Town Guard of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Julia D'Audarius

Post by Julia D'Audarius »

Dear folk of the isle of Troll's Bane:

Troll's Bane is over run with criminals, and bandits. I have spoken to folk who have been robbed twice a day in Bane, and some who have been robbed as much as four times a week. As a result, Bane is nearly empty. Dureing the later hours of the day Bane -is- empty. Often I go to Trolls Bane for buisness, and walk though the entire town and see no one. Now, to be compleatly fair this depends apone the time of day a great deal. But I believe it is fair to say that Troll's Bane is nearly dead, because of the bandits.

But what can be done about this?

Guards.

Troll's Bane needs -active- guards. Siltaris has writen above the many benifits of working as a guard, however there are still very few active guards. Why is this?

From my experance when I was hired to guard Troll's Bane I think it is very simple. Being a guard is diffacult. As a guard one spends most of the day walking around Bane looking for criminals. This is very boreing. Then, when one finds a criminal the task of removeing the criminal comes about. This, is even less fun because it involves fighting. Bandits frequantly come in groups, with many potions, and have no qualms about flee to drink a potion while there friends attack you.

To make it short, when you are a guard you are either bored, or fighting for your life. This is no way to spend ones day. But, clearly it is possable to have active guards, because it has happened before. So, the question is, how to make the guard active again?

Well, let us look at the two problems that confrunt guards.

Boredem: Being a guard is ninty precent boredem. If there were other members of government around guards would follow because they would have something to do when not fighting for there lives. Guards could have someone to talk with, and a way to enjoy what is otherwise a long hard day.

Danger: Who likes being beaten up by a group of bandits everyday? Not me, aparantly not the guard either. How to fix this? Again, numbers. A group of guards is must stronger then a guard alone.

To aquire more guards, the goverment of Bane needs to understand what causes someone to join the guard. It is not the benifits.

A monthy pay of twenty silvers. - That is not even a silver a 'dwarven' day. Must less a silver a day. Folk who have just arived on the isle, and are makeing shoes make more then that. I make more then that in a hour much less a day. The money is far to sparse to cause anyone to join the guard.

Armour and Weapons - Nice. But not enough, a fighter only needs so much armour and weapons. A good start, though.

Free Training - If you need training, you should not be a guard. Bandits love nothing more then half trained guards they can beat up.

A ring that says you are a member of the guard - A nice idea, but hardly a reason to join the guards. It does help the guard a little, however.

Free food - As compared to twenty five coppers for a food potion. This is not very good encoragment.

Free healing potions - Good idea, as a guard you will need them. Lots of them.

Key to the jail - I am glad. Guards are not very usefull without it.

Why no guards? Because it is all work, and not any reward worth haveing. People do not become guards for the money, because it is poor. They become guards to help out. But after time they leave because it is a hard job with no reward woth haveing.

To aquire more guards you can do the following.

A: Become more active, help defend the town instead of ignoreing it and pretending its problems are do not exist. There is so much crime that most people do not even report robberys anymore because nothing will be done and they know it. If the government was more active, there would be people to support the guards, saveing them from both boredem and beatings. Also, people would return to the town because it was safer, createing a larger pool of folk who could become guards.

B: This, unsurpriseingly, is my favorate option. Hire the Silver Swords. We can easy protect your town from bandits, and suffer from none of the problems that so plague your town guard. We have defended the town before, and done so well. When we were there, the town was safe. Hire us again, and the town will be safe again.

Troll's Bane is no longer the Bane of Trolls, now it is the Bane of folk foolish enough to set foot in it without armed guards. There is NO reason for this. Varshikar is safe, Greenbriar is safe. Why is Troll's Bane not safe?

Julia D'Audarius, Lieutenant of the Silver Sword.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

When a guard is given the duty and the title of being a guard of the town with as much rich history as Trolls Bane you are given the task to risk your life for the inhabitance of this town. Also, there are so many different options when it comes to fighting. Verbal war fare is something that to many men (women in your case) on this isle do not take seriously. The sword should be a second option to any guard.

For the point of boredom (I think you spelled it wrong, I corrected your grammar mistake). I do not think that any guard should be bored of their duties. Your protecting the Town which you signed up to protect, if boredom is a factor in anyone's indecision on joining the guard then they shouldn't join the guard anyway. Tell me, dear Julia how will hiring the Silver Swords suppress the current 'boredom' state of Trolls Bane? This is clearly just an advertisement for your group. Ah, and Siltaris if you do choose to hire these individuals, please only pay them what you pay the guards. No reason not to, their doing the same job.

