3 instead >.< I hope this time still works for those who signed up, but I unfortunately have no way of being home until much later in the day on Saturday. Sorry guys! :( <3 ))
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Kaila smiles appearing very excited as she reads then turns away pointing her wand whispering..

"I need to find Eli..Tol Vanima"

.. before disappearing completely.
Amaria

Post by Amaria »

I, hopefully, will be attending as well...

~Amaria
Joxia Doral

Masked Ball

Post by Joxia Doral »

Sunday, at the same time?
Joxia
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

HolyKnight wrote:some people need to wear a mask all the time.

~unsigned~
Through no fault of my own!

~unsigned
Gregor Antus

Post by Gregor Antus »

I shall try my hardest to attend.

-Slazf-
Rosanna

Post by Rosanna »

I might attend.. (im with my grandparents..)

~Rosanna~
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Heather and I will attend if we can,
sounds great,
hope to see you there (perhaps without knowing it)

Mark Strongarm
Olivia_Gales

Post by Olivia_Gales »

Just a reminder to everyone the ball is today! Remember to wear a mask, and try to be extra creative. It will make it much more fun for everyone!

ooc: ((Just on a side note I would like to add that for this event I really don't care if you're wearing what you rp your character is wearing. :P It gives people more room to elaborate on the costumes and masks. Also I'm not even sure if there is a real mask graphic so don't worry about running off on a wild goose chase. Just rp whatever you want your character to wear and we'll ignore the rest just for today :P))