I...I am fat? Noooo!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Lady Misha

I...I am fat? Noooo!

Post by Lady Misha »

After getting the new update I was pleased to log in and see Misha as tall as ever...how ever I was informed her weight classified her as fat....After a little sob I decided to see if I could have her weight readjusted. I know that a creature covered in scales with a tail weighs much more then a human of it's size would...but since recalculations of what is fat for lizards is a rediculous proposal...I'd rather just see about having her re adjusted accordingly....please and thank you.
Tinya

Post by Tinya »

It may be more the American connotation of the word "fat" rather "large, or big" may be better?
martin

Post by martin »

I find it kind of boring that everyone wants to play a ideal-weighted character.
You chose your weight and your height. For some reasons I'd say: stick with it.

There's no real disadvantage for "fat" characters.

Martin
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

yeah, but being heavy shouldnt necessarily mean 'fat'. For a knight character, they are likely to have bulky bodies from training. Now they are suddenly all chubby or fat. 6 2 at 200 oz is the size of a friend of mine, and he is far from overweight.
martin

Post by martin »

Gregory Hardcast wrote:For a knight character, they are likely to have bulky bodies from training. Now they are suddenly all chubby or fat. 6 2 at 200 oz is the size of a friend of mine, and he is far from overweight.
This is being considered.

Don't moan about things you haven't tried out.

Martin
Lady Misha

Post by Lady Misha »

It isn't so much that I wouldn't want to rp as a fat person, But Misha isn't fat...it's just impossible for me to play as her knowing that?s the way people are seeing her. She can't very well have let herself go to this extreame since she was last seen. Besides, I wouldn't call my iguanna fat but she weighs more than our cat.....
Llama

Post by Llama »

martin wrote:I find it kind of boring that everyone wants to play a ideal-weighted character.|
But the character he's talking about is one of the few 'smexy' lizard girls we have...
The Less

Post by The Less »

Let's be honest, no Illa player has a fat char by deliberate do they?
Llama

Post by Llama »

The Less wrote:Let's be honest, no Illa player has a fat char by deliberate do they?
Unless they're hobbits...
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

I believe the main thing is more the definition, this is FAT , whether chars elect to be called fat or not... possibly not, IMO you don't have to have all categories of chars. :wink: . http://people.alfred.edu/~rlb4/images/G ... Subaru.jpg
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

If you think your fat char isn't fat you're in denial.

Petite is ftw.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Sorry for posting in this area of the forum, but to add to the "noone is fat" thing, don't forget you play in a medievil environment. Peoples in those times didn't become fat usually, simply because they had hard work to do and alot of physical exercise, food which had less fat making stuff and no money to get enough food to become fat.
the few fat peoples were rich guys, like nobles or rich merchants. and even them didn't tend usually to become fat. don't forget, there were no cars, no lifts, no bus or trains, no real sweets, no fastfood, no fat meals, and so on.
Even riding is hard enough to lose weight with it ;)

just a very small percentage of the peoples in the medievil times were fat, or able to become so.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Like Lady Samantha ;)

In those days being fat was a compliment, it showed that you could afford to actually EAT well and laze about.
Nerwin Weidenwind

Post by Nerwin Weidenwind »

I am fat and its ok
Samantha Meryadeles

Like Lady Samantha
lol, nah, she was doing magic. a few powerfull spells and your hungerbar was down like hell. magic seems to be very exhausting for the body ;)
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Nerwin Weidenwind wrote:I am fat and its ok
POWER TO US! THE FAT PEOPLE OF ILLARION!

I demand a fat guild!
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:
Like Lady Samantha
lol, nah, she was doing magic. a few powerfull spells and your hungerbar was down like hell. magic seems to be very exhausting for the body ;)
Not to mention being PWNZORED a lot...... :lol:
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Like Lady Samantha
I don't know what hunger bar you're looking at but it takes me with maxed mage stats about 10 minutes to get from no mana and maxed hunger bar to 3/4s hunger bar.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

AlexRose wrote:
Like Lady Samantha
I don't know what hunger bar you're looking at but it takes me with maxed mage stats about 10 minutes to get from no mana and maxed hunger bar to 3/4s hunger bar.
Takes Julius about.. 5000 spells to even lose a pinch of food bar.
Illarion

Post by Illarion »

The Less wrote:Let's be honest, no Illa player has a fat char by deliberate do they?
I have a deliberately fat character... >_>
Lady Misha

Post by Lady Misha »

Right...but what I'm trying to say is Misha has a tail and is covered in scales....that adds alot of weight...so while she would be fat as a human, for a lizard she's not...so that's why I would just like to know if I can have her description changed to show she is not...fat...

I practically wimpered when someone emoted " looks at fat lizard "

Please, is there a way I could have this fixed...pretty please with sugar on top
Samantha Meryadeles

i am speaking of my time being around, which was more then over a year ago. in that days it cost you around half the hungerbar when recovering the used up manabar.
Samantha Meryadeles

---double post, sorry---
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Lady Misha wrote:Right...but what I'm trying to say is Misha has a tail and is covered in scales....that adds alot of weight...so while she would be fat as a human, for a lizard she's not...so that's why I would just like to know if I can have her description changed to show she is not...fat...

I practically wimpered when someone emoted " looks at fat lizard "

Please, is there a way I could have this fixed...pretty please with sugar on top
Sorry.. i only did that because of this thread :lol:

I actually think misha is smexy :)
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Misha is not fat she is...well proportioned..and healthy :P
Lady Misha

Post by Lady Misha »

kisses those who complimented her
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

According to Konrad, Julius is 500 pounds.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Unless they're hobbits...
Gilbert isn't fat, he's just festively plump. :D
Borine

Post by Borine »

Misha is a beast!
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

could we uh..have access to these things through our char profile? Not only is their the case of the descriptions not matching our chars but there is also the case that chars change with time, weight, height, age, all of it.

Might I also suggest a po chosen descriptive word..something that can go in the "examine" description. something in mind being a drop list similar to the one used in char creation to choose a class starter packet, only in the drop box have a few words to choose from such as grim, solumn, rosey, ugly, distant, savage, pretty, beautiful, handsome, grotesque, bulky, etc.