Intermediate World / Zwischenwelt

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

pharse

Intermediate World / Zwischenwelt

Post by pharse »

(English below)

Ich schlage vor, eine Zwischenwelt einzuführen, wohin *beinah* gestorbene Charaktere versetzt werden, wenn sie sich einem Gelben Kreuz nähern, anstatt einfach wiederbelebt zu werden. Dort müssen sie dann ein kleines Quest lösen, um die Gnade der Götter zu empfangen und wieder in die Welt der Lebenden zu gelangen.

Vorteile:
-- einheitliches Rollenspiel des "Todes"
-- nützlich für Priestersystem
-- nützlich für Rollenspiel von *richtig* toten Charakteren, sie werden einfach nicht mehr von dort weggelassen. Man kann sie besuchen, durch Rituale wiederbeleben etc.
-- schränkt durch die (etwas) zeitaufwändigen Miniquests folgendes Verhalten ein: Kampf - Tot - Wiederbelebung - Heiltrank - sofort wieder Kampf

Bitte fasst euch kurz und kommt auf den Punkt. Wenn möglich schreibt auf Deutsch UND Englisch!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

I suggest to implement an intermediate world where *almost* dead characters are warped to when they approach a yellow cross, instead of just being revived. There they have to complete some mini quests to gain the Gods' grace in order to get to the world of the living again.

Advantages:
-- same roleplay of "death"
-- useable for priest system
-- useable for roleplay of *really* dead characters, they are just forced to stay there. One can meet them again, revive them with a ritual etc.
-- the (a bit) time consuming miniquests limit following behaviour: battle - death - resurrection - health potion - immediately rejoining the battle

Please keep your comments short and point it clearly out. If possible write in German AND Englisch!
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

RP-mässig spielen gute RP-ler das bereits so aus. Tatsächlich in eine andere Welt zu gelangen, klingt interessant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good roleplayer do that already in their play. To have such a world for real sounds interesting.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

das Problem ist eher das ghosten nicht immer gleich Tod bedeutet, oft wird es eher als schwer verwundet oder K.O. geschlagen ausgespielt.
Andererseits wären 90% der Illaspieler schon so oft gestorben, dass nichts was sie tun könnten die Gnade eines Gottes noch erwecken würde sie zum 32 mal zurück auf Illarion zu schicken....
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I don't like this idea. There ist still the problem with the differnt between perma-death and "normal"-death.

I think the wohle thing with the die->cross-thing must be changed. Maybe the char don't die, he just becomes faint?
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

That's what I ment with good roleplay. They are hurt strongly but not dead.
And they play it! They aren't ghosted, run to the cross and come back as if nothing happened.
Llama

Post by Llama »

I think there should be a % chance of you actually dying (and going to this world).

This should depend on how damaged you are, and how long it took you to revive.

(if you get killed by insects, you can RP as being heavily injured, if you get smashed by a dragon or a golem, you probably would have died).

I have an interesting twist to it, essence should determine how fast you get around in that world, since I believe essence is how much the gods 'favour' you.

Also the people viewing the corpse should know that you have gone to that world (so they don't think you logged or were kicked or anything)
~~~~~~
(sorry, but my german is total rubbish)
ogerawa

Re: Intermediate World / Zwischenwelt

Post by ogerawa »

pharse wrote:-- the (a bit) time consuming miniquests limit following behaviour: battle - death - resurrection - health potion - immediately rejoining the battle
Currently it's almost impossible to do this, with the attributes gets lowered to the bottom after going to cross. And it will be back slowly, probably around 30 minutes or so.
Jupiter wrote:I don't like this idea. There ist still the problem with the differnt between perma-death and "normal"-death.

I think the wohle thing with the die->cross-thing must be changed. Maybe the char don't die, he just becomes faint?
As for this, I normally tell the newbs when they get ghosted, they get knocked out instead of died. Cause some people just over-reacted when they hear we died (met a few when i just started playing).

But then again, those that got some sort of perma-death, sometimes resurrect themselves through some ritual RP eg. Dain. So, there isn't much different between perma-death then ritual for resurrection and normal death then go to cross. Just that one takes more time to be alive again.

EDIT:
Well if we died for real and go to intermediate world, then maybe there should be a "perma-drop" of a corpse where we got killed.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Keine so schlechte Idee, aber mir würde es schon reichen, wenn es offizielle Ansagen/Regeln gibt, wie man Tod/Verwundung/Ghosting/Wiederbelebung IG spielen soll.

