Outside Greenbriar...

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Haniel Raynn

Outside Greenbriar...

Post by Haniel Raynn »

(( Open RP. ^_^ ))

Haniel found himself underneath a canopy of overgrown saplings and brush. Sunlight fell upon his bare chest, creating a pattern of small splotches of light against his spectral elven skin. His cognac hair blew idly in the summer breeze as he looked to his belongings strewn about on the forest floor. There lay his large-brimmed hat and shirt, along with his worn leather gloves. He then furrowed his brow and tightened his grip about his wooden staff as he lowered into an offensive stance.

Calm yourself Han... concentrate...

He lept forward, staff in hand and swung his staff with great force at a nearby sapling. Snapping it in half he continued to 'trim' all the nearby saplings in several devastating combinations with his battle staff. He then fell back to his knees after breaking the last small tree. He now breathed quite heavily as his gaze followed his 'path of destruction'. He created a small radius about himself, leaving only broken branches and flattened grass under his feet. He sighed softly and sat down fully, looking up at the larger trees above him. A faint smile formed on his lips as he watched emerald leaves as large as a man's hand sway in the light breeze.
Last edited by Haniel Raynn on Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adriana

Post by Adriana »

The sun felt hot against her bare shoulders. The winter months had finally left, the cold going with it. Now, as she wandered past the familiar hedge fence, Adriana could feel a welcome heat from the strong midday sun. It could have almost been uncomfortable in the stuffy air if it wasn't for the fact that Adri had always loved the hot months. With a quiet sigh, she stepped lightly over the bridge, pale brown eyes flicking over the woods before her.

He had said that he would be off... somewhere to work on something. Adriana really hadn't bothered to ask that elf what he was working on, but as her own work grew redundant, her curiosity sparked. Quietly, she stepped into the forest as her restless gaze flicked over the surroundings. Her feet, which were bare for now simply because she wanted to be so, made very little sound in the short spring grass. Actually, the only sound she made was the occasional snapping twig as they pulled at the thin, pale blue dress she wore. Adri paid no attention to it, really.

The only thing she paid attention to was the sounds around her. She could hear the occasional bird and the rustle of animals. She could also hear what sounded like... whacking? There was no other way to explain it. Curious as ever, the young woman stopped and looked toward what appeared to be a small thicket. Slowly, a gentle smile found itself on her lips as she saw what, or moreso who was making that noise. But, one thing she couldn't help asking herself was, what in all the Gods names above was that elf doing? With a short, amused laugh along the lines of a giggle, the young woman wandered over. Stopping beneath the shadow of a large naldor, she places her hands against the rough bark and leans against the tree's trunk, watching Haniel with a steady gaze.

As he went about his training, or whatever it was he thought he was doing, the young woman couldn't help but laugh occasionally. Aye, he was working hard, but for some reason she found it all a little amusing. As he came to a stop and sat down, Adriana pushed away from her little spot against the tree. Looking around as she steps out into the light, she shakes her head before speaking lightly.

"Did the saplings do something to anger you, love? Whatever they did, you did a well enough job of pay-back."

With a soft laugh, she lets her gaze turn to him as she moves to sit before him, a hand moving to smooth the folds of the light, simple dress that kept her shoulders for the most part, bare. Tilting her head in that curious manner, she raises a brow slowly.

"Mind explaining to me what you were doing, whacking away at the little trees like that? Training... I assume?"
Haniel Raynn

Post by Haniel Raynn »

“No, love. I just fancy myself as quite the gardener.”

Haniel spoke lightly after hearing the familiar woman approach and comment about his antics. The elf lowered his head slowly and rested his gaze on her, his breath becoming less irregular every second.

“Sometimes I get so involved with my work that clothes fly off in random directions and I begin to sweat profusely. But that’s just sometimes.”

With a soft chuckle, he ran his pale fingers through his dampened hair. Haniel then pulled a small cloth from his belongings and wiped the sweat from his face. The air had become increasingly suffocating the later the day grew, he was quite glad that she had came to find him.

I could use the break… And I certainly don’t mind to see her in that dress… by the gods…

Haniel’s eyes flash over the small woman’s shoulders before returning to her eyes with a soft smile. He let the cloth indolently fall into his lap before speaking in hushed elven, his voice tender and sincere.

“Good to see you, Adri. And yes, I was training against some unruly thickets and things of the like.”
Last edited by Haniel Raynn on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adriana

Post by Adriana »

Adriana's soft, quiet chuckles turned into a more bubbly, amused laugh at his first comment. Slowly rocking back to sit with her legs tucked beneath her, much in the manner of a small child, the young woman let one palm rest flat against the forest ground to support herself. Looking to Haniel, she let her head tilt further as her amused gaze remained on his. A broadening smile found itself to her lips as she made a brief pondering face before speaking.

