Nominations for the Governor of Trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

You tell me to stop insulting but then you resort to such cheap shots as that?

Julius Rothman
mina

Post by mina »

From how Julius posted on the board, I think we can conclude that he's not much of a diplomatic guy. And I believe being a governor would need a diplomatic way to solve problems rather than speaking left and right where he's not supposed to since this is the place where people should nominate a person to be governor.

He also said
Julius wrote:This is nominations, not elections.
After knowing that this board is supposed to be for nominating, yet he decided to provoke people by posting something that's inappropriate on the board. Such an intellectual person indeed.

Dantagon is just a human, he won't know there would be trouble in Bane. Not to mention the attack by Caelum was on such a short notice. If he knows before hand, I believe he would try as best as he could to be where he's needed.

~unsigned~
PS: Julius, please don't post in this board just because I didn't signed it.
Ravaelo

Post by Ravaelo »

I don't know Sir Marescot, never I have seen him in the town - so why should I nominate such a Person ?

I nominate Edward Cromwell

/signed
Ravaelo
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

This parchment has been ripped off
Last edited by Deuce on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Since i was listed as a citizen under the list which was made by our old governour Farron, i'd like to nominate Edward Cromwell...the only competent person from all of you.

Sincerely,
Ashayen
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

I find it funny and at the same time sad that certain persons who committed crimes against Troll's Bane in the form of Siltaris' government and it's applied laws - in which's sprirt the new elections are made - are now allowed to vote and even get nominated as Governor...

-Midrusio
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

unsigned wrote:From how Julius posted on the board, I think we can conclude that he's not much of a diplomatic guy. And I believe being a governor would need a diplomatic way to solve problems rather than speaking left and right where he's not supposed to since this is the place where people should nominate a person to be governor.

He also said
Julius wrote:This is nominations, not elections.
After knowing that this board is supposed to be for nominating, yet he decided to provoke people by posting something that's inappropriate on the board. Such an intellectual person indeed.

Dantagon is just a human, he won't know there would be trouble in Bane. Not to mention the attack by Caelum was on such a short notice. If he knows before hand, I believe he would try as best as he could to be where he's needed.

~unsigned~
PS: Julius, please don't post in this board just because I didn't signed it.
Since you asked me reasonably not to answer because you left your name unsigned, I will. I am posting this message for another reason. I was very heated last night as I saw mutiple man nominating Dantagon. Not that he won't make a great governor, he just doesn't deserve it. Now, I acted very un - diplomatic in my stance last night and I wish to make a informal apology to not only the citizens of Troll's Bane but to the Knighthood and Dantagon.

We used to ride together and locked our swords in battle many times. He was more of a brother at points to me then my own. I seriously do not think that he will make a great governor, tis all.

Best wishes to all,
Julius Rothman
Nomination For the Governor of Trolls Bane
Recruit of the Town Guard
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

I nominate Samantha Meryadeles.
Yes, I know that she is not on Gobaith this days but
she is one of the persons who are able to lead the
city into better times. Just write her down and if
she isn´t back when the elections begin you can
remove her from the nomation list if you want.

~Rorak, citicen of Trolls Bane
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I thought knights are meant to be able to fight?

Samantha Meryadeles? That's rather disgusting, She only abused the power last time. That Dirty little wench.

-Malzar The Mad
Machiavelli

Post by Machiavelli »

I nominate Lennier.

Braydar Wolfstar
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Braydar Wolfstar has not been seen for months. I am pretty sure that he has left the isle. As much as I think that Lennier would make for a worthy candidate I deem the above parchment as false. Also, Braydar Wolfstar is a very poor writer.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Greetings citizens of Trollsbane,

in case its wanted to ensure the rightfull progress of the voting i can set
up the voting books that were used at the past two votings for the
governor. Its impossible to fake votes if they are used. But its up to you.
I don't exspect any money for this service.

Also i offer everyone who is nominated to create signs that can be placed
in the town to for promotion purposes. The money i want for one sign is
2 silvers. This includes the production, setting up and removing ( after the
election is done ) of the signs. You can choose freely what to write on
the signs you buy.

Contact me in case you are interessted.

Nitram
not a citizen of Trollsbane,
not nominated to become a Governor,
not a recruit or a member of the Townguard of any Town
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I nominate Nitram.

~Unsigned~
mina

Post by mina »

I wonder why people, other than himself, would nominate Edward Cromwell except that you are his friends. My reason for saying those would be a quote from himself taken from the other board.
Mr. Cromwell wrote:though, if a tool such as “Sir” Dantagon is elected, the Citizens only deserve an invasion.. and the plague
From this statement, we can see that he doesn't really care for the town nor the citizens. He actually wrote he wishes deserves to be invaded, such a fair man he is, if Dantagon were to be elected. To me, he seems to want to be the governor for his own personal gain, taxes money perhaps?, eventhough I have no clue what his plans are if he is elected as Bane's governor. Not a pretty thing to imagine for me at least.

Another meaning I can extract from such statement is that he is afraid that he would lost to Dantagon. Which is why he singled out a nominee and even go as low as giving his bless, for the attack, if Dantagon is elected.
Mr. Cromwell wrote:By far the man most fitting to be the Governor of Trollsbane
Another quote from his post, he seems to be a self-conceited arrogant man who defames other people, yet he never told us why he thinks he is a better nominee. I have read his other several posts from other boards as well, he is good in arguing that's for sure, sadly in most of his arguments he always bad-mouth the other party. Seems like a bad personality and rather barbaric for a governor nominee.

It would be nice if the nominees would focus on what they would do for the town and the citizens rather than dragging the other nominees down so he could try to climb up to the top. Give the citizens reasons on why they should vote for you rather than saying the other nominees are bad, so they would vote for you. Else the only one who votes for the nominees would be their own friends.