~~~

Well, not the badest ideas but I would prefer official guidelines how to play and handle death/wounding/ghostung/resurrection IG.
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

grundsätzlich eine gute idee.

wie wäre folgendes:
- "ghosten" bedeutet tod.
- man landet sofort in der vorgeschlagenen zwischenwelt (vielleicht vorher eine kleine animation, swirly oder so ...)
- in der zwischenwelt kann man sich wiederbeleben lassen, allerdings dauert das ganze (in rl zeit) relativ lange; eine aufgabe/quest erfüllen ist auch eine gute idee
- nach dem wiederbelegen wird man an einen altar zurückteleportiert (usharas schrein, oder jede rasse an ihren eigenen altar)

PO Ros
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I think there is enough in the system as it is without forcing more of a RP situation. Suppose some didn't RP as death but seriously injured, this would force the PO to have to interrupt the possibly of someone caring for them, treating their wounds etc. to go on a mini-quest.
This would also be more advantageous to those that can do a quest easily,
essence should determine how fast you get around in that world, since I believe essence is how much the gods 'favour' you.
and this again would affect fighters the most.
Currently it's almost impossible to do this, with the attributes gets lowered to the bottom after going to cross
, I agree.
jregan91

Post by jregan91 »

also would it be possable for a priest to use certain herbs or potions to be able to visit this world and help out people or the dead this could be called the priest`s duty to help lost souls this would be another way to rp if a message appered on a priest screen ie a person who is a preist has a holy amulate or somthing if it glows someone has been sent into death?

i am still not sure if it would be even possable because i have 0 knowlage of codeing but i still think this would be a good idea this would give a priest purpose in the game and it would increase rp and also give possabllities to new skills
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Diesen Vorschlag gab es schon vor Jahren, ich weiss allerdings nicht mehr das Ende der Disskusion.
Thorwald

Post by Thorwald »

Es gab kein Ende es ist im Sand verlaufen .
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

the idea of a "netherworld" with a quest, does it not just castigate the good RPers?
who will after that go and RP an additional time in a hospital?
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I didn't really read all, but I'm just gonna say, this idea had been thought about before I even join Illa, so you know.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Good, yet not new idea. If you want to check out how something like this can be realized, have a look at the MMORPG Planeshift (www.planeshift.it). Do not even think about playing this game, it is just a big bug, nothing works properly and this state lasts since 2003. But they have some sort of "intermediate world".
Executor

Post by Executor »

Sounds nice, but arent there a few things that has higher priority?
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

There are.
Executor

Post by Executor »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
I have an interesting twist to it, essence should determine how fast you get around in that world, since I believe essence is how much the gods 'favour' you.

(sorry, but my german is total rubbish)
Yeah, I mean we already have a food system that gives warriors huge disadvantages, so why not just do the same with this system?
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Nobody says that it won't come......some day.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

It wouldn't take long if there was some kind of cloud graphic.

What would be nice is: I've been told there's some sort of hidden counter showing your "karma" as such, i.e. how many bad things you do, like killing people and chopping down trees, compared to what good things you do like slaying undead or whatever. If this is true, you could have it so the higher your karma is, the further away from coming back to the real world you are, and when you come back to the world your value resets.

This could also bring in an idea that's been presented many a time:

When you die an item appears which is basically a bag which is the character; you move it to the bag slot to carry them over your shoulder (but their weight on the homepage adds to their inventory. i.e. someone extremely fat is hard to pick up, someone with 3 str couldn't) which would mean you can move someone. Then you could look in their inventory with this, as they work like a bag, and when they come back the item disappears and they are that item again. i.e. you can move them into jail etc. However, you're sort of.. immune to attack for a while, but you can't attack either. i.e. you can run away from monsters.

Course that's a hell of a lot of coding so let's leave that alone for a few years :p
Llama

Post by Llama »

AlexRose wrote:What would be nice is: I've been told there's some sort of hidden counter showing your "karma" as such, i.e. how many bad things you do, like killing people and chopping down trees,
So carpenters are evil.
Town guards are evil as well.

Otherwise the bag thing is a good idea, and better if it didn't rot until ages (so a person has a chance to grab his stuff back).