Packing Animals/Packtiere

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Julius wrote:Can a gm or dev give me a user friendly nooblet guide to getting a pack animal? Everytime I ask Can I buy a pack animal or can i burrow a pack animal he says Farewell.. :shock:
He obviously doesn't trust his animals with you near their buttocks.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

No. I wasn't on my gay character when he did this. As far as I know, I'm pretty sure the char I was on was straight.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

So you associate Bestiality with Homosexuality?
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Yes, considering the Pack Animal I requested was a male.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Julius wrote:Yes, considering the Pack Animal I requested was a male.
Try to say "I want to buy a pack animal" instead of "I want to buy a pack animal with a penis" and it should work.
Julius

Post by Julius »

Dangit..

I knew I was doing something wrong.

Thanks?

Spam deleted - Arien -
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

how do you pack animals and...where do you get them?
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

I want to repeat the announcement, that with the packing animals all Trolls Bane depots outside of Trolls Bane get removed, after the server location is changed and you had some time move your goods.

Keep it in mind! Not that you will be surprised and shocked, that you have to travel long ways to reach and organize your goods, which are storaged in different depots spread about the whole isle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ich möchte daran erinnern, dass mit dem System der Lastentiere die Trolls Bane Depots außerhalb der Stadt zurückgenommen werden. Wir werde das nachdem der Server seinen Standort gewechselt, und ihr nochmal etwas Zeit hattet, euch vorzubereiten, durchziehen.

Behaltet das bitte im Auge. Nicht dass ihr überrascht und ratlos vor euren Depots steht und dann erst lange Reisen unternehmen müsst, um eure Depots neu zu organisieren.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Why are you doing this to us?
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Because it is planned since years, that the depots only should be local depots. But a transport system was needed to can solve this. Packing animals are our transport system now, so that we also can solve the thing with the depots now.

The target is, that people use the roads and find interaction around the process to transport goods: Players than thiefs and robbers at the roads, guardmens to protect little caravans, maybe specialized traders between the towns to transport the goods of their costumers. And of course: People should be linked more to their own settlement, where they have the advantage of "their" local depot, without to can switch thousands of goods of different town depots within few seconds....

Apropos: How do you feel about the price of the cows? 50 copper coins than fee and 2 silvercoins than caution. It is too cheap or it is good?
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

To clear up the problems with the key words in english. To rent a cow, you need to type "I want to rent a cow/pack animal", to give it back "I want to sell a cow/pack animal".
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Does this kick ass or does this kick ass! Wow, awesome, love it, great. The possibilities are endless really, this makes crafting in Illarion so much easier its not even funny, its soooo great!
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

I agree big thanks to the Illa staff
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Kann man mit Kühen auch nach Tol Vanima?
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Ja, Kühe können über den Hafen nach Vanima.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, cows can reach and leave Vanima in use of the habour.
Last edited by Lennier on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Wenn du die Kuh auf den Leuchtturm bringst, hast du vielleicht Glück :P
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Heißt, wäre möglich, wenn die Magische Akademie und Gobaith auf einer Ebene liegen würden... Tun sie aber nicht.
Baiyan Trading Company

Post by Baiyan Trading Company »

könnte man die statue nicht einfach an irgendeinem für kühe zugänglichen ort hinstellen?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

die Statuen Teleportieren die Kühe sowieso nicht mit. Auf der Insel der Akademie wird es keine Transport Kühe geben.
Baiyan Trading Company

Post by Baiyan Trading Company »

Und wie sollen die Magier dann das ganze Eisenerz transportieren dass sie brauchen um ihre Keuschheitsgürtel herzustellen? :P
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Über ein System das so vor 7 Jahren eingebaut wurde. Es nennt sich tragen.

Nitram
Sun Long

Post by Sun Long »

Ich möchte die Kuh benennen können. Das unterstützt das RP ebenso wie das Wiederfinden, wenn man sich zu weit von ihr entfernt hat.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Geht nicht.

Nitram
Sun Long

Post by Sun Long »

Auch gut... sie heisst trotzdem Else. :wink:
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

This may or may not have been mentioned..but, if the one who rents it logs out, and back in for some reason...the cow will look like a human male for a couple of minutes before returning to cow form.
Werner von Mintraching

Post by Werner von Mintraching »

Achae Eanstray wrote:This may or may not have been mentioned..but, if the one who rents it logs out, and back in for some reason...the cow will look like a human male for a couple of minutes before returning to cow form.
<nonsense>They implementet the reality in the wrong direktion, but some times to an humen his wife looks after wakeup like a cow</nonsence>

;o)

verzeiht mir liebe gemeinde
Llama

Post by Llama »

A few questions

1) If you get kicked/log out, will the cow wait there? or will it wander off?
2) Can two people use the same cow?
3) What happens if the server crashes? Do all the items the cow has (and the cow) disappear?
4) What happens if the cow dies? Do the items [in the 'depot' thingy] fall to the floor? or are magically lost?
5) If you go up/down a ladder, will the cow get lost, follow you, or wait outside?
6) How long will a cow 'wait' until it starts wandering off?
7) How many items/weight can a cow carry? IS there a limit?
Jonno

Post by Jonno »

Can pack animals climb upstairs? Presumably not, so some places are scuppered.....
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:1) If you get kicked/log out, will the cow wait there? or will it wander off?
It will logout with you and will login again as soon as you do.
Hadrian_Abela wrote:2) Can two people use the same cow?
No.
Hadrian_Abela wrote:3) What happens if the server crashes? Do all the items the cow has (and the cow) disappear?
Server Crashes cause a reset to the state of the last login.
Hadrian_Abela wrote:4) What happens if the cow dies? Do the items [in the 'depot' thingy] fall to the floor? or are magically lost?
Cows can't die. They are NPC. Noone can attack them.
Hadrian_Abela wrote:5) If you go up/down a ladder, will the cow get lost, follow you, or wait outside?
The cow will wait. But not forever. Its like you run to far away from it. And the cow can be stolen in case you are on a different level.
Hadrian_Abela wrote:6) How long will a cow 'wait' until it starts wandering off?
Around 5 minutes.
Hadrian_Abela wrote:7) How many items/weight can a cow carry? IS there a limit?
There is no limit. Only the amount of spaces in the depot. So the limit is the same as in all depots.

Nitram
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Is it possible to steal a cow without killing the owner of it?(If not I think this will promote more clouding in game.)

If the owner of a cow dies, can you "loot" the cow?

Can you steal from the cow(stealing items on the cow I mean) without clouding another person or at all?