Goldburg

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Great News!

I have keys for Goldburg and the Arena for all citizens needing them.

I am mining in Goldburg at the moment, and can be found here.

I also discussed plans with the builder and he said he may have time to begin work on our citadel! ((Sunday 12pm CST))
Come and help carry stones and bricks, as the builder assembles the first part of our citadel.

In service,
~Chester
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

It was a wonderful Day!
Thanks to a generous donation of 2000 Raw stone from our Silverbrand brothers, We have started work on the Citadel!

The builder couldn't build it as large as we hoped, however, the new size is still impressive (18 by 18 tiles).

Even with the smaller size, I still need some supplies while having extra of others.

We still need buckets, hammers, conifer boards and silvers.
I will post the updated totals soon.

More discussion with the builder revealed his limitations. He is soo busy, he recommended waiting for a while before building more than the Citadel and the Underground. The theater is still alright, but we will have to postpone the 'Marketplace' project for now.

I will work on plans for the underground homes and tunnels. These 'catacombs' will be sold out to citizens for their homes. So be sure to give me you're 'wish' lists for sizes you want! The second floor of the citadel will also have more tools for use by our craftsmen.

I would also like to see a field near the eastern side for Grain and Hops farming.

In service,
~Chester
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I, Faber Ironhammer, Hereby resign from the position of Appraiser. I am no longer able to preform the duties required.

~Faber Ironhammer,
Citizen of Goldburg~
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Evan Ross wrote:I, Faber Ironhammer, Hereby resign from the position of Appraiser. I am no longer able to preform the duties required.

~Faber Ironhammer,
Citizen of Goldburg~
Faber,

Your resignation saddens me. Is there anything I can do to help?

If you truly need to resign, please meet me ASAP to return the treasury entrusted to you. You will always be a citizen and welcome to do more when you have more time.

Thanks,
~Chester
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Dear Citizens,

New Member:
I would like to welcome Ragnar Soluis to Gobaith. He is a young miner and smith and already has volunteered to help us in our cause by collecting Raw Stones. He is new, so help him if you can.

Gratitudes:
Many Thanks to our Builder Lorian Macgintish for beginning what is to be a long and arduous project, the Citadel. Thanks to Edmon for collecting Molotovs for our defense, and the Stonehammers for their contribution of 200 buckets.

Changes:
Due to Faber's resignation, and lack of time by the builder, I have had to postpone the 'marketplace' project indefinitely. Recruiting active dwarves in the future will allow us to continue toward a Village Plan, but not at this time. No, now we must concentrate our efforts on the Citadel (Above and Below) as well as our Embassy(s). I have moved Habith and Katagil from the Marketplace to the Sublevels. The needs are the same (Bricks and stones) and I could use the help now that the first floor is nearing completion. Habith and Katagil need to see me when they can for planning.

Diplomacy:
Concerning the Embassy, please continue to ask around for interested Bards to perform for us. There seems to be a shortage at the moment. Let's continue to enhance the Arena by providing a Theater for all of Gobaith.

I would also like to ask for a volunteer to serve as 'Ambassador' to Greenbriar. We cannot provide an 'embassy' at this time, but perhaps later. It is important though, that with the new growing season at hand, that someone try to talk to the Halflings there to trade food, Seed, and farming knowledge with us. It would be best to have a dwarf there to assess the situation in Briar and advocate for us.

A Personal Answer:
I was asked recently by a friend, why we have chosen a 'clan' style of Government instead of a "Kingdom" like Silverbrand. I thought for a moment and responded that we were new and small in number. Tradition is that a small group of Dwarves is a Clan.

It made me think however, what is a "Kingdom"? The obvious answer is that it is 'created' by a notable founder and establishes a tradition. However, when there is already a Dwarven 'Kingdom", what right have I to establish another? I thought about how we could 'earn' the right to become a Kingdom, and they would help our efforts actually. I made a list of requirements I believe, would 'earn' that right with Honor:

20 Active Citizens ((Log in once a week))
10 Active Warriors - they must attend 50% of scheduled Trainings
Completion of the 'entire' Citadel - 5 Floors above, 3 below
Assisting three other City-States from attack - Actual Battles, not treaties
Trade and/or diplomatic relations with three other City-States
Blessing by a Priest of Irmorom
A Sign from the Gods
Approval by the King of Silverbrand

These eight points are 'difficult' and unpredictable, but they are good points to strive for nonetheless. But until they are completed, I cannot with good conscience suppose that our Clan deserves to become 'Royal'. Until then, we shall continue as a Clan-Structure.