Thank you,
Julius Rothman
Karl

Post by Karl »

Julius wrote:When a guard is given the duty and the title of being a guard of the town with as much rich history as Trolls Bane you are given the task to risk your life for the inhabitance of this town.
That's what she said, clarifying the point that no one would normally be interested in risking their life to protect a town with no reward. If your sight wasn't so entrenched deep in your ass, you would've read that.
Julius wrote:Also, there are so many different options when it comes to fighting. Verbal war fare is something that to many men (women in your case) on this isle do not take seriously. The sword should be a second option to any guard.
"Oh please orcs who went into town, beat a girl and mugged an old woman! Please drop your sword and lets discuss philosophy, we could converse about a cup of tea, shall we?"
Julius wrote:For the point of boredom (I think you spelled it wrong, I corrected your grammar mistake).
It was a spelling mistake, dumbass.
Julius wrote:I do not think that any guard should be bored of their duties. Your protecting the Town which you signed up to protect, if boredom is a factor in anyone's indecision on joining the guard then they shouldn't join the guard anyway.
It's "You're protecting the town.."
You dare to correct Julia over 'boredom'?
She made about 25 spelling mistakes in her text, that's the only one you noticed? We're mercenaries, not scribes.
Also, get me someone that will agree working a job he dislikes and finds utterly boring, I will: 1- give you a pat on the shoulder, 2- state they have no life.
Julius wrote:Tell me, dear Julia how will hiring the Silver Swords suppress the current 'boredom' state of Trolls Bane? This is clearly just an advertisement for your group. Ah, and Siltaris if you do choose to hire these individuals, please only pay them what you pay the guards. No reason not to, their doing the same job.
As I said, if your sight wasn't so entrenched deep into your ass, you would've read she said the job is boring, not being in Troll's Bane. We mercenaries don't get bored while we work as guards, because we work as a group. There's not enough 'guards' to entertain themselves with fruity discussions during their duty.
And we've already been hired by Siltaris, twice, and how much we've been paid is none of your business.
Oh and also, she's not your 'dear Julia.'
Julius wrote:Thank you,
Julius Rothman
You're most welcome,
Elian
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Elian wrote:That's what she said, clarifying the point that no one would normally be interested in risking their life to protect a town with no reward. If your sight wasn't so entrenched deep in your ass, you would've read that.
Ah, I will give you that my 'sight is so entrenched deep within my ass', but I was simply stating that that's what your responsibilities are when you join the Town guard.
Julia wrote:From my experance when I was hired to guard Troll's Bane I think it is very simple. Being a guard is diffacult. As a guard one spends most of the day walking around Bane looking for criminals. This is very boreing. Then, when one finds a criminal the task of removeing the criminal comes about. This, is even less fun because it involves fighting. Bandits frequantly come in groups, with many potions, and have no qualms about flee to drink a potion while there friends attack you.

To make it short, when you are a guard you are either bored, or fighting for your life. This is no way to spend ones day. But, clearly it is possable to have active guards, because it has happened before. So, the question is, how to make the guard active again?
These two paragraphs are ridden with spelling mistakes.
Experance- Experience
Frequantly- Frequently
Diffacult - Difficult
Boreing - Boring
Removeing- Removing
Possable - Possible

Now, back to the point that I am trying to make. I was stating that when you join the Town Guard you should be well aware of the possibles of boredom and fighting bandits. With a payment of 900 silvers and 500 friends you will still occasionally get bored and/or fight bandits.

Elian wrote:"Oh please orcs who went into town, beat a girl and mugged an old woman! Please drop your sword and lets discuss philosophy, we could converse about a cup of tea, shall we?"
I will try to answer this the easiest way possible so that feeble minded individuals such as yourself can understand. Clearly by those two sentences I did not mean for every occasion to use words instead of a blade. But, if your head 'wasn't so entrenched up your own ass' you would have had the sight to see what I meant.

