Disappointed by the roleplay

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Vio888

Disappointed by the roleplay

Post by Vio888 »

I've logged in a few times so far....

The only person who -truely- roleplayed was the first person I met. I don't know his name nor his id.

Everyone else has no roleplaying style whatsoever (the most characters I've seen roleplay very weakly... and those that do manage to RP, do so like eight year olds) and I've seen a few break the IC rule.

Is Illarion a Runescape, only with some RP?
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

I believe you have just been unlucky.

While there are the sorts of people you have mentioned, there still are others who are willing to RP, and actually enjoy mostly through roleplaying. It may be hard sometimes for new players (or new characters) to "attach" yourself to the society, but with some persistence and patience, you will meet amazing roleplayers and roleplaying scenes.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Sure in illlarion are, like in every game, some not really good roleplayers, but the mainpart of the community can roleplay really good. I think you only had bad luck maybe you try to log in when more chars online - or you searching at other places / other settlements.
Vio888

Post by Vio888 »

I see.
I've probably been playing too many roleplay intensive muds, where roleplay is always top-notch...
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Just uh.. find me ig, man. :wink:
Thane Godfrey

Post by Thane Godfrey »

Walking on the 'newbies' boards and bash the whole community's roleplay is REALLY a top-notch idea buddy, you get +1 internets.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Vio888 wrote:I see.
I've probably been playing too many roleplay intensive muds, where roleplay is always top-notch...
right. Maybe you could reveal which characters you po'd to see if anyone can remember your 'topnotch' rp.

And stop being a conceited asshole.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Sundo Raca wrote:And stop being a conceited [censored].
You will never ever again call anybody an [censored] on this forum :!:
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Actually i said he was being one. Sorry for stepping out of line though.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Are you serious? Find one of my chars ig and show me your "top-notch" rp please, because I can't see that "most of the chars that manage to rp do so like 8 year olds" or that "most chars roleplay very weakly"...

I am quite new here too, but I have to say that this is a great game and that I never before had as much fun rping as here, and I do not claim I met a lot of people by now. I am looking forward to many more great hours of rp. Surely, you can be unlucky and find people that a) are not that good in English or b) have not played that long, but looking at these exceptions and saying that the rp of the majority of the community was bad is not very nice.
If you don't like the game, no one will force you to play it. But stop writing such a nonesense. Please.
Vio888

Post by Vio888 »

Sorry, I probably did come off as conceited.

I'm just sick and tired of Runescape clones, and I'm glad to find out this isn't one.

And perhaps when I read the line: "llarion is a free, graphical fantasy game that focuses on true roleplaying," I envisioned something slightly different.

Didn't mean to bash the community... just wanted to express my impression as a newbie.

And I'm a she, btw.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

It's not a runescape clone don't worry ;)

There are characters out there who for example have never touched a weapon, or don't even have skills at all. They just focus alot on roleplayer. As already said, have some patience, you may find what you've been expecting.
Tinya

Post by Tinya »

If the question from your post is if Runescape, no.... if the point of the post was to say "I want more and better RP", IMO that is pretty daunting considering players get ig to have fun and RP, I wouldn't like my RP to be so "judged" if happened to be the one to have met you. *shrugs* Expressing an "impression" of one in game 24 hr.... *sighs*
Last edited by Tinya on Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce

Re: Disappointed by the roleplay

Post by Deuce »

Vio888 wrote: The only person who -truely- roleplayed was the first person I met. I don't know his name nor his id.
She's refering to moi. :wink:
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Understand..., NO-English-Mans and womans how cant speak english very well. if you have to speak english in Game, maybe you cant roleplay so good. Because you havent enough vocabulary to say some things.

greetings
Rincewind
Vio888

Post by Vio888 »

Rincewind wrote:Understand..., NO-English-Mans and womans how cant speak english very well. if you have to speak english in Game, maybe you cant roleplay so good. Because you havent enough vocabulary to say some things.

greetings
Rincewind
Lol... Excuse me?
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

There are many Germans IG who will have to make an effort (and we are thankful for that) to roleplay in english, and thus may not have a wide vocabulary to describe in detail.
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Rincewind wrote:Understand..., NO-English-Mans and womans how cant speak english very well. if you have to speak english in Game, maybe you cant roleplay so good. Because you havent enough vocabulary to say some things.

greetings
Rincewind
If you have to speak English IG, maybe your FIRST LANGUAGE IS ENGLISH...
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I'm the only one finding it amusing that someone complains about the roleplay, while naming herself "Vio888" storming in like she would be the rp goddess send from the heavens to teach us all newbs a lesson.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

I don't like it but the forumname can (nearly) be however you want it.
Garou

Post by Garou »

Please wrote me a PM with your Charname and I will show you some really good player ig ;)

And Pellandria: Please calm down. It is an impression, try to find out ig how good she is or even not ;)

Greets
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Yeah, wouldn't that apply to me too? :P (): )

Pella, you could be a tad less harsh maybe... >.>
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

First:
I try to make roleplay, also in English.

Second:
I only said that, my roleplay would be much better if I could make it in German.

AND!
there's no reason to attack (and *lol* at) me.

no friendly greetings
Rincewind

Ps.: stupit chat-slang! I hate it! Hate hate hate!
Garou

Post by Garou »

Rincewind:

Well....sometimes it's really difficult to understand what exactly were meant....same for me ;)

I don't think that she laughed at you. I think she meant that even without good English skills you can try to role-play.

I mostly play in German, but simple sentences are easy to learn and to find out. As a result you could point out that you are a German player, but a role playing one ;)

((ich übersetze hier mal nicht genau ;) Aber fairerweise auch in Deutsch)

Tja...manchmal ist es schwer zu verstehen, was wirklich gemeint ist, auch mir fällt das schwer.

Ich denke nicht, dass sie über dich gelacht hat. Ich denkte sie meinte, dass man auch ohne gutem Englisch Rollenspiel betreiben kann.

Ich spiele fast nur in deutsch, habe mir aber einfache Sätze rausgesucht, denn die sind schnell gelernt und du zeigst gleichzeitig, dass du Interesse am Rollenspiel hast. OOC kannst du ja schreiben, dass du ein deutscher Spieler bist oder, was natürlich sauberer ist, dass du ein Mensch/Echse was auch immer der alten Sprache bist.

Nehm' das nicht persönlich ;)
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Vio888 must've gone to the Kallahorn meeting
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Wie gesagt, ich mache Rp trotz meines miserablen Englisch. Das (das englisch) jedoch nicht ganz so schlecht ist, um phrasen auswendig lernen zu müssen. Es geht halt doch, nur das mein blitzgescheiter mensch plötzlich wie ein Ork prabbelt. Was eigentlich ja ok ist, da wir in Illa. davon ausgehen das es Leute/Char gibt die als Muttersprache die Neue oder die Alte sprache sprechen. Also der Char im laufe seines lebens das eine oder andere in der fremden sprache gelernt hat.

Ich glaub übrigens dass er/sie mein English ausgelacht hat. => Danke das ich mir die mühe mache.

@Vio888: you laughs at my English? HU?
Garou

Post by Garou »

Rincewind: Calm down please!!
Llama

Post by Llama »

Pellandria wrote:I'm the only one finding it amusing that someone complains about the roleplay, while naming herself "Vio888"
And I have an underscore in my name.. so? :P
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

@ Garou: let us wait for the answer..... :|

"Vio888 must've gone to the Kallahorn meeting"
waht mean that?
Last edited by Rincewind on Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Fooser wrote:Vio888 must've gone to the Kallahorn meeting
ROFLMAO

Oh god I laughed when I read that.