Outside Greenbriar...

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Adriana

Post by Adriana »

For some reason, the bloodshot stare of the man disturbed Adriana. Not one to normally balk at a person's appearance, it made her wonder what she found so suspiciously disturbing about this man. Shifting her weight in a faintly nervous manner, Adriana let her gaze flick over the brutish looking man. As he slowly advanced, Adriana felt herself tense. She almost seemed like a timid deer, prepared to take off the moment trouble arose. During her very brief examination of the strange man, Adriana caught a familiar sight. It was the very discreet though still visible hint of a dagger resting within the leggings. With a momentary smirk, Adriana found herself wondering if this man was a thief she never had the so-called opportunity of meeting during her own days in that sort of life.

As the man spoke, Adriana noticed the elf wander closer, a hand reaching for hers. The little tantrum between them had not been forgotten, despite this new arrival and for a moment, Adriana hesitated. But, as the strange man turned his hatchet toward her and let his gaze trail over her, Adriana felt a startled rush run through her. This caused her to react to Haniel's reaching grasp, taking it quickly. As the man turned his unwavering stare to her, Adriana felt the stubbornness return, eyes narrowing slightly as she let his gaze meet hers, just as unwavering but certainly not holding the intimidating gleam of the man's. It would be useless for now to let the man have his satisfaction in seeing just how much he disturbed Adriana. She had learned how to play those false emotions and for now, her little facade would hold.

However, she quickly found her tolerance of the man's stare wearing thin. At Haniel's words, Adriana quickly turned with a nod, her blank expression faltering just lightly as she did so. Barely audible, she mumbles a farewell to Kamilar and Mark, tossing a very short, wary glance to the other man. With nothing more to say and a growing urge to escape the man's bloodshot stare, Adriana stepped forward, letting Haniel lead the way.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

((sorry for the delay, was away with fam))

Mark puts down his things, grabs his hatchet and kicks at the bundle of long sticks and small logs he has bundled, indicating clearly that he was lumberjacking.

"Been lumberjacking Rankor. Long time no see, you musn't have been in Gobiath all this time? Where have you been? What have you been doing?"

Mark talks calmly now, not liking that the two defensless ones left on their own, Mark decides he will entertain Rankor and let them get more than enough distance to be safe. Mark's ancient history with the man is clouded, he knows the many who Rankor had stolen from, not fearing use of his blade. He thinks it was during the time of the rise of the Temple of Bjolmur that he was chased by Rankor and his goons through journeybooks into the varshikar desert where he narrowly eluded them. He remembers striking Rankor down days after once he had found him alone. Mark most certainly remembers seeing him as an undead, and finally seeing him in human form some time later saying he had turned a new leaf. Well Mark would have to see it to believe it.

Still holding the journeybook in one hand, the hatchet in the other, Mark turns to Kamilar and mouths the words 'don't worry, you're safe with me'.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Kamilar nods politely at Haniel and Laine. "I wish you safe travel. And enjoy the day." Though she speaks to the departing pair, she keeps her attention fixed on the menacing woodsman until Mark kicks at his bundle.

Noting Mark's posture and his silent message, she gives him a slight, almost imperceptible nod and takes a small step nearer. Her thumb hangs casually through the loop of her belt but if anyone took a close look, a glint of metal might be visible.

Standing alongside Mark and slightly behind him, she maintains her apparently relaxed stance twisting a finger through a curl as she watches the woodsman, keeping her face expressionless. She can't help noticing the sharp contrast between the quiet woodland noises and the tension growing in the clearing.
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

Rankor snorted at the leaving of Haniel and Lianna, "What a pity... That some people are still scared. Of course such people are not worth bothering with." He smirked... His gaze lingering on Lianna for a few more moments before looking at Mark just to catch his gaze a Kamilar, and mouthless words.

Rankor dropped his the large leather bag onto the floor, carrying thick long sticks of wood cut from the logs.

"Aye, I agree, havn't been seeing YOU for a long time... I havn't been doing much, just getting a few odd jobs, here and there, eh? " Rankor chuckled, "What about you Mark? I havn't heard that much from ye either, how's yer little club of make-believe knights going?"

Having no interest in Mark answering the question, he said quickly afterwards, "I must be going now, I have a meeting to catch, somewhere around Varshikar." Rankor smiled untruthfully and went in Haniel's direction, him already being a good distance away.