Wedding Invitation....and Then.....

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Kaila's eyes gradually becoming less blurred as her head turns from her son, hearing his sweet voice call her "Mom" while the weight lifts from the dreams calling just faintly. Her face still very pale and body even thinner from lack of food during her illness, she gazes into Eli's eyes. At first she didn't see the burn marks...getting lost in the soothing green as if a beautiful forest surrounded her and silently communicating with that forest offering to protect and nourish. The marks flowing down his cheeks when finally seen cause a whispered gasp, being too weak to utter anything else as her hand then reaches out to him just as she did that first day they met.

Eli?

The question in her voice as her eyes slightly widen while stopping her shaky hand for fear of hurting him didn't cover the growing sadness in her eyes as they again start to blur, now with tears. Kaila suspected what he would say before he even started to speak knowing his power as a mage. She never wanted to hurt him, she had told herself that a long time ago. Knowing how he had waited for months thinking she may leave him one day to go back to her first love, she never told him then that after just a short time together, she would never look at anyone else....he had become her love, her life. Kaila also never told him her biggest fear, that one day he would be gone their life cycles being so different. She was still amazed sometimes she was even able to conceive having secretly tried for quite awhile before he ever proposed. Thinking of his proposal brought a brief mental image to her mind lessening the sadness just for a moment in her deep brown eyes.

Shaking her head to rid the last lingering clouds of dreams of the past still hovering in her mind, Kaila fights the dizziness and weakness that simple movement caused before turning to wait for his answer.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

The lazy days were wonderful for a change, more exploring and this time taking Darren, showing their son the sites that awed them. Kaila loved this time with Eli and her son, yet as with most things, she knew they wouldn't last. This time in the form of a letter delivered to her from the harbor. Kaila didn't open it at once, her shaky hand reaching to take it from the sailor. She gently placed it in her bag before holding out her hand to concentrate on making a portal. Darren was unusually quiet in her arms just watching as he reached a small hand to her cheek questionly.

Mama?

Kaila turned now and hugged her son before taking him through the portal.

No worries, it's probably not bad news after all.

Knowing he wouldn't understand much but the hug, she smiled and ruffled his hair before setting him down to play on the soft forest floor while she leans back against the trunk of a tree to read the letter retrieved from the bag. With heart pounding not having heard from Eli in the mainland for awhile, she slowly opens it glancing quickly then gives a sigh of relief mumbling....

At least nothing has happened to Eli.

Just as she starts to read it thoroughly Darren crawls over and grabs the letter out of her hand holding it to show to her giggling..

Papa?

Laughing while shaking her head as her eyes sparkle watching her son wave the letter excitedly...

I may shouldn't have let you play with Papa's letters when he wrote. You think any letter is his now, don't you?

Gently reaching again for the letter, Kaila looks into her son's green eyes that reminded her so much of Eli.

No Darren, no letter from Papa this time.

Turning her head down as the letter reflects the dappled light of sun through leaves, she begins to read thoroughly.

Oh my, it is bad news though!

Leaning back on the trunk partially closing her eyes appearing more distracted she remembers the long time in the hospital and the wonderful elfess who was also a patient there. They shared a room and in the long hours of the night, shared their lives with each other. Kaila felt almost as if she had a sister, they had so much in common. Standing she picks up her son and slowly walks into the building at Tol to sit at the table. Taking out her pen and parchment, this time writing a little neater then normal making sure the writing can be read plainly, her pen moves without hesitation.

Eli,
I received a letter from Delissa, the elfess that shared a room with me in the hospital at the mainland. She is still very sick and has been told she may not live long. Even though she wouldn't ever ask, I know it would help if I was with her and she saw Darren. I am going to visit her for a little though a lot depends on how her health is. I will miss you very much Love, and will try to write as much as possible.
Love,
Kaila

With a sadness in her heart she folds the letter carefully, and packing her and Darren's clothes stops to look at the forest one more time before holding out her wand to portal. Three parchments are left at Tol Vanima. One for Eli and two for her students.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

The sad look etched in Kaila's deep brown eyes is not entirely erased even at the sight of beautiful Tol Vanima. She hoped some comfort came to the last days of her friend, the Druids a wonderful help in alleviating her pain, but secretly wishing to no avail her friend would get better. Staying to make sure her place of rest was arranged, Kaila finally returned back to Gobaith.

Letting go of Darren's hand as they finally arrive, Kaila's heart begins to pound and breath catches as she gazes at the table she left the letters to Eli and her students. Eli's letter was still there unread but another one was placed on top, the handwriting on that one instantly recognized. With voice barely above a whisper being unable to speak any louder in her excitement.....

Eli!

Quickly picking up the letter as Darren's curious face turns to her, his hand pulling on the side of her blouse in exitement barely contained while she reads only swaying a little as his pull becomes more insistant.

Papa coming? Papa coming?

Folding the letter and placing it in her bag she kneels down to hug her son.

Not yet Sweetie, hopefully soon, but he is not sure when. He still has business on the mainland... I am sure he misses us just as much as we miss him though.

(( http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=28428 ))