Elian wrote:It was a spelling mistake, dumbass.
Spelling mistakes in her post:

Dureing - During
Buisness - Business
Compleatly - Completely
Apone - Upon
Confrunt - Confront
Writen - Written
Benifits - Benefits
Ninty Precent - Ninety Percent
Aparantly - Apparently
Aquire- acquire
Goverment - Government
Monthy - Monthly
Makeing - Making
Arived - Arrived
Armour - Armor
Encoragment - Encouragement
Usefull - Useful
Haveing - Having
Woth - Worth
Ignoreing - Ignoring
Robberys - Robberies
Saveing - Saving
Createing - Creating
Unsurpriseingly - Unsurprisingly
Favorate - Favorite

I painstakingly took the time to do this for you. This may have caused embarrassment which could have been evaded.
Elian wrote:It's "You're protecting the town.."
You dare to correct Julia over 'boredom'?
She made about 25 spelling mistakes in her text, that's the only one you noticed? We're mercenaries, not scribes.
Also, get me someone that will agree working a job he dislikes and finds utterly boring, I will: 1- give you a pat on the shoulder, 2- state they have no life.
Well, compared to the list above, the your to them is nothing. Whose the dumb ass now?
Elian wrote:As I said, if your sight wasn't so entrenched deep into your ass, you would've read she said the job is boring, not being in Troll's Bane. We mercenaries don't get bored while we work as guards, because we work as a group. There's not enough 'guards' to entertain themselves with fruity discussions during their duty.
And we've already been hired by Siltaris, twice, and how much we've been paid is none of your business.
Oh and also, she's not your 'dear Julia.'
Fine, she isn't my dear Julia. But, you never elaborated on the fact that this post was merely an failed attempt at a advertisement for your broke back faction.

Elian wrote: You're most welcome,
Elian
Mmh, atleast you have some kind of manners.

Julius Rothman
Karl

Post by Karl »

Well, it seems you take a malign pleasure at rectifying her mistakes.
But unfortunately, this argument only shows your sight is truly entrenched in your ass, for I said it myself, and I quote:
Elian wrote:She made about 25 spelling mistakes in her text, that's the only one you noticed? We're mercenaries, not scribes.
Oh and to use another word, just to widen your tight vocabulary a bit; Entrenched, dug in, encroached, impinged, etc..

Anyhow.
Julius wrote: Ah, I will give you that my 'sight is so entrenched deep within my ass', but I was simply stating that that's what your responsibilities are when you join the Town guard.
Yes, she was stating that too. But smart as she is, she added an argument and explanation as to WHY people seem to refuse taking on such responsibilities. Of course, you persist on clustering these boards with useless, poor and senseless arguments. Anyhow, you're a Rothman. I'm not surprised you constellate shit everywhere you go.

Julius wrote: These two paragraphs are ridden with spelling mistakes.
Experance- Experience
Frequantly- Frequently
Diffacult - Difficult
Boreing - Boring
Removeing- Removing
Possable - Possible

Now, back to the point that I am trying to make. I was stating that when you join the Town Guard you should be well aware of the possibles of boredom and fighting bandits. With a payment of 900 silvers and 500 friends you will still occasionally get bored and/or fight bandits.
Again, I won't show how idiotic you are by rectifying her mistakes, I did that up there.
As for a payment of 900 silvers and 500 friends, you will not get bored at all, and you will have friends that will make sure you don't risk your life fighting bandits.
Please shut up and stop giving useless arguments? Please?

Julius wrote: I will try to answer this the easiest way possible so that feeble minded individuals such as yourself can understand. Clearly by those two sentences I did not mean for every occasion to use words instead of a blade. But, if your head 'wasn't so entrenched up your own ass' you would have had the sight to see what I meant.
Yes, there are many bandits that don't mind dropping their blade to allow you to shove sense into them, right?

Julius wrote: Spelling mistakes in her post:

Dureing - During
Buisness - Business
Compleatly - Completely
Apone - Upon
Confrunt - Confront
writen - Written
benifits - Benefits
ninty precent - Ninety Percent
aparantly - Apparently
aquire - acquire
goverment - Government
monthy - Monthly
makeing - Making
arived - Arrived
armour - Armor
encoragment - Encouragement
usefull - Useful
haveing - Having
woth - Worth
ignoreing - Ignoring
robberys - Robberies
saveing - Saving
createing - Creating
unsurpriseingly - Unsurprisingly
favorate - Favorite

I painstakingly took the time to do this for you. This may have caused embarrassment which could have been evaded.
Tuutuutuu *whistles*

Julius wrote: Well, compared to the list above, the your to them is nothing. Whose the dumb ass now?
He who's house is made of glass, shouldn't throw rocks.

