Some statistics

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Bror

Some statistics

Post by Bror »

I have added a long time server statistics on the server-statistics page. You can see the development of players online from August 2000 to January 2002. We started with seldom more than zero players online and ended in january with more than 20 players online every day with a maximum of 41.
When we started to count the Website hits we had about 1100 in March 2001. Now we have about 2300 with a maximum of 416 on one day.
Below you see a graph, which shows the website hits per week. Based on this data the lower graph shows the accumulated website hits from one month before the given date.

I want to thank you all for your support for Illarion and we hope to be able to release new versions when we leave this university and change to an own server location.

One fact that one must see, is that the rising player amount causes many problems, for instance more players that don't know about roleplay and start senseless mass killings, powergaming and ooc-kewl talks. We will handle this problem with the email application system when the new server is up.
Damien

Some statistics

Post by Damien »

Yeee-haw ! Go Bror and Baldur, go go go ! :)
When i saw the number 40 at actual players online, i quickly looked at the server stats again (and compared to the old ones).

(Edited by Damien at 6:29 pm on Feb. 1, 2002)
Erdrick

Some statistics

Post by Erdrick »

I'm slowly spreading the good word to a few individuals I know, who know roleplay and RPG pretty well. Unfortunately they say the game is too slow, and never come back. Just a suggestion so you can have even more loyal players such as I.

P.S. When (in general) do you expect the new version to be out, and what we can expect?
Sskakzk'krr

Some statistics

Post by Sskakzk'krr »

This game has come a long way. There were many days I loged on and for hours there was no one else online. Now when I log on theres atleast 4 online=) I think you guys are doing a fine job.
Bror

Some statistics

Post by Bror »

Another statistic: The highest online time with one character is 1121 hours = one and a halve month (character exists since march 01)
The character is sir sirius.
Sirius

Some statistics

Post by Sirius »

I make a party if i will have 1500 hrs
Setherioth

Some statistics

Post by Setherioth »

one and a half months?!?!? you just left your character sitting online for one and a half months???
Galdriel

Some statistics

Post by Galdriel »

:-)

maybe a little estimation of invetsted worktime might be impressive too  

<grins>
Dyluck

Some statistics

Post by Dyluck »

No Setherioth, his character's been online for a TOTAL of that many hours.
At least I think that's what it means.
Astral

Some statistics

Post by Astral »

I hope that is what he means ;)
Peace Keeper

Some statistics

Post by Peace Keeper »

Bror, are you sure it is accurate?  I've seen ppl who just disappears and then reappear on my client and they don't move for such a long period and then disappear again.  Do those count towards the hours or just my client's playing with my mind?

Eitherways, Wow, 1121 hrs.  WTG Sirus!
Bombor

Some statistics

Post by Bombor »

Well done Bror :)

I can well imagine that those statisics are correct, as it is a great game.
Also I cannot explain why some people would think the game is to slow as there are quite a few much slower ones around, eg. "Wizard Mansion".
Please do keep up the fantastic work even when you do leave the Uni.
I am looking forward to many more hours of playing especially now that I have found quite a few decent players who make the RP'ing fun again.
I'm looking forward to the new set when you are finished, and you can count on me to be there.

Thanks again ;)
Bror

Some statistics

Post by Bror »

No peace keeper, I am not sure this is accurate. But I am also not sure that one and one is two - its a matter of the basis you choose to display the numbers and the number theory behind it.....
But Sir sirius approved his number of online hours once a few month ago. As he said, he doesn't let his character be online while he is sleeping or something else. And as far as I remember there are a few other characters that belong to him too, that don't count towards these online hours....
Erdrick

Some statistics

Post by Erdrick »

Bror, is it possible for you give us a Top 5 player-hours? (maybe in newsletter?)
That would be fun...
Korwin

Some statistics

Post by Korwin »

yes then we could have it for the illarion book of records!
Sabrina

Some statistics

Post by Sabrina »

The server,

Bror send me an email sometime. Maybe I can help with the server problem once I know more of what you need.