"Quite the gardener, hm? And here I thought a gardener's goal was to grow things, not knock them down as best they can. Quite confusing, only a farmer or gardener would understand, I suppose."

The light, giggling laugh was heard as she reached up with her free hand to tuck a loose strand of simple brown hair back behind one ear. At his next comment, her broad smile turns slyly crooked as her own gaze trails across his bare chest, the laugh turning quiet as her chin tilts up. Attention soon returning to his own gaze, she purses her lips before leaning up again, dusting her hands together.

”The sweating, I could do without. But if clothes fly off in random directions, I certainly may want you to get... Oh... more involved with your work more often.”

With a vague smirk, the young woman gives him a quick wink before letting her legs unfold from beneath her, head leaning back ever so slowly to look at the skies above through sprawling tree branches. Her stare remained upward until he heard his soft elven, her lopsided grin softening noticeably as she lowers her gaze back to him. Letting the grin disappear gradually, the young woman absentmindedly bites her bottom lip as he speaks, stopping only to let the tender smile return.

”You act as if you haven’t seen me in days when you only walked off a couple of hours ago. But yes, good to see you as well, dear Haniel. Though I doubt the plants are quite as happy.”

Her gentle appearance did not seem to last for long, the smile again turning into that familiar crookedness as she rocks forward to her knees suddenly. With a curious look on her face, she grabs the long staff he had set aside, one small hand reaching for his hat as well, which she so haphazardly sets upon her head. Standing and brushing herself off briefly, Adriana walked away a few paces, carrying the clearly far too long staff before raising it and absently twirling it as best to her abilities. Sadly, the abilities were few as she jars herself, the end of the staff abruptly stopping her attempted spin. With a grimace, along with a contradicting laugh, Adriana turns to Haniel before raising the staff horizontally to her waist, looking to each end.

”So… What exactly can a piece of wood do aside from beat more fragile pieces of wood to the ground?

After asking the question, the young woman looks quickly back to the elf, a brow once again arched in that never-ending curiosity of hers.
Haniel Raynn

Post by Haniel Raynn »

Haniel raised his head to follow her movements about the clearing as he chuckled quietly. Watching her twirl his heavy staff of reddened cherry wood about was rather amusing. Upon hearing her colored comment, he pushed himself up off the ground with a faint mumble and wiped his hands on the sides of his blackened trousers. He then rolled his shoulders back a couple times and let his gaze fall to the ground for a moment.

My my… she does like to give me a rather… hard time… oh well…

“That staff, my dear, is usually used to support an old man in a long journey as a walking stick. I happened to take a liking to it, however, so I began to teach myself how to use it as a weapon. Never tried it against anyone with a blade though…”

He folded his arms leisurely about his thin frame and tilted his head before speaking again, his boot digging into the soft soil below him.

“I’m sorry… but I must say… You do look simply ravishing in that dress… as divine as the gods themselves… but… uh… don’t tell a priest I said that.”

Haniel broke out in a quick burst of laughter as he finished his sentence. His eyes fell to her shoulders again and a quant, familiar smile fell upon his lips.

Hours or days… it's always good to see her…
Adriana

Post by Adriana »

Adriana smiles crookedly as she continues looking at the rough staff, again attempting to spin it only to have the end again jar into the ground. With another lopsided grimace, she simply gives up and sets the staff into the ground, leaning against it as she looks to him. At his response, the young woman laughs openly. For a long moment, she remains as she is, one arm looped idly around the long staff before she straightens, taking the overly large piece of wood and absently swinging it about.

"To support an old man in a long journey. Do you think yourself an old man and the walk to Bane and back a journey? Otherwise, I'm not sure I see what compelled you to get a stick to begin with. And I'd be a bit afraid to match a piece of wood to a long, sharp metal blade."

Her voice was light and playful as she watches the end of the staff for a brief moment. At his next comment, followed by that short laugh, Adriana slowly turns her gaze to him, her joyful smile broadening. With light steps, the young woman moves closer, careful of the staff as she does a quick, dancing turn before moving to face him, staff resting on the ground again. As she sets her free hand on her hip, Adriana narrows one eye suspiciously before shaking her head.

"Ravishing, hm? Why thank you, my lovely Haniel. I made it myself, even."

At his last, she rolls her eyes mockingly before grabbing the staff with both hands, pointing it toward him before giving another short laugh.

"And don't worry, I won't tell a priest. I wouldn't want you blamed for blasphemy or heresy. Instead, I shall tell a medico, for either your head or your eyes need to be checked, dear. I pale in comparison to many within this land, much less to any goddess."

With another short, playful smile, Adriana steps up to let the staff drop to the ground near him, lightly moving around the elf before stopping directly behind him. Reaching up, she removes the hat from her head and reaches up to set it on his own before letting her hands go to his shoulders. The smile remains very apparent as she lets them trail down his back before quietly stepping around to face him.