I appreciate discussing these things with you. I have always been open and honest about our plans, assets and projects. I Believe it is important for you to know what we have, what you have available to you, and get all the help you can to live prosperous lives.

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

I have updated the plans for the Citadel ((See Page 2)). It is nearing completion of the first floor. Due to the reduced size, we have many extra materials. I will try to pass these to the arena, and then save them for the next phases such as the sublevels.

I have not seen some of you in sometime, and I would like to know who is still active. Please send me a dove if you are still active, so we can plan the new rooms and houses accordingly. Thank you.

In Service,
~Chester
kristofdeath

Hello

Post by kristofdeath »

I am still active and working on the arena project at the moment. :D
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Yes, Thank you Garius.

I will be posting more plans and a few changes in the coming days. I also plan to take a small trip to the Mainland for some advice and support from my cousin Emmett. He says he has a surprise for us. I'll meet him halfway in Albar and should return in three dwarven days.
((I will be Off Friday to Sunday for vacation))

I would like to continue to encourage everyone to send me 'dreams' of the Room/House they would like so I could work them into the space available.

In Service,
~Chester
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Dear Citizens,
Great News!

Citadel Progress:
Our First Floor of the Citadel should be completed by the end of this dwarven week! I am meeting with the builder to conclude construction.

All those without keys need to see me for a copy.

"Glassworks" Theater:
Our dear friend Garius has found himself overworked with personal matters at Home. He still remains loyal and a trusted friend, but will not be able to coordinate the Arena for us. I have recieved all the supplies from him and updated the Totals. ((Page 2)). We wish him well, and thank both him and his wife for their help. I'd like to name the 'Stage' after them as the chief donors. "Stonehammer Stage" will be used for our primary events. As soon as we get it built, we'll begin having "Beauty Contests", Market-Day, Plays and concerts.

With most materials collected, and time spent, I have decided to postpone the "Ambassador" Office until "Phase II" of the theater Project, which will involve a surrounding Wall and cover for the audience from the rain.

Meeting:
I would like to hold a meeting this week. I know many of you have been busy, as I have been, but we need to meet regularly again.
((Saturday, 2pm CST)) During the meeting, we can discuss plans, trade, and recieve free armor, weapons and even food as needed.

Events:
I would also like to encourage everyone to attend the Festival in Silverbrand if possible. ((See http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=26650 )) Our bonds to the mother country are strong, and we should support our brothers and sisters as they have us. I will be there if I can.

Although me and Garius obtained 6 treasures, we still have three "powerful" Treasure Maps, which require a few good fighters. We need to plan a time convenient for all to get these treasures as a group.

I am also planning our next adventures, so come prepared with some ideas!

In Service,
~CCCP aka Chief Chester CopperPot
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Dear citizens,

I have recieved word that Surian Silverbeard, our ambassador to Trollsbane, gave verbal permission for a human named "Falastur" to use the Silverbrand mines.

This human has accumulated "Plenty of Ore" at the expense of our brothers in Silverbrand without a license.

The Laws of Silverbrand are clear. Only Dwarves may use the mines or anyone that pays for the "Mining License". That is Silverbrand's concern though.

For us, our "Treaty" with Silverbrand which establishes Goldburg clearly states that no "Non-Dwarf" shall be allowed to use their mines. Surian is a "Dual-Citizen", and an ambassador for us as well! As a representative for us, he is bound by both our laws and those of Silverbrand, and he has violated our agreement with Silverbrand and caused us Dishonor.

As Punishment, I have removed him as our Ambassador effective immediately. I am sure he had good intentions, and this is his first offense, so his citizen status will remain. I will also send a letter to the Kingdom of Silverbrand, apologizing for this infraction by our "Ambassador". I am unaware what Silverbrand's response shall be.

The post of Ambassador for Goldburg is vacant for now.

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot, Chief of Goldburg
Silverwolf

Post by Silverwolf »

You should read the pergaments at the board of Silverbrand first, before saying sch a crap. There you can read, that the mines are free for mining!
~Surian
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Surian,

This incident happened before the announcement was made.

Although Silverbrand says it's mines are free as of two dwarven days ago, however, our treaty with them has not been updated to show that, so you still contradicted our Law.

Being a 'dual-citizen' is difficult as it involves knowledge of both Goldburg and Silverbrand, but in your case, as "Ambassador", you represent the "Best Interests" of both Silverbrand and Goldburg. They cannot agree all the time at the same time.

Silverbrand forbids killing Dragons, Goldburg does not. Silverbrand has opened it's mines, Goldburg has not, yet.

I am still of the opinion that non-dwarves should not be allowed into the mines. Dwarves built them and maintain them. Dwarves are likewise building Goldburg. I will discuss this issue with others at our meeting tomorrow.