Julius wrote: Fine, she isn't my dear Julia. But, you never elaborated on the fact that this post was merely an failed attempt at a advertisement for your broke back faction.
Of course it was an advertisement. And as for my 'broke back faction', I'll pretend for your life you've never said that.

Julius wrote: Mmh, atleast you have some kind of manners.

Julius Rothman
Does my surname goes by 'Rothman'? No. Why are you surprised I have manners then?

With much love, hoping you spare us of your pitiful disceptations,
Elian.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

I believe that the word 'armour' can be spelt either with or without a u.

Tink
Julius

Post by Julius »

Karl wrote:Oh and to use another word, just to widen your tight vocabulary a bit; Entrenched, dug in, encroached, impinged, etc..
No need to waste my time and your ink to post a random message about what the word Entrenched means. Aye?

Elian wrote:]Yes, she was stating that too. But smart as she is, she added an argument and explanation as to WHY people seem to refuse taking on such responsibilities. Of course, you persist on clustering these boards with useless, poor and senseless arguments. Anyhow, you're a Rothman. I'm not surprised you constellate shit everywhere you go.
She never stated anything about the duties of a town guard such as I did, Elian. She was stating what were the reasons that people do not join the guard, I was stating why the problems she introduced within the conversation were invalid or shouldn't have any affect on a Town Guard and that they shouldn't have any baring on joining or leaving it. Reading both of our parchments over again, you might see this mistake of yours as well. Aye?

As for the Rothman situation. Do you actually think your better then the Rothmans? Seriously, Elian. Your a leader of the Silver Swords. A very prestigious group. Aye? Nay. Nothing compared to some of the things my father and other members of my family have made back home. Exclude Grant, please. It was a failure of the gods that he was born with the last name of Rothman. Though, you will probably use this against me if you choose to walk back to the boards. It was a failure to the gods that I was bore to? Aye?
Elian wrote:Again, I won't show how idiotic you are by rectifying her mistakes, I did that up there.
As for a payment of 900 silvers and 500 friends, you will not get bored at all, and you will have friends that will make sure you don't risk your life fighting bandits.
Please shut up and stop giving useless arguments? Please?
I knew that you stated that she had 'about' 25 spelling mistakes. I placed the spelling mistakes to argue who was the dumb ass or not. Though if you read my parchment right, maybe, just maybe you could have seen this. Aye? Well, I don't know about you but when your depot won't shut and when you turn around and hear 500 greetings, would that not be slightly annoying?

Elian wrote: Yes, there are many bandits that don't mind dropping their blade to allow you to shove sense into them, right?
That isn't the question Elian. The question is have you actually ever tried to 'shove sense' into them? I have solved many cases and other incidents by simply speaking to the aforementioned bandits.

Elian wrote: Tuutuutuu
Okay. Can I ask why the hell you randomly posted Tuutuutuu? Seriously, you need to get a druid, I think you've been hit far to many times.

Elian wrote:He who's house is made of glass, shouldn't throw rocks.
I will admit that I had posts and whatnot with spelling and grammar mistakes but 32? Ouch, If I did I would never show my face around anyone. Which would be a shame.

Elian wrote:Of course it was an advertisement. And as for my 'broke back faction', I'll pretend for your life you've never said that.
Okay. You do that.

Elian wrote:Does my surname goes by 'Rothman'? No. Why are you surprised I have manners then?
Does your surname go by 'Rothman'? No. For the manners part: Well, how about the 'shits', 'asses', and other vulgar language that you choose to place upon this otherwise clean board. You showed leadership skills, linguistic skills, and preponderance in argument today. Aye? Nay, you showed me that you were more of a bandit like individual then I once had perceived. If I were the leader of guild or faction I would try to show more manners and better language then what you have showed today.

In the first place, I have no idea why you decided to post anything within the boards in the first place. I was not bashing your guild in anyway, I was simply posting my ideas on the post that your member made. A person can't have a argument with one of your members without getting their head cut off? Another thing, can Julia fight her battles for herself, or are you her prime defender.
Elian wrote:With much love, hoping you spare us of your pitiful disceptations,
Elian.
This will be my last post on this manner. You may place any trash you wish to, make me look like a fool if you want.

Thank you,
Julius Rothman
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Never have i read such nonsense on these boards, these two men surely need to step back and take a good hard look at themselves. Neither of you are capable of making any decisions for the town, clearly you are both egotistical, big headed, foolish and ofcourse childish men who are so wrapped up in themselves, they have to take it upon themselves to argue over such meaningless drivel..dont you have better things to do?..I guess not.

I suggest the two of you refrain from spilling your childish behaviour all over these boards.

It's pathetic.

~Nobleman
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

i would like to join, check my account i have nothing bad done, and i can do patrols if needed and i can act as a bounty hunter and such.
Karl

Post by Karl »

I thought I'd get a proper argumentative conversation with you Julius, but obviously I will not.
You're as blind as mole. You did not understand what Julia was saying, and probably did not even read it. Anyhow, such messages as Julia's aren't meant for dolts such as yourself to try and understand. Obviously you're simply infuriated of the ass-kicking my Lieutenant offered you the other day, and cared for revenge while you're far from our mercenaries' blades.

I read the first few lines of your last message, and stopped there. You're pathetic. You're a Rothman.

As for the 'Nobleman', I agree, simply, I find it more than amusing showing his ridiculousness. Also, receiving a dozen of doves congratulating me for doing so, and offering me quite entertaining words mocking him, are another part I like about it.

Anyhow, I won't be writing on this wall anymore, simply as a respect to Siltaris and the guards. You know, they DO have a hard and life-threatening job!! If you'd like to meet to deal with things, I'm a civilized man. Send me a dove.

~ Elian
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Wouldnt it be best to argue the subject rather than the spelling?

F
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

wolfsword wrote:i would like to join, check my account i have nothing bad done, and i can do patrols if needed and i can act as a bounty hunter and such.
And we are supposed to know your name just from your writing?

~Guard Evan Ross~
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Julia D'Audarius,

It is good to read your concerns about the current situation in Troll's Bane. That proves that there are people caring for the town.

However, i want to comment on some of your statements.

Julia D'Audarius wrote:From my experience when I was hired to guard Troll's Bane I think it is very simple. Being a guard is diffacult. As a guard one spends most of the day walking around Bane looking for criminals. This is very boreing.
In my three years of being town guard time and again, I must agree with your impression: Being a Town Guard is indeed difficult. It always has been. This is the nature of a Guard.

However, I absolutely can not share the second statement that being a Guard is boring. I guess there is a different understanding of guarding, then. In my opinion - and as it always has been - town guards guard the town by being present in town. They can do their normal work, talk to people or do some crafting, they just need to intervene if there is trouble around. Therefore, being Guard is only boring, if you have nothing else to do than waiting for criminals without doing anything else.
Nevertheless, it is correct that moe could be done for the guards of the authority, in terms of advising them. Still, due to lack of active guards, people who want to change something and who want to become active by themselves, this is ahrd to organise all by myself alone.
Danger: Who likes being beaten up by a group of bandits everyday? Not me, aparantly not the guard either. How to fix this? Again, numbers. A group of guards is must stronger then a guard alone.
Naturally, being town guard is not only difficult, but dangerous. No amount of money will change this fact. Though, the danger can be alleviated...
To aquire more guards, the goverment of Bane needs to understand what causes someone to join the guard. It is not the benefits.

A monthy pay of twenty silvers.
Actually, there seems to have taken palce a sort of inflation. Some months ago, 20 Silvers has been an amount of money it is worth to fight for. At least that was my impression. However, regarding the fact that guards can still earn money with crafting and other stuff while doing their job, means that there are 20 silvers additionally to the normal income.
Since people seem to think that 20 silvers is not enough, I will increase the amount of money Guards can receive. Though, Troll's Bane's money is limited.
Armour and Weapons - Nice. But not enough, a fighter only needs so much armour and weapons. A good start, though.
I do not see the negative aspect in this point, since guards ARE fighters. Since weapons and armors do normally cost money as well, the monthly payment is even higher than 20 Silvers.
Free Training - If you need training, you should not be a guard. Bandits love nothing more then half trained guards they can beat up.
Having the opportunity to get trained by two of the most skilled sword fighters on whole Gobiath indeed is an incentive, in my opinion. This is important, in particular, for those guards who think they already are good fighters and do not gain so much experience from fighting one slow Troll after the other.
A ring that says you are a member of the guard - A nice idea, but hardly a reason to join the guards. It does help the guard a little, however.
It is an extra to show that you are member of the town of Troll's Bane. Nothing more, nothing less.