"Whether you think you're an old man or not, or whether you're crazed enough to think I look like a goddess, I love you. But honestly.. You'll have to show me what a piece of wood can really do one of these days, alright? Now, instead of standing here and burning under the sun, swinging about a chunk of wood, what did you have in mind?"

For some reason, the young woman seemed a bit more bubbly and even hyper than her usual self, bare feet light as she moved about him, only coming to a stop to let her hands rest against his bare chest, fingers drumming against him briefly as her smile softens, restless gaze flicking over his face before finding his stare.
Haniel Raynn

Post by Haniel Raynn »

Haniel sighed softly as she posed her question, his faltering smile visible underneath the large brim of his hat. The soft rhythm of her fingers against his chest brings him to a quiet chuckle, but it almost sounds forced.

I had ‘planned’ to train, love… and I’m no old man…

The elf’s gaze turns oddly colder and he breathes deeply before replying in elvish, his natural tongue obviously used with great emotion.

“Adri… I don’t see myself as an old man. I carry that staff because I see it as an effective weapon, and thank you for the vote of confidence against an armed foe by the way. Nor do I believe I am crazed either… merely noting your beauty.”

He chuckles dryly before speaking again, his voice turning slightly sharp.

“Now. I ‘planned’ to train. Not burn under the sun and swing a chunk of wood as you so elegantly put it. I’d appreciate it if you wouldn’t belittle me in this endeavor.”

Haniel’s face grew slightly concerned as he finished speaking, obviously worried about her reaction to his stubborness.

Damn it… She’s too pretty to get mad at…
Adriana

Post by Adriana »

To tell the truth, Adriana was a bit taken aback by his reaction. As she hears that awkard chuckle, followed by the change in his gaze, the young woman slowly leans back, chin dropping though her gaze remains on his face. Her hands fall from his chest as she hears his voice, the smile fading gradually. Instead, the woman purses her lips as the hyperactive amusement seems to diminish instantly. Glancing briefly to her right, Adriana hesitates before shaking her head.

"I didn't know you were so serious over learning to fight with a staff.. Sorry."

Her own tone sounded suddenly a bit on edge, offset by his voice. Raising a hand to scratch her cheek idly, Adriana looks back to the elf, though her gaze never fully meets his own. Disheartened from her bubbly attitude, the young woman only shrugs her small shoulders.

"I was.. Only jesting with you, Haniel. I didn't mean to belittle you in anything. I'll be sure to watch my tongue the next time I'm in a slightly good mood."

Sarcasm became apparent in her voice at the last of that sentence, Adriana rolls her eyes with a sigh before turning and idly walking back to the naldor she had been beneath earlier. Turning back to face him and sitting down heavily, she draws her knees up and straightens the dress, waving a hand in an almost arrogant manner.

"I'll belittle you no more in your endeavor. Go on and train. I'll be nice to stick around and encourage you so you don't feel unconfident or belittled.

At that, the young woman falls silent, leaning back and watching him with a strange, steady gaze, the smile and joy of earlier now nonexistent.
Last edited by Adriana on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

At this time a rather large man strolls by in good humor carrying a hatchet, whistling lightly a foreign tune as he walks. Surprised; he smiles at the interesting scene. Slightly concerned he might be interrupting something, his interest in the area beckons him to speak up.

"Ah Greetings you two. How are you?"

After awaiting their response he goes on to mention:

"If you two are busy just let me know and its no trouble to chop some branches myself.. but seeing this clearing here, I'm wondering if you are using all this small lumber? I've been asked to make this eager tailor named George some buckets. These would be just right for handles, and save me some time."

Mark a little shyly rubs his thin beard that covers most of his face and awaits their reply.
Haniel Raynn

Post by Haniel Raynn »

Haniel sighed softly as Adriana pulled away, her reaction not surprising Haniel in the slightest. He shook his head, his face becoming colored with shades of red and frustration. He had not wanted to upset her so much but she sounded deeply offended at his quick words.

Just calm down… She’s only reacting like this because you were an ass…

He turns to his pile of clothes on the ground and moves to pick up his shirt when his eyes catch her sitting down next to the naldor tree. He turns to face her fully as he buttons his shirt, taking care to fix the collar as he finishes putting it on his shoulders. The sunlight falls between the two as if forming a small barrier between them, intensified by the heat of the day. Haniel almost curses loudly after she finishes speaking, but brings a hand up to rub the temples of his forehead instead.

Why is she being so harsh? Gah…

A moment of heavy silence falls between the two, the sound of the birds’ chirping having all but stopped as well. Haniel childishly looks to the ground directly in front of him, refusing to look up at the woman. The elf clears his throat quietly before stammering in elvish.

