Request for economic programs to candidates

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Banduk

Request for economic programs to candidates

Post by Banduk »

Dear candidates!

most of your proclamations and nearly all discussions contains administrative and military aspects of your programs.

As citicen and local trader, I'd like to know your ideas for protecting and supporting trade and craftmanship. They are at the same level of interest for me and all the honest and hard working people. Our main interests should not be limited to crime reduction an prevention

Thank you Mr. Cromwell for your accomplishments, regarding the economics of our nice town.http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=24737

Banduk Robberhauf
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I will attempt to sit up a system with traders that are already citizens of the town, by speaking to other towns and sitting up a free trade agreement. Most towns cost to sell or barter away your goods, with this free trade every tradesman from Troll's Bane can go to a town and sell what he wishes or buy. Also, so that simple tradesman do not have there valuables stolen as they travel by cow, I shall buy body guards for you or make a recruit do so. Giving the recruit this responsibility will be a good learning experience.

Thank you,
Julius Rothman
Candidate for Governor
Garb

Post by Garb »

We will attempt to raise a cowishly big plantage of Sibanac for the common good. Further, the town princesses will not take any salaries but eat contests around the people of Enab Sllort in order to create the most glassful creation to worship the purpleness of a log! The Victor of this salty dress is to be glamoured with filthy coins. Further, ever citizen of Enab Sllort would be punished if he wouldn't buy his brandmarks and wonderwalls from a Enab Sllortian crafter! Further the holy cow will bless all of our crafters so they grow large beards and boldy heads to show their true love.

Grap and Parg
future princesses of Enab Sllort
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

The town has unfinished construction jobs, and a supply chest and armory that needs filling. To accomplish this, revenue money can go in a cycle, from the merchants and people, back to the merchants and people. This can be done by subsidizing local workers to gather required materials to finish construction jobs, and local artisans to do finishing work, and making completed goods such as carpentry items, armor, weapons. This can be done more efficient than ever if the entire treasury is open to do these construction jobs, and to buy armor for guards, rather than getting bogged down by sending a large percentage of money to town officials who voluntarily accept positions to help the town. Outside of giving work to local workers, I believe it isn't the business of the governor to interfere with peoples business transactions, but if a single or group of merchants comes and wishes to have some kind of market, or desires some sort of trade agreement, it will be supported.

F
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Banduk Robberhauf,

To be quite honest with you, I am not sure as to what will help the crafters and merchants. Currently it seems as though the goverments problems must be fixed before we take to many steps ahead of ourselves. Crafters and merchants are still vital regardless of the circumstances. Once the council is set I will propose that we hold a market day for merchants and crafters to sell their goods. This would be open to all of those on Gobaith. A market would ensure that crafters and merchants can safely sell their goods without worry of theift. The down can also buy supplies from crafters and merchants at a reasonable price. I think it would also be a good idea to have trade routes between towns. These caravans passing between towns would be guarded. Though in all honesty, we do not have enough milita or guards to do so. There are not enough people to defend the town, none the less defend caravans passing between towns. I can not promise that this will happen as we must be reasonable. Commerse is a great thing and is very important. Yet at the same time, we must strengthen the goverment and the own so that crafters have a safe and stable place to work and live.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

May I ask why you chose to post that twice? That's very awkward...

Julius Rothman
Warrior of Malachin
Recruit of the Town Guard
Knight of Gobaith
Candidate for Governor
Dantagon Marescot

Aye, you may, Julius. I made a second copy of the parchment so that my statement may be seen both with these papers and with my statements to the town.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon

P.S. Why exactly did you put knight of Gobaith under your name? Your title would be Ex-Page of the Knighthood of Gobaith, not knight.
Julius

Post by Julius »

Because I see that my deeds on this isle vast out way your own and your a Knight? You can be a knight without out being in your knighthood, Dantagon.

Julius Rothman
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Malachin
Recruit of the Town Guard
Candidate for Governor
Ex-page of the Knighthood of Gobaith
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Is this now a contest to see who can fit more things under their name? Hopefully not I already lost.

F
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Yes, good sir, I hope you are not saying that no-one else can claim the title 'of Gobiath'. Indeed, I myself am John of Gobiath, and anyone who by definition is a knight is technically a knight of Gobiath.

John Rhodes
Kundra

Post by Kundra »

Your certainly not a knight of gobaith in my eyes Dantagon, what have you ever done in your life time to deserve such a title, perhaps the ones who suit this title are the ones who do not impose it upon others so harshly, you know, the ones who actually protect civilians by nature and goodwill.

~Kalius Rosco
Dantagon Marescot

The title Knight of Gobaith comes from the fact that we are call the Knights of Gobaith. Sir Amroth Surion also hold the title Knight of Gobaith. It is because well... now that we are here, we are technically part of Gobaith. It is just that, Julius has technially not been knighted as far as I know. That is unless some lord or lady, sir or dame, who I do not know about has knighted him. So yes, technially, I do not see why you can not be John of Gobaith.

And Kalius... no offence... but I have never met you. I do not know who you are and you do not technically know me by anything other than a name. And I do not quite understand what you are getting at? Are you saying that I have never tried to protect civilians?

I would hope that I hold my title because of honour and not because of something else. It used to be, in the knighthood of Kallahorn, that anyone who could smash a mans head in deserved the title of knight. Surely you wouldn't want knights based sole on the fact that they can fight, yet have no honour or moral code?

