4 years...

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

leumas

4 years...

Post by leumas »

its hard to believe 4 years ago i played this game. I saw no problems with it at all back then. a lot of stuff has happened to me personally and i didnt play for a long time, i tried once a year ago but i couldn't devote the time that i needed to it. and now i come back im finally able to play and give the time i need to to playing and RPing seriously.

Please don't take this the wrong way but...what on earth happened?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

what happend..well craft system changed, map changed, magic system changed, there is no more druidsystem.. yeah pretty much is different now..
Damien

Post by Damien »

Forget the magic system at the moment - mages have to powergame like forever to be able to cast spells with recognizeable effect - but the crafting system now rocks.
Last edited by Damien on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leumas

Post by leumas »

that sucks i loved the druid system. forever ago i used to have an elf named "Jersey" yes this back when naming rules were as followed

1.no bad words for names
2.nobody famous people names
3. follow 1 and 2

lol

but yeah all i ever did was make potions on find herbs, that was my thing man i loved it...why did they get rid of it?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

you still can find herbs..but well you can't use them..except for making dye.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Welcome back, I am sure quite a bit has changed, but hopefully a lot will be recognizable also.
Damien

Post by Damien »

1. A new, powerful scripting languague with a lot of possibilities has been built in. Therefor, all the old scripts - druidry, crafting, magic - simply don't work anymore. Everything had to be re-written. Still, more scripters are needed desperately.
2. The old concepts of "everybody can do anything" have been abandoned, the new goal is to have characters somewhat specialized
3. Skills take MUCH longer to learn now.
4. the account/write story system has been abandoned, instead we have a few multiple choice questions about behaviour.
(With this, people without RP understanding can get in if they can behave. A newbie island is planned to auto-teach the game mechanics later, so everything becomes more automated. However, RP is and stays supported in illarion, and we ban people talking leet etc. after a while if they don't learn it.)
leumas

Post by leumas »

i hear there is even talk of paper doll, heh that'd be nice
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

leumas wrote:i hear there is even talk of paper doll, heh that'd be nice
TALK of it, but it's never gonna happen without more graphic designers.

Oh yeah, and there's loads of powergaming on now and there are more powergamers than roleplayers, oh yeah, except when they decide to cyber.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Paper dolling is possible with the new client, however, skilled graphic artists are needed to realize this.

Urgh, I just realized how long we had this story writing stuff in the account creation process. I was lucky that I joined before that system ;-)

Hmm, compared to 2003, what has changed...
  • No more Lyrenzia Foundation
  • The drought has ended finally
  • Northerot is now Varshikar, struggling to build up the town
  • Greenbriar was taken over by elves and humans, taking refuge from the chaos in Troll's Bane
  • Silverbrand was reconstructed the 25th time and lies now far to the north-east of Troll's Bane
  • Troll's Bane was reconstructed the 2nd time
  • The size of the island was expanded by a factor of 9
  • Eldan monastery and druid house lie in ruins
  • Long monastery is no more
  • The ruins of Irundar were discovered
  • Politics became less important, people tend to diversify instead of uniting
Ah, the correct answer is of course: foig! (Find out ingame).

Also, the staff has changed alot. From the old crew, martin, Alatar, Arien Edhel, Keikan Hiru and "Latharan Caine" are still active.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Estralis Seborian wrote:
  • Eldan monastery and druid house lie in ruins
The druid house is no ruin. Only the monastery is.

Nitram
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

Politics became less important, people tend to diversify instead of uniting
That was never really different. Just when everyone was under pressure of the drought people had to unite.. or die. ^^
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Yeah, but that guy asked what changed since summer 2003. That was the time of the drought ;-) This game could really use a new common enemy...
leumas

Post by leumas »

im surprised something like that hasn't came about. like a war, or an actual threat that is personified.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

of Course the List is not complete.

Within the change of Northeort to Varshikar we had a war between the liga of members of Lyrenzia and Darlok (tyrann of Northeort) and a civil war in Northerot when Darlok was dead.

Furthermore:

Lyrenzia was going down and a new goverment came up to rule Trolls Bane for ~1 year: the Triumvirate (Town Guard, Grey Rose, elected member of the citizens).

Civil war in Silverbrand when Tialdin became inactive too much and different groups tried to overtake the throne.

Struggles with orc clan (Gabons big coup to strike the king of Silverbrand within a duell to protect the clan against an army of ~40 player chars)

Big and chaotic war against undead lichs (biggest and most terrible war in history of Illarion)

Stephen Rothmans goverment to rule Trolls Bane after the last organisation of the old Triumvirat was going down: Grey Rose left the Town months before and the last chief of the Town Guard did a big mistake: She married Stephen Rothman, who overtook all powers only few weeks later.

The long way to fight all of the Rothman Clan :P

Hell Briar...
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Lennier wrote:of Course the List is not complete.

Within the change of Northeort to Varshikar we had a war between the liga of members of Lyrenzia and Darlok (tyrann of Northeort) and a civil war in Northerot when Darlok was dead.

Furthermore:

Lyrenzia was going down and a new goverment came up to rule Trolls Bane for ~1 year: the Triumvirate (Town Guard, Grey Rose, elected member of the citizens).

Big and chaotic war against undead lichs (biggest and most terrible war in history of Illarion)

Civil war in Silverbrand when Tialdin became inactive too much and different groups tried to overtake the throne.

Stephen Rothmans goverment to rule Trolls Bane after the last organisation of the old Triumvirat was going down: Grey Rose left the Town months before and the last chief of the Town Guard did a big mistake: She married Stephen Rothman, who overtook all powers only few weeks later.

The long way to fight all of the Rothman Clan :P

Hell Briar...
And William Elderberry started a big rebellion with County Briar to defeat Rothman and lock him in Grey Rose, and they did until Grant freed him. Damned Grant...
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

Not to forget about upcoming conflicts:

The collapse of the Mountains above Silberbrand, the following roaming of dwarves over Gobiath. Subsquently, the civil war in Troll's Bane and the final erasement of the Refuge of the Grey Rose due to civil war.

A lot is going to happen... ;-)
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

She forgot one thing?

If I may correct your mistake?

...and a new Rothman will be the King of all Gobiath and all lands. The sun will always settle on all the estates within his control..

Looks good. Please tell me if I made a mistake. :P
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Erm...I think you wrote in the wrong thread. This is not the illarion jokes thread. :P
Llama

Post by Llama »

abcfantasy wrote:Erm...I think you wrote in the wrong thread. This is not the illarion jokes thread. :P
Owned... big time
Senrin der Ältere

Post by Senrin der Ältere »

You forgot the small "war" between Silverbrand and the Bloodskulls..
Algoran

Post by Algoran »

Main difference is that you used to just have fun. Now you have to study Gobiath history and be able to recite it on demand, else the RP police will getcha!

:lol: :cry: Not quite sure which.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Remember the war between Troll's Bane and Silverbrand over the tavern? xD

I remember being there because Damien was summoning bananas everywhere :P .
OMGROFL

Post by OMGROFL »

Senrin der Ältere wrote:You forgot the small "war" between Silverbrand and the Bloodskulls..
OMGROFL!

I DO! ME ME ME!
Remember the war between Troll's Bane and Silverbrand over the tavern? xD
Is this a separate affliction?