“Ad… Adri… I’m - ”

His words seem to fall off a cliff as he watches the man walk up behind Adriana. Haniel’s face contorts into an obvious frown as he sees who it is.

By the gods… Mark… It just had to be him…

He shifts his weight subconsciously and brings his arms about his chest, creating a closed atmosphere about him. He then attempts to smile at the man and answer his question, his eyes constantly flashing to the woman next to the tree.

“We… uh… I’m fine enough, Mark… And yes, you can have any branches you wish, I was not intending to use them.”

I swear… if he looks at her the wrong way…
Adriana

Post by Adriana »

What exactly had she done to annoy him so much? Had she known Haniel had been so frustrated over her little visit, Adriana would have simply kept herself busy in town. By all the Gods above, she had only come to check up on him, nothing more. But apparently, that had been a big mistake. With a vague shake of her head, the young woman kept her arms tightly wrapped about her knees, gaze shifting to her left for a long time. She knew she was acting childish, overdramatic to say the least. But something about his annoyance at her arrival bothered her. The woman had only gotten used to be welcomed without a second thought, it seemed, she didn't expect him to be bothered by it. However, it seemed she had been wrong this time around. With a heavy sigh, Adriana turns her steady, faintly bitter gaze back to the elf as he moved about, gathering his things.

Her stare remained steady as he moved about, not noticing the sound of footsteps slowly making their way behind her. She herself remained strictly quiet, irritation clear on her face as she leaned against the naldor tree. Why she was being so cold and sarcastic, Adriana didn't know. He really hadn't been that mean, but something about the look he had given her and what he said had pushed Adriana the wrong way. She had gotten so used to him being kind and, to say the least, tolerant of her attitudes at time. Had it simply offset her when he had finally had enough?

At his stuttering voice and lowered gaze, the young woman sighs, about to speak when both of them are cut short. At Haniel's sudden stop and at that familiar voice behind her, the young woman furrows her brows and then looks slowly over her shoulder to the large man approaching. Surprised to see Mark walking up, the woman remains quiet for the most part, listening to Mark and Haniel converse without interrupting.

Then, as she turns slightly to see Mark better, Adriana lets a faint, crooked smile appear as she raises a hand from her bent knees in greetings. She wouldn't bother for now asking what he was doing about. Gathering wood was the obvious answer. Once the elf finishes replying, Adriana takes her turn, speaking in a very light voice.

"I'm doing wonderfully, Mark. And you.. Busy as ever, I see. You never do take a leisure break, do you, my friend? Anyway, aside from working, how are you doing? I haven't seen you about much lately."

The sharpness of her voice had all but vanished, replaced with her usual, lightly casual tone as she keeps her gaze on the man that had just walked up. The way she was turned, she did not notice the constant shifting of the elf's gaze, which would have only made her nervous if she had.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Mark smiles politely but wonders why Haniel always seams a little on edge with him. He gives his thanks, takes off his cloak and starts to pack the lumber into it. He slows to a more regular pace when Adriana (or Laine, as Mark knows her) greets him more warmly.
Thats what sleep is for I suppose. I have moved from Greenbriar to Trollsbane, though I still have many supplies in the depot here.. I'm doing well though, been running into some old familiar faces in Trollsbane, so thats been alright.

He turns his attention between the two as he talks and goes on to ask Haniel about his staff.
Are you training in combat Haniel?
Haniel Raynn

Post by Haniel Raynn »

Haniel raises a heavy brow as Adriana’s tone takes on a light, and in his narrow mind, an almost flirty tone with Mark. The elf continues to feign a light smile as the two casually chat, his eyes often focused on the back of the woman’s head. He takes a hand up and idly adjusts the leather hat on his head, his bangs falling into his face as he does. Upon hearing that Mark had moved to Troll’s Bane, Haniel sighed quietly, obviously relieved.

Maybe I was being too hard on Mark… He never did anything to me… I just thought him and Adri… I don’t know…

He watches Mark go about picking up the wood and bends down to grab his staff from the ground, swinging it in a full circle before placing it at his side. When Mark poses his question to Haniel, the elf replies evenly, his voice much calmer and welcoming than before.

“Aye, well at least I’m chopping small saplings in half. Combat may prove to be a ‘bit’ more strenuous than this simple ‘deforesting’.”

Haniel leans heavily on his staff as he speaks, his body language becoming much more relaxed. However, his eyes keep flashing over to the woman next to the tree. As he finishes speaking to Mark, one thought clouds his mind…

Please don’t be mad at me, love… I’m sorry…
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Kamilar strolls quietly through the woods in no particular hurry, interested mostly in exploring her surroundings. Drawn by a strange rhythmic sound, she wanders closer to the small group in the clearing. Not seeing any familiar faces, she hangs back for a while, nearly invisible in the thicket of trees where she stands.