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Warrior of Bragon
Knight of Gobaith
Julius

Post by Julius »

You lie Dantagon. Stop insulting my father's guild. He chose man that had honor of the mind and sword. He wouldn't let a man become a Knight who could barely shake a stick. Tis is how it is in every Knighthood since the dawn of time. Salkamar and Albar are basically the same way. YOU would have never made it to Knight under Stephen's or Arameh's Knighthood.

Julius Rothman
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Malachin
Gwendolin Cad'ell

Post by Gwendolin Cad'ell »

Have you ever actually met your father, Julius?

When Stephen Rothman took in Arameh into the knighthood, Arameh was a criminal. Just to disprove your point.
I would lie if I would say that Stephen Rothman was no man of honour. Instead I shall put it this way: He had his own views of moral and honour.
He tried to be a noble man, but I dare to say that life failed him often and what he became in the end was the result of a row of unfortunate events. I think there was a time that Stephen Rothman was a knight like a knight can be. I think there was a time were Stephen Rothman just grew weary of his position, of this island and of the fate he was bearing. And with his swings of mood and mind, so changed the knighthood. Sometimes for the better, often for the worse.

Lady Gwendolin Cad'ell
Julius

Post by Julius »

And tell me, Gwendolin, how was taking in Arameh a bad decision? Arameh is probably the best fighter to ever grace this isle with his presence, if he were to continue to be a Criminal, Troll's Bane would still be rebuilding from what he caused. Instead, he became a knight, someone revered not only for his skill with a blade but for his kindness. Like my father, I believe in second and even third chances. Everyone fails, it takes someone with a gentle heart to rekindle the good flame long put out in their soul.

Julius Rothman
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Malachin
Gwendolin Cad'ell

Post by Gwendolin Cad'ell »

I didn't say that it was a wrong decision, did I? You said he wouldn't take in men that only know how to lead a sword. Stephen didn't know if Arameh would ever pick up the idea of honour, but Stephen knew very well that Arameh was a good fighter.

And tell me Julius, do you really believe that the bad reputation of Kallahorn and especially of Stephen Rothman, that is spread all this island, comes from nowhere? But I don't expect you to understand this. You haven't been here during this time. You never met your father when he was leading the knighthood or when he was governor in the end. You only have this glorfied picture of him in your mind and I guess no ones words will ever change it. He was your father, I guess it's alright this way. He probably wouldn't have wanted you to see what broken man he really was.

Lady Gwendolin Cad'ell

Last edited by Gwendolin Cad'ell on Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Funny enough Arameh wasn't a criminal. If he was you'd all be dead.

Think before you write about legends.

-Unsigned
Dantagon Marescot

Julius,

I think you miss take my words, for although it was once Stephen's guild, it was Arameh who I paged and squired under. In Kallahorn not once was I taught values or honour. Not once was I told to be polite or curtious. I remember being taught who the gods were, because I had asked to learn, so that was what I was taught. Besides that, my knighthood was held by my sword. A double edged weapon whose sole intent is to kill. There was no learning of diplomacy, there was no learning of humbleness, there was no teaching of kindness, courtiousness, or even how to look over a situation and decide weither to draw your sword or raise your voice. Swords were drawn, shields were raised, and Bragon told me that this is not how a knighthood should be. Dreams of the crest of Kallahorn being ripped off of my chest made me realize that there was something that infurated the gods with this knighthood.

You see, Kallahorn, at her death, was never a knighthood. When I joined Kallahorn, I had joined a fighters guild and nothing more. We were strong, we were fierce, and we were hopeless. To the people of Gobaith, we were a joke Now, do not get me wrong, honourable people have come out of the Knighthood of Kallahorn. Take the late Sylathen for example. He was a lizard full of bravery, honesty, and honour til his death. He is nothing more than a ledgend now. So is what happens to the true knights. They lay forgotten in the ashes. Not once had Stephen or Arameh uttered his name to me. When asked their answer comprised of nothing more of him being a great knight, and that was all.

In the end, there is no point for me to write the truth and place it upon the walls of Bane. Those who listen to me already know, those who do no will never believe me, a glorified picture of a man, a knighthood, a want to be king in their eyes. Go ahead, continue to believe what you have been told, continue to believe the untruth. For no amount of words from the person who knew these men will change it. Words from the person who knew these men the way they really were.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Julius

Post by Julius »

Yes. Kallahorn was a joke. They repelled orc hordes, defeated Silverbrand multiple times, and did countless other deeds. The only ones that laughed were the feeble minded. Dantagon, as I've said before. Your Knighthood is false. Tis more a guild then a knighthood. Your knighthood is taught that words make the man. I believe this as well but it also takes a man to speak those words. You come before me and tell me what you really think my father is to my face. I hope you do.

Julius Rothman
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Malachin
Dantagon Marescot

Nay, there are more than just words. And go ahead, call it a joke, I ask the same of you. Come before me and tell me so, though I am sure you have. Also, I would be more than glad to tell you what I thought of your father face to face. Though I am pretty sure that you would draw your sword instead of listen. So go ahead and call us just a guild because we know how to use or words and not chop off the head of anyone who goes against us.

Actions may show people how you act in public. But it is the smallest deeds when no one is looking that make a good man.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon