Testament of Siltaris

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Delorges Rugend

Post by Delorges Rugend »

The whole thing, is just stupid.

Silas is now the governor. I wouldn't say if he is it wirh right or not.

But what would be better?
Silas rules the Troll's Bane in a intelligently and decent way ( the time has to past, to see if he will do it ), or a second war in Troll's Bane? He?

I am a man of the law my whole life and Silas's assumption of the office wasn't legal, but a second war couldn't make it better, no, it would do it worse.
Let Silas stay in his position, if he isn't abel to handle it, then upset him.

Oh, and isn't the library owned by the grey light and not by Troll's Bane?

Delorges Rugend
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

One can not hold a diplomatic meeting if there is no annouced date, time, or place for this. Also it seems you all have much fun creating loop-holes and complaining about them.

To the unsigned writter who likes to hold grudges. I am no corrupt tool who can not distinguish a crime from the truth. It is you who are the corrupt tool. You are corrupt because of your grudge against a dead woman. Waste your energy on something more profitable than arguing against someone who can no longer argue back.

Since all of you think that I am merely siding with Siltaris, I shall prove you wrong. As we do not know that she used taxes to fix the Sea Horse or not, we can not deny the will. If there /IS/ evidence, and not just reasoning made by those with grudges against her, then yes, the Sea Horse is in fact belonging to the town. But it is pointless claiming that she did use the taxes without proof SPECIFICALLY from the building master.

Last, if I may point out, that even if this building does go to someone other than the town, we can not deny the Rose from holding which ever building it is they own in town. I truely forget if it is the library or the hospital. What you fail to realize is, they don't own it as a private residence. They own it so that they can keep maintaince on it and help the town and it's citizens. Taking a building which they fund for the town away from them, is truely an act of idioticy by the current goverment.

Believe me or don't believe me,
I am still, the Red Knight.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Right to the end she sends town assets to other towns..
Gryphius

Post by Gryphius »

Mit von Trauer beschattetem Antlitz heftet eine gebeugte Gestalt einen Schrieb an die Wand, und betritt zögerlich die Stadt.

Bewohner und Repräsentanten von Troll's Bane, wie auch Großmeister Lennier
und König Thorwald von Silberbrand,

Ich möchte die Bitte vorwegschicken, dass man künftig - im Zuge der
Verteilung der Erbschaft, und auch bevorstehenden Zeiten - von weiteren
öffentlichen Angriffen auf die Perönlichkeit der verstorbenen Siltaris
absehen möge, einfach des Anstands wegen - ich bitte persönlich darum,
und hoffe, dass der für mich nicht im geringsten nachvollziehbare Hass
gegen ihre Person zumindest temporär zum Erliegen komme.

Was das mir anvertraute Erbe angeht... so möchte ich einige Dinge dazu
klarstellen: Ich sehe Varshikar als meine Heimat an, und gedenke auch
nicht, das zu ändern. Ein wohlmöbliertes, weitläufiges Anwesen mag zwar
gewisse Annehmlichkeiten bergen, doch ist dies kein Ersatz für den weichen
Sand der Wüste Kumdahs zwischen meinen Zehen, oder die Weiten des Mantel-
gebirges, die die Stadt umziehen. Ich würde dem Gebäude nicht die nötige
Pflege zukommen lassen, daher wäre es in meinem Besitz dazu verdammt, Staub
anzusammeln.

Und zweitens: Welchen Wert birgt schon ein großes, leeres Haus, wenn man
es mit niemandem zu teilen vermag? Kein Reichtum der Welt kann aufwiegen,
was ich... nein, was diese Insel und ganz Illarion verloren hat. Das Erbe,
welches Siltaris mir hinterlassen hat, trage ich bereits bei mir... und
werde es weiter tragen, bis zum Tage meines letzten Atemzugs.

Daher... fühle ich mich leider außerstande, diese Erbschaft anzutreten. Ich
hoffe, dass es dem ehrenwerten Großfürsten Lennier und König Thorwald von
Silberbrand einen größenen Nutzen bergen wird, als mir... und dass sie ihrem
Erbe weise Gebrauch machen werden. Und nochmals die Bitte: Keine weiteren
unnötigen Zankereien darum. Letztlich sind es nur Sachgüter, und unwürdig
ist es, eine Person aufgrund lebloser Gegenstände herabzuwürdigen. Ganz zu
schweigen davon, dass es gewiss nicht in ihrem Sinne gewesen wäre.

Das ist alles, was ich dazu zu sagen habe. Adrons und Siranis Segen.

~Gryphius Messerzunge~

---

With a face veiled in sorrowness, a slightly crooked figure attaches a note underneath, before it hesitantly enters the town.

Dwellers and representatives of Troll's Bane, as Grandmaster Lennier and
King Thorwald of Silverbrand,

I'd like to express my appeal in advance, that henceforth - within the process
of the distribution of the heritage, as any forthcoming times - you may abstain
from further public attacks against the personality of Siltaris, for the sake
of modesty. I personally ask for that, and bear the hope, that this hate - which
is not comprehensible to me even in the slightest - might cease at least tempo-
rarily.

Regarding my inheritace... I'd like to make several points clear: I consider Var-
shikar as my home, and I hold no intend to alter that. A well-furnished, spacious
manor might have its amenities, but by no means this is a replacement for the soft-
ness of the sands of Kumdah between my toes, or the wideness of the mountains
surrounding our town. I would be unable to provide the building with the necessary
maintenance, thus under my possession it would inevitably be doomed to a fate as
dust-collector.

And secondly: What value bears a large, empty manor, if there's no one to share it
with? No riches of this earth will manage to offset what I... no, the whole island
and whole Illarion has lost. I already hold the heritage Siltaris has left behind
for me... and I will continue to hold it until the very day of my last breath.

Thus... I sadly feel incapable to accept this inheritance. I honestly hope that it
will be of greater avail to the venerated Grand Master Lennier and King Thorwald of
Silverbrand, than to me... and that they will make use of it wisely. And again my
appeal: No unnecessary bickering about it. Ultimately, it is just objects, and
undeserving it is to vilify a person because liveless things.

This is all I have to say. Adron's and Sirani's blessings.

~Gryphius Messerzunge~
Gwendolin Cad'ell

Post by Gwendolin Cad'ell »

Möge Zhambra seine schützenden Händen über euch halten, Gryphius, so wie er es über mich tat. Wenn ihr mit jemanden reden möchtet, der euch vielleicht ein wenig Verständnis entgegenbringen kann, dann wendet euch jederzeit an mich.

May Zhambra hold his protecting hands over you, Gryphius, like he did with me. If you may feel like talking to someone who has sympathy and understanding for what you are going through, don't hesitate to approach to me.

Zhambras blessings,

Lady Gwendolin Cad'ell
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

The document I have found in Siltaris private properties proves that the Seahorse has been her own property for sure until the fire burnt it down.

Since Siltaris owned the building, it always has been used as the official seat of her government. This means, that over more than the last year, she offered her private property for the good of town by using it for diplomatic audiances. Therefore, the Seahorse had the function of an official building. Nonetheless, it always has been her property. Since it was used as official building, she calls it “the official seat of the current government (that means her government, by being elected by folks, obviously).

Now, there was the task to build it up again. According to some letter sent to Siltaris, the following is written down:

Für die Wiederherstellung des gebäudes in seinen ursprünglichen Zustand sind nötig // For reconstruction of the Seahorse, these materials are needed:
21 Sessel (armchairs), 11 weiße Sessel (white armchairs), 16 kleine Tische (small tables), 4 Stühle (chairs), 8 Hocker (stools), 1 kl. Thron (small throne), 4 Bücherregale (bookshelfs), 4 Spiegel (mirros), 4 Betten (beds), 1 Labortisch (laboratory tabgle), 2 Lesepulte (lecterns), 1 Pferdekopf (horsehead). 3 gr. Tische (big tables), 1 Kupferkessel (copperpot), 1 Dreibein-Kessel (pot), 1 Wandschmuck , 7 Laternen (lantern), 2 Kamine (chimneys), 11 Blumentöpfe flowerpots), 2 wehende Banner (banners).

Durch diese Maßnahmen ergeben sich folgende Kosten. Es sind aufgrund der Reparaturen die halben Kosten der ursprünglichen Preise // These reconstrucion measures cost the followig. Since these are only repairings, it costs only half of the common price:

155 Silber
32 Hammer
32 Sägen (saw)
615 Apfelholzbretter (applewood boards)
60 Nadelholzbretter
80 Kirschholzbretter
455 Nägel (nails)
105 Wollknäule
100 Wolle
100 feiner Quarzsand
3 Schriftrollen
3 leere Flaschen
1 Mörser
12 Kupferbarren
5 Eisenbarren
8 Goldbarren
1 Waffenaxt
1 Schild
17 Honigwaben
266 Garnrollen (thread)
31 weiße Tücher
3 lange Stangen
62 Ziegel (bricks)
6 rote Tücher
2 schwarze Tücher
10 blaue Tücher
1 rote Farbe

Gruß, Lorian MacGintish

As you can see, and as it is nothing but logic, the rebuildiung of the Seahorse were about the interior only. That is natural, since everyone could see that the walls were not damaged a lot.
Consequently, the amount of money people are talking here abous is 155 silvers only – instead of 400 Silvers. The rest of the 400 silvers was obviously used for the extension of the jail. The construcion of the jail obviously was much more effort than the repairing of the Seahorse (new floor, enlargement of the cellar).

The number of materials needed are minor. Therefore it seems nothing but logic that she was able to gather them by herself out of her normal stock she had after being on the isle for many years now and being one of the most skilled warriors around.

So, we are talking of 155 Silvers. 155 silvers only.

Due to her 12 months of being governor, she has earned 30 silvers all three months. This alone makes 120 silvers. It is difficult to see if she has paid herself or if not. Nobody knows. And nobody will ever know.
Assume, we consider she took the 120 silvers as her payment and used it for the Seahorse. What is left are 35 Silvers.

35 Silvers – everyone can pay that. It is close to nothing.

So, if you want to discuss about money, do discuss about 35 Silvers. Or, if you want to be careful, maybe talk about about 65 Silvers (if she has paid her once). It still is nothing.

No matter of which amount you discuss, keep in mind that the money was used for repairings of the interior only. So, even for the mistrustful persons, it must be clear that you discuss about some of the interior, since it was PROBABLY paid by some town funds.
But even then, keep in mind that some of the interior was mainly used for official diplomatic meetings between towns and guilds. So, her property was used for public. And thus, it seems understandable to pay that with some money of the town.

In sum:
- It is not about 400 Silvers, but about 155.
- It seems highly likely that she considered (at least some) of the costs as her payment, since there are only a few payments listed on the board.
- This money was used to repair the interior only.
- Thus, all discussions are about some of the interior only. The building (walls, roof, ground) have not been paid. So, the building itself is not related at all to the repairings.
- Thus, the ground of the Seahorse and the building itself must be considered as Siltaris’ property.

Consider different, and you consider false. As the parchment proves.

The Seahore has been Siltaris’ property (since the Magistrate left) and now is the legal property of the Grey Rose and Silverbrand.

Jerimedes
Adjutant of the former Governor Siltaris
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Be quicker if someone burnt it down again.

~unsigned
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

It will be unnessicary for Farron to have the new goverment claim the library to be taken from the Rose. For, if he would do his job as govenour and check the documents located within this library he will find what the scholars have written on the various treaties. The Rose does not have, nor as far as I could find, ever had a deed to the library. Instead they hold a legal and binding deed which I suggest this goverment never break, to the hospital in Bane. Tell me Farron, will you anger the Rose by claiming such a document never existed? After all, they are funding it for you, why should you take it out of their hands? I have copied the document word for word for the sanity of the new Govenour. If you are wise, I suggest that you make notice of this treaty and stay on good terms with the Rose.

R.K

P.S. Sometimes one must sign under a name other than their own in order to try and remain neutral.
The Grey Rose wrote:Vertrag zwischen der Grauen Rose und den Druiden des Waldes über die Nutzung des Magierturms.

Der Magierturm von Trolls Bane, Elminister ben Gorion, Ritter der Grauen Rose gehörend, wird in dessen Abwesenheit von der Ritterschaft verwaltet. In dieser Funktion verfügt die Graue Rose über die Nutzung des Magierturms und sieht folgendes vor:

Der Magierturm wird gemäß des alten Vertrages (siehe Anhang) zwischen Elminister ben Gorion und Caitlin Fergus, ehemalige Vorsteherin der Druiden des Waldes, weiterhin als Hospital genutzt werden. Das Nutzungsrecht obliegt den Druiden des Waldes, heute unter Führung von Alysha. Jene sind verantwortlich in dem Hospital regelmäßig Heiler für die Stadt und deren Bedürftige bereit zustellen.

Eine erste Ausstattung für die Neueröffnung des Hospitals wird von der Ritterschaft gestellt werden, ebenso anfallende Reparaturmaßnahmen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Contract between the Grey Rose and the Druids of the Forest about the use of the 'Mage Tower'.

The 'Mage Tower' of Trolls Bane, owned by Elminister ben Gorion, Knight of the Grey Rose, is managed by the Grey Rose for time of his absence. In this matter the Grey Rose decides following about the use of the 'Mage Tower':

The Mager Tower becomes used than a hospital, like it was dealed in the past between Elminister ben Gorion and Caitlin Fergus, former leader of the Druids of the Forest (read the addition). The usage rights are in hands of the Druids of the Forest, today leaded by Alysha. They are responsible for the hospital and the regulary medical help in Trolls Bane.

The first equipment for the new opening of the hospital and all neccessary repairs become payed by the Grey Rose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANHANG/ADDITION

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lennier,
Graf der Grauen Rose
Im Namen der Grauen Rose

Alysha
Leiterin der Druiden des Waldes

-------------
Publication of our new treaty in name of the Grey Rose
A second document appears to have been added.
Lennier wrote:Kaufvertrag zwischen der Grauen Rose und den Druiden des Waldes bezüglich des Magierturms in Troll's Bane

Mit diesem Vertrag verkauft die Graue Rose den Magierturm in Troll's Bane samt dazugehörenden Grundstück an die Druiden des Waldes zu einer Summe, die mit der Unterzeichnung an die Graue Rose geleitet wurde, deren Zahl aber in Übereinkunft beider öffentlich nicht genannt werden soll.

Im Jahre 19, der 3. Mas, unterzeichnet von:

~Yridia Anar, Druidin des Waldes~

~Lennier, Großmeister der Grauen Rose~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Contract between the Grey Rose and the Druids of the Forest about the Mage Tower in Troll's Bane

With the signatures below of this contract the Grey Rose sells the Mage Tower in Troll's Bane and the area around of it to the Druids of the Forest. The money for it changed to the Grey Rose with making the signatures. But in agreement of both noone has to tell the price in public.

The 3rd Mas in the 19th year, signed by:

~Yridia Anar, Druid of the Forest~

~Lennier, Grandmaster of the Grey Rose~
Actually, as it appears, you shouldn't have to take either away from the Rose as the Hospital appears to belong to the druids instead.

R.K.
Damien

Post by Damien »

The Library also does not belong to Troll's Bane. It HAS the purpose to be a public building, it is intended to support the town and to be used by the town's governments (even if they change), but it is maintained and belongs to the Order of the Grey Light since long before Siltaris' Government was started.
Even Stephen Rothman agreed to let the library un-taxed since it is of public use.
The Library doors shall never be locked until either someone claims it unrightfully and it has to be closed, or until it must be maintained, or until its shelves are moved to another place, which never had to be done.