I think it best if your focus is just on Silverbrand at this time, and I'll try to find someone else to 'advocate' for Goldburg. I wish to prevent "Conflicts of Interest" like this in the future.

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Manron

Post by Manron »

From my side, there is nothing to discuss... Silverbrand are the mainer of the Irmorom mountains and this before you was born. So i think Silverbrand has all rights to say the mines are free for all or not! There is nothing to discuss with Goldburg! Silverbrand has ALLOWED that Goldburg exist! You has no rights of the mines..! Think before writing crap or whatelse...!

signed~
Manron
out of his function as Viceking!
Silverwolf

Post by Silverwolf »

I was with the king, when he says, the mines get free when there are no more doors. but okay, I want to be removed from the citizenlist.
Surian

P.S.: Goldburg has no mines!
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Silverwolf wrote:I was with the king, when he says, the mines get free when there are no more doors. but okay, I want to be removed from the citizenlist.
Surian
Done. Please return the key so another dwarf may use it, we do not have many of them. Thank you.

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Silverwolf

Post by Silverwolf »

I already dropped him.
Surian
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Surian,

That was very careless and selfish of you. We could have used that key, but you decided to throw it away as if it meant nothing to you. More's the pity and vindication of how little you value the work we are trying to accomplish.

I sincerely hope that you aren't as careless with those things Silverbrand entrusts you with.

Farewell, and may you find happier times.

In Service,
~Chester
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Dear Citizens,

Today was a good day for us! The auction and some sales raised 125 silvers for our projects. We shall begin remodeling the Arena as soon as possible.

I have also increased our 'image' and goodwill with Trollsbane today, ensured their continued good work, political stability and plan for more cooperation in the future with our largest trading partner. Our 'Embassy' will become a positive aspect of Trollsbane and people everywhere.

I am continuing to raise much needed silvers for the citadel, and wish to call all citizens together, and any friends in one dwarven week to try to pursue some intense treasure maps. We shall meet in the Citadel. Come armored and prepared!

((Next Saturday, 3pm CST))

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Dear Citizens,

We shall have an 'open house' to the public in two dwarven days to display our beautiful new Citadel. ((Sunday 3pm CST)).

We shall hold our meeting at that time upstairs, and discuss future plans and possibly trade with those that come.

Afterwards, we shall train one on one persoanl combat techniques. Anyone who has not experienced Gynkenese Fire before can try them. The public is welcome to as well for 5 silvers each.

So, citizens, tell your friends to come by, see all the work we have done so far, and spend a few hours with us as we discuss plans, ways to help Gobaith and explode a few bottles!

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Dear Citizens,

I'd like to welcome Grump Hammerhand to our Clan! He is a newcomer from the mainland and a fellow smith. He has the added advantage of speaking both the old and the new languages! I gave him a tour today, and you'll probably meet him at our meeting tomorrow.

I have also updated our projects list. By helping to complete the Citadel, Hrar Godcairn and Edmon Entrails have earned the right to build private residences. Congratulations! Very soon, the Theater will also be completed and we shall add our congratulations to the Stonehammers as well!

Under the terms of service to Goldburg, anyone assisting to collect supplies for our projects through to completion, earns the right for private residences, as well as 25% assistance by the guild to their homes. I will coordinate that assistance under "Guild Rewards".

I hope we can begin adding homes to our growing clan!

If anyone needs anything like weapons, armor, tools, supplies or even just some time to talk, don't hesitate to ask for it! As Chief, I serve you all!

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
Jeff Corwin

Post by Jeff Corwin »

Dear Chester Copperpot,

My name is Andrew Xavier i am a priest to the gods Elara, Bragon, and Irmorom. I have personly been whatching you closly and have decided that i would like to join your ranks. Even though i am a priest i could sitll help you with your gathering. i think you are doing a great job so keep up the good work.

-Andrew Xavier
Priest of Elara, Bragon, and Irmorom

((P.S. please pm me when you can meet with me ingame and give me a tour of your great citidel and surrounding land))
Last edited by Jeff Corwin on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Dear Brother Xavier,

You are quite welcome! Long have we awaited a priest of Irmorom to provide counsel and guidance. I would be happy to meet with you.

I shall send my Hawk with a time and place.

In Service,
~Chester Copperpot
yamo

Post by yamo »

I, Yamo the miner, wish to become a citizen of Goldburg. I am a Dwarf.

~Yamo the miner~
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Yamo,

You are welcome! I have added you to our lists. Please see me soon to get a tour, key and equipment. ((Sunday 3pm CST at Goldburg is best))

I look forward to assisting you with any needs.

In Service,
~Chester
Jeff Corwin

Post by Jeff Corwin »

Dear Chester Copperpot,

Please send me a dove when i can meet with you to get a tour and my keys. Also i have not been added to your list of citizens.

-Andrew Xavier
Priest of Bragon, Elara, and Irmorom
Last edited by Jeff Corwin on Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Sorry Andrew,

I added Yamo because I have met him already, and know him to be a dwarf of good repute. I would like to at least meet you before adding you. I have already sent a dove and hope to meet with you soon.

Thanks!
~Chester
Jeff Corwin

Post by Jeff Corwin »

Dear Chester Copperpot,

THat is perfectly alright and it is good to meet the person before you add them. And i have recived your dove and have sent you.

-Andrew Xavier
Priest of Bragon, Elara, and Irmorom
Last edited by Jeff Corwin on Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Dear Chester Copperpot,

I am a dwarf by the name of Rakust, i'm not a smart dwarf, i'm not a strong dwarf, but i know my way around rocks and trees, i know my way around a slicer and carving tools, and i know how how to hold a fishing rod.

i've been looking for a great deal of time where i can settle down, where i can practice my craft, and a place where i don't have to look upwards at everyone.

Your Hopefully

Rakust Dorenstkzul.
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Rakust,

You are welcome. I would like to meet with you before giving you a key to our citadel. Please see me as soon as possible, or even perhaps after our auction this week ((Sunday 2pm CST)).

In service,
~Chester
Goldburg

Post by Goldburg »

Project #4
Citadel of Goldburg-Second Floor
"Crafting Floor and Siege Supplies"
~Completed~

The first, biggest and most important Project is our Citadel. I will take charge of this one personally and see it through to completion.
I have a vision of a Grand Citadel, worthy to resist our foes, safeguard our treasures and protect our future village. Due to the “Defensive” nature of the Citadel, everything on this second floor will be suited for siege. We will place all our crafting tools and siege supplies on this floor.

Give any materials for this project to me personally. I will be in charge of the citadel project personally. I will continue to get all the materials for this I can.
~Chester Copperpot

Citadel of Goldburg
Second Floor - "Crafting Floor"

((As per the building rules 12/15/07))

Materials Needed: (Needed/ Held by Chief/Given to Builder)
Floor (Street)

Silvers: 172.8/ 172.8 - complete
Clay Bricks: 4320 / 4320 - complete
Sand: 2160 / 2160 - complete
Hammers: 22 / 22 - complete
Shovels: 22 / 22 - complete

Exterior Wall (Castlewall)
Silvers: 192 / 192 - complete
Stone Blocks: 4800 / 4800 - complete
Sand: 1920 / 1921 - complete
Buckets 192 / 192 - complete
Shovels: 96 / 96 - complete
Hammers: 96 / 96 - complete

2 Stairs
Silvers: 4 / 4 - complete
Apple Boards: 80 / 80 - complete
Nails: 40 / 40 - complete
Hammers: 2 / 2 - complete

2 depots
Silvers: 100 / 100 - complete

Decorations
Silvers: 34 / 34 - complete
Apple Boards: 125 / 125 - complete
Nails: 145 / 145 - complete
Hammer: 1 / 1 - complete
Saw: 1 / 1 - complete
Iron Ingots: 10 / 10 - complete
Copper Ingots: 10 / 10 - complete
Long Handles: 6 / 6 - complete
Axes: 2 / 2 - complete
Round shield: 2 / 2 - complete
Gold Ingots: 4 / 4 - complete
Cherry Logs: 10 / 10 - complete
Sand: 50 / 50 - complete

Tools
Silvers: 340 / 340 - complete
Clay Bricks: 420 / 420 - complete
Sand: 110 / 110 - complete
Long Handles: 12 / 12 - complete
Hammers: 8 / 8 - cmplete
Iron Ingots: 130 / 130 - complete
Pincers: 3 / 3 - complete
Wood Shovels: 2 / 2 - complete
Glasblow pipe: 1 / 1 - complete
Thread: 100 / 100 - complete
Scissors: 3 / 3 - complete
Needle: 7 / 7 - complete
Apple Boards: 160 / 160 - complete
Conifer Boards: 100 / 100 - complete
Naldor Boards: 80 / 80 - complete
Nails: 130 / 130 - complete
Bucket: 1 / 1 - complete
Saw: 2 / 2 - complete
Carving tools: 2 / 2 - complete
Slicer: 2 / 2 - complete
Peel: 1 / 1 - complete
Rolling Pin: 1 / 1 - complete
Last edited by Goldburg on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.