She watches first the pair, then the tense group from her quiet distance as if deciding whether she should come nearer. Seeing a familiar face, she finally moves from her place of concealment and strides over to the group.

Her expression is passive, almost unreadable, as she approaches, her hand raised in greeting. As she grows closer, her hand lowers to her wild shock of hair, tugging at a stray curl. "Greetings" She bows her head politely at the elf first and then the humans and waits for a reply.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

"Great! Did you know Arameh? He was a master with a battle staff if I've ever felt one." Mark smirks in a way in which it is apparent he had felt it on more than one occasion.

"I imagine you'll do well. Diligence is most important and based on your musical talents I am sure you have more than enough."

Mark finishes packing up his cloak full of lumber and stands up straight for a moment looking again from one to the other, he is sure he has interrupted something.

"Don't hesitate to pay a visit to Trollsbane, and look me up at the smithy. There is a little more new language there, you know? These days, it almost seems they should reverse the titles of the languages."

Mark smiles to himself, takes a breath of the fresh forest air, and awaits their farewell. He then turns with a welcoming smile at the arrival of newcomer, holding the large load against his light, dark-green sweater with ease.
Adriana

Post by Adriana »

To be honest, Adriana was suddenly no longer sure of what she was doing. Surprised at her own light, flirtatious tone as she welcomes Mark, the young woman finds herself only becoming a bit confused. What exactly was she trying to spark between her and the two standing before her in the thicket. She knew well enough that, for some inexplicable reason, Haniel tensed any time Mark came around. Was she trying to make that tension worse? After all, Adriana knew full well that if she tried, she most likely could get some response from Mark. And to tell the truth, the young woman almost felt an urge to return to that flirty, naive girl she had been before, just to see if she could get a reaction out of either. But the cause for this, the sudden want for Haniel to feel jealous made no sense to her. It was simple. She was being evil.

Pursing her lips together, Adriana lets her hands uncross from her knees, leaning back against the naldor as she listens to the two converse, gaze avoiding the elf but for the occasional brief glance. Again, she never noticed his shifting look, tilting her head as she hears Mark mention a name she had heard. Arameh, aye.. She knew him faintly. With an inaudible sigh, she speaks again in that light, welcoming voice.

"Arameh, hm? I know him a bit. Very kind but quiet. Never could get him to talk much."

She was avoiding Haniel. It was strange, and she almost felt half-guilty for being a, for lack of better word, downright bitch. Even if he had gotten a little annoyed, he didn't deserve this. So what, again she asked herself, was she doing?

The woman opens her mouth, intending to mention something about the night Mark found out about the elf's playing skills and her dancing skills when something catches her attention, words forgotten. Glancing up from her little shadow beneath the tree, Adriana's pale gaze flicks over the approaching stranger, blinking slowly. It had been the short greetings that caught her attention. Smile fading vaguely, changing from that crooked smirk to a kind grin, Adriana raises a small hand in return to the other. There seemed to be a glimmer of hesitation in her expression, tossing a brief look to man and elf again before returning her gaze to the newcomer. Eventually, the smile fades completely as she returns the greeting in a kind but indifferent tone.

She felt herself suddenly becoming... Anxious? Mark had been ready to leave, which would have left Adriana and Haniel alone again. But now, someone else and the man's decision to stick around. She had wanted to make things interesting, ignorant of the possibility of instead worsening them. But now, Adriana felt a full wave of hesitant guilt, which made her outgoing manner waver. With a fleeting glance, Adriana looks to Haniel for no more than a few seconds before crossing her arms over her chest, restless eyes flicking over Mark and the stranger.
Haniel Raynn

Post by Haniel Raynn »

The conversation with Mark had actually turned into a rather pleasant chat. Haniel smiled warmly, all feigned emotions gone. Upon hearing Adriana’s eagerness to keep Mark in the clearing, Haniel decided to make things more interesting. He stood up straight after the man complimented his music skills and chuckled softly before replying.

“I appreciate your vote of confidence in my diligence. I really do. And frankly, I’m surprised that you remember my lute playing at all… due to Laine’s… ‘arousing’ show to say the least.”

The elf then looked to the woman for a moment and returned a sly grin, trying dearly to hide his intent. His ears flinch as he hears the soft footsteps of the young elfess stepping into the clearing. Haniel continued to lean on his staff as the small clearing continued to acquire new guests. Haniel tipped his hat deeply and winked in a playful manner to the girl. He made sure to greet the elfess when Adriana’s gaze was locked upon him.

Careful now… You don’t want Adri to break the staff on your head…

His emerald eyes shined bright with mischief as he looked past Mark and focused on the girl. His voice was light as he spoke, trying to imitate the same tone as Adriana had before with Mark.

“Aye, greetings miss. How does this afternoon find you? Better than these saplings I hope…”

Haniel waves a hand lazily over the clearing, even though most of the branches were already taken by Mark. He smiles quaintly to the girl as his eyes flash to her hair and back to her face, waiting for a response.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Kamilar acknowledges the warm greeting from Mark and the strange woman with a rare smile, but feels taken aback by the elf's very friendly, almost flirtatious manner though she manages to conceal her feelings behind a calm exterior.

Speaking softly to the over-friendly elf in a steady tone, she answers in elvish. "This is a lovely afternoon, indeed." Then turning to the humans with another polite nod, she speaks to them in common with a warmer tone, but keeps a cool expression. "Nice day." Then looking more directly at Mark, twisting a finger through a wild ringlet, "It's nice to see you again, sir."

The dappled sunlight filtering through the leaves cast her face into partial shadow as she looks from one to the other in the clearing, waiting for a reaction before saying anything more.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Mark grins acknowledging both Haniel and Adriana in some agreement. As Kamilar draws nearer he recognizes the familiar face and addresses her.

"You can certainly call me Mark, Kamilar. How fare your ambitions? Are you finding Gobiath to your liking? This is Haniel and Laine. Haniel, Laine, Kamilar.

Mark thinks for a moment about the oddly frantic tailor waiting for the cloth and buckets in Trollsbane, but quickly decides he can wait.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Kamilar steps out of the partial shade into the full sun of the clearing, her hair shining bright white in the sunlight. She rests a nimble finger on the pack Mark is holding as if trying to get him to set it back down.

She looks at the other faces from where she stands near Mark. "It's nice to meet you both." Running a hand through a tangled curl she looks more particularly at the elf. "Did you say something about playing some music?"

She breathes in the fragrant, woodsy air and looks to the woman, wondering what kind of "show" Laine might have presented. "Surely you would like to hear him play?" Her hand continues to rest softly on the pack of wood Mark is holding.
Adriana

Post by Adriana »

For the most part, Adriana had decided to hold her tongue for now. She really didn't feel like accidentally getting herself into any more trouble. Haniel had already gotten annoyed with her once, the woman really did not feel like making things worse. So, as the three others conversed briefly, Adriana lingered back in the shade of the old naldor. Her gaze shifted almost restlessly between the three, examining the woman, looking to Mark and occasionally letting her attention flick to Haniel. It wasn't until the elven man spoke that her attention stuck on him. Arousing show... He was mentioning her little dance so long ago? What in all the Gods names above was that elf trying to do all of a sudden. Brows furrowing, Adriana wraps her arms about her more tightly, giving the elf an unreadable look as he smiled ever so slyly.

Her nerves sparked even worse when Haniel took notice of the young elfess. It wasn't so much his greeting her with the usual tip of the hat that annoyed Adriana. Moreso, it was the playful wink the elfess recieved shortly after. Gritting her teeth and rolling her eyes, Adriana then decided to stand up and make herself a bit more noticeable. The bastard was going to turn the tables? Fine.

If he wants to play this game, then so be it.

A thin smile found itself on the young woman's lips as Haniel addresses the elfess, who in turn replies in elven. Lovely afternoon.. It had been to begin with, but no longer.Rising slowly from her seat on the ground, Adriana moved into the sunlight with light steps, avoiding Haniel's gaze for now. Instead, her eyes flick over the man introducing the elfess as Kamilar, smile softening vaguely before she turns to the elfess, extending a hand before speaking cooly in the elven dialect.

"A pleasure to meet you, Kamilar."

Keeping her hand extended just long enough to accept a brief shake, Adriana then looks back to Mark. It was a brief look, but a look nonetheless before her attention was drawn back to the elfess as she asked about music. Arms finding a resting place across her stomach, Adriana returns Kamilar's look with a shrug.

"If it is me you ask, I have heard him plenty of times. I've danced to it as well. If you want a... demonstration, I won't mind."

At this, Adriana smirks lightly, tossing another playful glance to Mark before returning to Kamilar, tilting her head in a way similar to a shrug.

"However, my dances tend to be more.. desirable to men, if you follow my meaning. Ask Mark here, he knows how I dance. He knows quite well, in fact."

The tone of her voice as she spoke sounded suggestive in the least. It was as if she implied more than innocent speaking of dance. As she falls silent, the young woman casts a short, deviously deceitful look to Haniel as her smirk turns as mischevious as his voice sounded earlier. If he wanted to mess about like this, she'd show him precisely how the expert does it.

She just simply hoped she, or they both wouldn't regret it later.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

At this the gears in Mark`s head began to turn. He didn`t want to get involved in that again. He certainly enjoyed watching Laine dance to Haniel`s exceptional music, but he preferred to be left out of the mix. For one reason or another Mark had a deep love for music, and the sexual aspect of the combo distracted him from the essence of it. He became confused, having thought they were partners at first and, more recently thinking they had evolved into lovers; the extent of their relationship eluded him now again. Looking with light surprise to Kalimdar and her hand on his pack, he tries to think of someway of avoiding a performance without offending anyone.

"As much as I look forward to the next time I`ll hear you play Haniel, I really think I should get back to Trollsbane. George is waiting patiently for white cloth and buckets. Also I'm running low on leather for smithing, and should have to head to the pig pen and do some work there."

After saying this he gives a friendly smile to Kamilar, hoping she might like to join him. As contradicted as it was for him to take a girl to a pig pen, there was an attraction he had in some greater female warriors that made him push the thought aside if they had such ambitions.

"There was a time it was easy to find people who sold the stuff."

A smile comes across his face as he has an idea he quite likes.

"I'd be happy to pay for some music to make the work a little more enjoyable"
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

The sound of fierece and steady but quick chopping is heard of the far outskirts of Greenbriar

Rankor maintained his heaving chopping, three butchered apple trees already lay in his wake. His muscles flexing, vains popping out of his arms at every swing, he heaved, once, twice, thrice and a fourth. He stopped, out of breath he stared up at the tree with his bloodshot eyes, where dark bags lie under them. "Bloody... Tree." He scratched his stubble of a beard and continued chopping, he was merely wearing rags of a plain leather jerkin, many cuts and holes can be visible, showing his bare skin through it.

A heaving crash

"HAH! Bloody tree!" He continues to his fourth tree, when he finally notices a group not too far off, one of them including a man he remembered to be a so-called "knight" Rankor stared at Mark, then smirked and shouted out, "Hey Markous! How's Arameh treating you!" He said in a taunting voice, as if there past leader had treated them like dirt, also knowing full well that Arameh had left for one reason or the other quite some time ago. "You still one of those... What'd'ya call 'em, pages or something?" He continued in his taunting voice once more.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Kamilar shakes Laine's hand when it is offered and if she is surprised to hear the woman speak elvish, she does not let it show. She pairs the handshake with her more customary bow of the head, noticing that the woman is no longer looking her way. Her expression remains polite, yet passive as the woman begins to take on a seductive tone and she does not reveal her discomfort. She senses something of a challenge in the woman's words and in the tone of her voice and looks for a way to steer the conversation away from what now seems like treacherous territory.

Kamilar breathes a soft, almost inaudible sigh when Mark speaks of going elsewhere and offers his inviting smile to her. She would be able to avoid an ugly confrontation after all.

Dropping her hand away from Mark, she adjusts her own bag on her shoulder and looks to the pair wondering if they will come along when her thoughts are disturbed by shouting. She squints in the sunlight, trying to see the man further off in the forest then casts a quick sidelong glance at Mark to see his reaction to the man's taunting.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Mark looks almost confounded when he realizes who it is shouting. He furrows his brow and after thinking a moment shrugs it off and lets the group know its not worth their time. He then reconsiders, being reminded exactly
why he felt Rankor was not worth his time.

He speaks softly to the group so Rankor cannot hear,
That man has been an outlaw and worse as long as I have ever known him. He may put on a smile, but I assure you he is very dangerous, and an able fighter. Nothing I can't handle mind you, but I really do think it would be best just to avoid any trouble.

He returns to his regular voice, puts down his load and takes a journey book out of his backpack.
So what do you all say?
Haniel Raynn

Post by Haniel Raynn »

Haniel chuckled sheepishly and shook his head as he was offered payment to entertain Mark while the man worked. The elf only mentioned his playing again to highlight Adriana’s ‘show’, but apparently that had been in vain.

This… ‘game’ could go on for hours… and with her undoubtedly winning… I best call it quits… and try to make us ‘right’ again…

His eyes followed Mark’s charming smile that he gave to the young elfess. Haniel’s lips curl into a light smile as he continues to nod absently at the man’s words, obviously just humoring him. While Haniel readied himself to reply to Mark’s final words, he winces having heard a large crash not to distant from the small group.

“What in the…”

As the elf moves about the clearing to find the source of the commotion, he hears the loud ranting of a man carrying a large hatchet. The man has a firmly placed smirk on his face as he yells in Mark’s direction. Haniel’s gaze wanders over the new man, his smile faltering slightly as he inspects him.

Great… a lumberjack with bulging muscles wearing a skimpy leather two piece… I have to get us out of here… or something… anything

When Mark speaks up, telling the group about this ‘dangerous lumberjack’, Haniel laughs quietly, albeit nervously. Haniel raises a brow when the travel book is presented to the group. The opportunity to split away from crowd had presented itself. Haniel slowly moves to the ground and picks up his worn leather pack. With a soft sigh he throws it around his shoulder and looks to the woman with a sincere look of concern. He moves to speak in hushed elvish directed to Adriana, all teasing gone from his voice.

“I say no to the travel book… but… How about we go… work this out, love? Please?"
Adriana

Post by Adriana »

Quit it, Adriana. What in all the Gods names above are you trying to do, ruin things between you and Haniel?! Foolish... Very foolish, and all over absolutely nothing. You're acting like the thief you once were, you're acting like Laine. Enough!

Even as Adriana let her voice soften into that playfully flirtatious tone at the mention of the dance she had given Mark, these contradicting thoughts clouded her mind. She was toying with him, letting her attention linger over Mark as she once more rests her arms about her stomach. Sabotage was all that rang clear to her and yet she did nothing about it? She was mad. Very mad.

For some reason, she was thankful at Mark's quick response to kindly refuse her smooth offer. Had he taken the offer willingly, Adriana would not have disappointed. But, that would add to her already budding list of past regrets, for she doubted that elf over there would be too damn happy with her once again exploiting herself as she had when she was a petty thief. It was a relief, though the young woman gave the man a vaguely disappointed look, followed by a light, odd laugh. Adriana was about to reply on his refusal, followed by an offer to come along, when a sudden crash met her ears. Not expecting it, the woman visibly flinches, paling in the face for what seemed a mere split second. Surprise was evident in her pale gaze though the expression fades the moment she can hide it.

At the sound of that bellowing voice, the young woman sends a fleeting glance to all three standing about her before turning slightly to look to the approaching person. The word that came to mind as her gaze flicks over this newcomer was simple. Brute.. He looked brutish in her opinion, and the scuffed and torn leather jerkin did little to help that portrayal. As Adriana catches the quiet murmur from Mark, she instinctively takes a vague step back, placing herself behind and slightly to the side of the man. Her face showed no look of wariness or fear, in fact it was perfectly blank for now. But something about the look of the man and the taunting echo of his voice made him a bit unwelcoming.

As the man slowly presents the travel book, the woman casts another brief look to him and Kamilar, half tempted to go just to get away from the thicket and that brutish man. But pig pen meant Trolls Bane. With a grimace, she does not reply. It wasn't until Haniel approached her that Adriana looked away from the other two. Raising a brow faintly, expression otherwise blank, she really didn't know what to expect as he spoke to her. But at his quiet question, Adriana just sighs, giving him a flat look before nodding shortly. Eyes flicking back to Mark, Kamilar and briefly to the other man, she raises a hand before speaking in a quick voice.

"You two have fun... I think we'll go... Elsewhere. Farewell for now."

She left it at that, saying no more. Turning, the young woman looks to the elf she had ignored for the most part, simply waiting for him to go wherever he had in mind.
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

Rankor smirked at the reaction between the three, Markous looked at him momentarily, then he glanced all three of his friends and said something in a faint voice, then returned talking normally. Finding his taunt failed, Rankor's smirk twitched slightly, but it returned soon enough, as he found that both of Markous' partners seem to be frightened of him, looking back to Markous, Rankor continued his attempt, "Come now Markous! Nothing to be afraid of here, we're all friends, eh?" He approached a few feet forwards, but still maintained a distance from the group. At this distance one might notice a dagger sticking out from Rankor's torn up leather leggings.

Ready to leave, are ya my little friendies... Stay for a little longer...

Rankor eyed down Kamilar and Adriana from bottom to top with his bloodshot eyes for an added fear factor. "Who are those three... Markous." He said, pointing his hatchet that could also be mistaken for an axe at all three of them in turn, his voice was no longer taunting, but intimidating, he maintained a steady stare at Adriana, grining...
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Kamilar casts a few furtive glances at the scantily attired woodsman while Mark speaks his quiet words, carefully keeping her expression passive. As he approaches, she turns to face him fully, hiding any trace of the fear she feels at his aggressive manner. Though she remains silent, waiting to see what transpires between this strange man and Mark who so clearly dislikes him, she shows every sign of intending to stand her ground, taking careful note of the unpleasant and lingering stare he is directing at Laine.

"Now what?" is the thought crossing Kamilar's mind as her stance tenses ever so slightly and her hand slips imperceptably to the loop of her belt.
Haniel Raynn

Post by Haniel Raynn »

At Adriana’s words, Haniel reached out casually for her hand, trying to be somewhat inconspicuous by doing so. While he waited for the comfort of her grasp, the lumberjack continued to rant. What disturbed the elf was the mischievous smile fixed on the man’s face, his eyes’ locked on Adriana.

No… not my Adri… This man doesn’t look quite right in the head… I have to get us out of here…

Haniel cleared his throat and spoke loud enough to be heard by all, his voice light.

“Yes, as my love has said, we must be going. Farewell to you all.”

With that short statement, Haniel turned to a small path that led out of the forest, waiting on Adriana to follow in hand.