-Damien
Lorian MacGintish

Post by Lorian MacGintish »

To make clear some points in matter of the "Seahorse".

The Seahorse was built than a pension and managed by the halfling Fieps and his wife Zasmia for many years. After both left the isle the owners changed very often.

The last owner before Siltaris got the Seahorse was Lady Samantha Meryadeles, which rebuild it. The Pension was reconstructed to a noble mansion of the mage and magistrate and her "family".

When the Seahorse burnt down and Lady Meryadeles left Gobaith the property moved to Siltaris. From whre she got all stuff and money to pay the repair i do not know. It is not my matter. But i know, that she had plans to use it than private house and residence of the members of the her goverment of Trolls Bane.

~Lorian MacGintish
Builder~
Last edited by Lorian MacGintish on Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

Silas Farron wrote:Dear Jerimedes,

Troll's Bane does not have a problem with this. We accept that heritage.
However, if the two parties spoken of in the testament agree in keeping the Seahorse Inn, the Library shall from now on officially belong to Troll's Bane as written in that honorable and righteous Testament of a woman whom i highly respect for her personality.

Regards,

Governor Farron

With this statemnt you have officially accepted the whole testament.
If the Grey Rose accepts it as well, the first part of the testament will be fullfilled.
THe second part, the building projects, have been accepted by you now as well, since you have accepted the whole testament. So, the building master shall begin.

The list of the official buildings was in another parchment, and was not part of the testament, obviously. This was the last official order of the former Governor. This is not related to the testament at all.

If you accept the content of this last order is a seperate issue. And it is your choice. Act careful, if you officially accept it (and make it valid) or not. Be aware that you only can make a whole parchment valid. Different would be unreasonable and not righteous.

The hospital is indeed not property of Troll's Bane.

Jerimedes
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

You already have officially declared the testament valid and righteous.
What kind of Governor are you not to stand to official declarations you have just made by yourself?

unsigned
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Ich bin betroffen von dem Testament, geht es doch davon aus, dass Siltaris nicht mehr unter uns weilt. Es ist ein weiteres Zeugnis der Greultaten in den letzten Tagen um durch Gewalt an Macht über Troll's Bane zu gelangen.

Wir können nur beten, dass Malachins wütendes Schwert der Gerechtigkeit nur jene trifft, die es wirklich verdient haben, und nicht die ganze Insel weiter darunter zu leiden hat. Möge Siltaris an der Seite unseres Herren sein und Gerechtigkeit erfahren!

Ich nehme Siltaris ihr testamentarischen Willen an. Zusammen mit König Thorwald von Silberbrand werde ich in den nächsten Tagen über den Verbleib des Seahorses sprechen und Gedanken austauschen, wie das Haus unter der neuen Situation noch genutzt und in Stand gehalten werden kann oder ob der Erlös eines Verkaufs bzw. einer Räumung nicht den versprengten und heimatlosen Mitstreitern Siltaris zugeführt werden sollte.

~Lennier
Großmeister der Grauen Rose~
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Jerimedes, I see that you and likely Siltaris, considering you are her adjutant. Clearly you do not understand that everyone is not completely rich and some of us barely have enough for our own food. I myself have less than 2 silvers.

~Dain~Laiden~
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Jerimedes. Also, you say you are talking of only 35 silvers, then you are sadly wrong. We are talking of 155 silvers, because the parchments above clearly state that 40000 copper were taken from the treasury for building costs; nothing to do with the salary of the former governor Siltaris. However for some reason Silas seems to have accepted this will. This fact is beyond me.

Skaalib
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

The governor and other persons in service of the government get their payment from the taxes, but there are no payments mentioned in the time during the building costs of 400 silver coins.
So it is of course not the best way to mix the costs (well, there is at least transparency at all!), but maybe within the 400 coins were outstanding payments.

-Midrusio
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Revolt!