Gnomes

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Douban

Gnomes

Post by Douban »

Hello. I made an account for Illarion a few years ago but have not played for quite some time. I plan on jumping back into this game and starting a new gnome character (as I have sort of lost my connection with my old gnome, though I may revisit him still).

Anyway, my question is to those who have experience with gnomes - I'm curious as to what your gnome's professions are, as I'm not really sure what a creature obsessed with machinery would do for a career in the medieval world of Illarion.

Also, any other information you would like to offer pertaining to gnomes would be very much appreciated. I have forgotten much and I was never exactly an expert to begin with. :D
Loralyn
Location: Follow me into this dark alley and i'll show you...

Post by Loralyn »

Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

The official background for gnomes is a bit limited compared to the main races. Check out the Illapedia (the descriptions of gnomish cities are only available in german at the moment).
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Douban

Post by Douban »

Thank you for the help. I've read whats been suggested and it has refreshed my memory quite well - though I'm still curious as to what sort of jobs gnomes might have.
Daerbert Hoggle

Post by Daerbert Hoggle »

Thought I would add to this as one of the few Gnome players. I have been away for a little while but I am back and am willing to help any players who had thought about playing Gnome chars but are unsure how. I just had to make it up as I went along becasue of the lack of Gnome characters as role models I found myself often stuck on what to do for work and even how to rp my story but I have a pretty solid basis for my char background and why he does the jobs he does. Some players may know I tried to establish a small Gnomish community which unfortunately failed but through careful rp and allignments I think it may still be possible to establish a small Gnomish community IG.

Any new or old players thinking of playing a Gnome who would like a little help in getting started or want to rp with another Gnome so you don't feel so excluded from the other illa players, send me a message (dove) and I will get in touch with you.