My challenge to the nominees would be, prove yourself a better person than the other nominees. Give the friends of your rivals (other nominees) some reasons in order to gain their trust and vote fair and square. If those who vote for you are only your friends, then you never won the election. It only proves that you have more friends than your rivals.

As for the citizens, open your mind, be logical and choose wisely when you vote rather than for the reason, cause you know the person and you are close to him/her. For those who complaint about Siltaris fabricated the citizen's list, well this is your chance to prove yourself as Bane's citizen to vote for the person who has the ability to lead Bane rather than vote for your friend/lover. Else, history would repeat itself and you are welcome to the hypocrites' world.

May the future governor capable to make the town prosper during his/her time and lead Bane, a step further, to be a better town for the sake of the citizens.

~unsigned~

EDIT:
By the way, by saying bad things about Dantagon, you guys actually brought the attention to him. If only he could use such opportunity, it won't be a miracle that he would win. So far, seems like 2 of Dantagon's rivals seems to be quite uneasy about him being nominated. I hope it's not just because of a personal issues.
Eranduin Carras

Achtung Fälschung!

Post by Eranduin Carras »

--- *durchgestrichen*
Last edited by Eranduin Carras on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:03 am, edited 12 times in total.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

reads all over with a mocking grin on her face. Quickly she scribbled some words underneath..

I like this cowardly unknown people who such spreading bad things. Better a drunkard like Cromwell who stands to his opinions as such fools. Fits this town very well.

signed with an eagle claw

Aleytys Lamar
MilitiaVarshikar ( and i be lucky,thankfull and proud to be a Varshikari )
Executor

Post by Executor »

I nominate Dantagon Marescot.
However, I would advise him and everybody else to take their discussions elsewhere. You are to write nominations here, and nominations ONLY.

Aenarion
-Town Guard of Trolls Bane
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

I am quite disturbed by the fact that my name is not on the list of citizens, despite the fact that I was a citizen under Farron, and applied to be one under Siltaris.

My suggestion is to let anyone who would stand, regardless of citizenship. I would like to nominate myself therefore, if either my name is rightfully put back onto citizen list, or if the above suggestion were to be imposed.

John Rhodes
Julius

Post by Julius »

So that the elections run smoothly and just, can we think about not allowing Dantagon's members to vote for him? Look at the citizen list..

Quay Calimon
Avain Defle
Amroth Surion
Jorokar Sladrir (Formerly)

He could win the election on those four votes for half the citizen list is inactive or chooses not to participate.

Julius Rothman
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

If persons like Cromwell or Fooser are allowed for nomination, these peoples mentionend by Julius should able to vote for sure. I guess you have to extend your election campaign...

-Midrusio
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Midrusio is without a doubt the best slave--excuse me, friend and citizen a person could ask for!

F
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Julius,

You seem to act threatened by the fact that members of the knighthood who I associate with are also members of the town. Dispite my saying that I would rather not have my friends vote for me if they feel that I can not do a good job you seem to wish to seek that I am further disallowed to win the election. Why are you so threatened by the fact that a member of the town, not someone of the knighthood had first nominated me? What if we were to disallow this minor amount of people from voting and they all thought you were the best man for the job? Would you not be hurting yourself?

If I may point out, you wish to give the knighthood a secure place in town to work, and yet you wish to disallow them voting rights? At the same time you have insulted both the knighthood and myself and are still expecting us to agree to your idea? Weither the knighthood agrees to take your offer will be worried about after the election; however I think you need to look more carefully at what you write before you place it upon the wall.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Julius

Post by Julius »

As I have told you before, Dantagon, actually read what I write. Disallow them from voting for you, not from the entire elections. They can vote for whomever they see fit, it justs unfair that you have Knighthood members in and almost assuredly automatic votes.

Julius Rothman
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Achae reads the boards with interest and listens to all the candidates ideas on what they feel is best for the town. As she reads the last few posts with a slight shake her head, she whispers,

Just because some people are quiet, doesn't mean they will not vote. Any citizen should have the right to vote for any candidate they wish.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I don't think it can be upheld that someone because a 2nd class citizen because they are part of a group or guild, and someone else in their group has decided to run, it isn't really fair to them.

F
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

It has been arranged with the man Nitram to have his special books placed in town to hold a secure election.

Voting begins ((Sat 22nd)) and last until ((sat 29th)) the list of candidates are as follows:

Dantagon Marescot
Edward Cromwell
Gildon de Vymont
Julius Rothman
Fooser

I am pleased with those people that have come forward and shown there willingness to lead the town. I am thankful to see that all the nominees are people I think would do well at leading the Trollsbane. Some I have be allies with for years and others where next to enemies though in this day I believe them all to have a valuable asset they could offer our town. Perhaps one day I will return and congratulate the winner, good luck with the election and I wish you all the best.

~Taliss Kazzxs
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The tables for the votings are set up in the big room in the first level of the library.

The votings will start at the 4th of Adras in the Year 22 and last until the end of the 24th of Adras in the Year 22. Enougth time for everyone to vote.

(( from 22nd September 1:00 GMT+1 to the 29th September 1:00 GMT+1 ))

The winner of the votings will be announced at the 25th of Adras. He also gets the list of the names who did not vote.
Furthermore there are some names of persons on the list who told the leaders of the town a false name or left the island again. Those won't be able to vote.

Nitram
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

I was in the library and saw no tables.

~Dain~Laiden~
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

they are in the upper floor!
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Yes, go to the second floor, you'll see 5 books laying out, go to the one on the far right by the wall, it says "Fooser," write your name in that one. Thanks!

F