Free food - As compared to twenty five coppers for a food potion. This is not very good encoragment.
for myself, I prefer real and good food every day. Food potions make you full, though it is a benefit to eat good stuff like saussages, soups, vegetables and cakes. I wonder who drinks potions all day to stop the feeling of hunger.
Free healing potions - Good idea, as a guard you will need them. Lots of them.
In my whole life here on Gobiath I have never needed so many healing potions as you might think. But since you prefer to drink food potions, I do not wonder any more that you drink one healing potion after the other...
Key to the jail - I am glad. Guards are not very usefull without it.
Still they are useful even without key. I am sure you know that. Your own arguments proved that.
Why no guards? Because it is all work, and not any reward worth haveing. People do not become guards for the money, because it is poor. They become guards to help out. But after time they leave because it is a hard job with no reward woth haveing.
On the one hand you say that the town only needs well trained guards. Those people usually already have enough money and are not really attracted by 20, 30 or 40 additional silvers.
Newcomers to the island, however, are not well trained and easy victims for bandits. Though, for them 20 Silvers is a lot of money.

Consequently, being a guard remains something people are willing to do by themselves. Being a guard always had something to do with honor. Being a guard always was something you had deep within yourself. It is a feeling that you want to change something. That you want to make the Troll's Bane a better place.
Naturally, there only are a very few people with that attitude. Rather, it seems to be all about money. This is something what makes me feel bad. If it really is all about money, we will see if it is true...
Become more active, help defend the town instead of ignoreing it and pretending its problems are do not exist.
I am as active as I can be.
Hire the Silver Swords. We can easy protect your town from bandits
You will get your chance again. Prove yourself.
Varshikar is safe, Greenbriar is safe. Why is Troll's Bane not safe?
Because it always has been the biggest town on Gobiath, the town with most people, most merchants, the most houses. Briar has to struggle with bandits as well, since it started to grow. In varshikar, there have been some turmoils as well recently, though there only live a few people up in the north.

I will make new payments for Guards public, soon, and I will contact the Silver Sword for proving their skills in defending a town against crime.

~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Dear citizens of Troll's Bane, dear folks of Gobiath,

Due to the ongoing turmoils in Troll's Bane, the government decided to make it more attractive for people to join the town guard.

There are five ranks within the Town Guard:
Captain - the leader, everyone hast to follow (payment of 100 Silvers per dwarven month)

Lieutenant - Town Guards who have proved their loyality and skills in defending the town (50 Silvers per dwarven month)

Guard - people who have proven their loyality, skills and their will to stand for peace and justice in Troll's Bane (20 Silvers per dwarven month)

Protectors - skilled and honorable and trustful fighters from outside who have expressed their wish to help the town when being around. (payment if needed)

Recruits - the first step to get member of the town guard. They have to lean and train being a guard (no monthly payment)

With the new rank of Lieutnant, the government hopes that more people will be attracted to join the guard and to make a good job. When doing so over a certain timespan they will have the opportunity to get a payment of 50 Silvers or maybe even 100 Silver per dwarven month.

Furthermore, Troll's Bane is looking for a deputy for the Captain while Callith is away. This deputy will receive the payment of 100 Silvers when he made a good job at the end of the dwarven month.
Please send applications to me until the ((4th July)).

Sincerely,
~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane
Karl

Post by Karl »

No offense lady Siltaris, but you didn't change anything.
You simply dramatically increased the captain's salary, and added a new rank with a fine salary too.
Guards still receive 20 silvers a dwarven month. That won't encourage anyone at all.
To be quite honest, I think 2 silvers a dwarven day could actually attract people to join the guards.

~ Elian
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

my char's name is Scott Wolf forgot to put it oh and about the lack of guards together should'nt there be organized squads lead by someone higher than rank of guard? such as lieutenant/captain? Oh and about the inactive guards, is being active for 2-6 1/2 hours enough everyday?I dont see many people be in Trolls Bane either...but i dont see people being robbed. 0.o
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

Elian,

People who join the town guard of Troll's Bane actually have the opportunity to get a payment of about 2 Silvers per dwarfen day. All they need to do is to prove that they are worth getting such a payment by being active and by staying active.

Nevertheless, in my frankness and my open-minded mentality I will adapt the salary again to a more simple one. Basically, the fundamental idea stays the same, though newcomers will gain more money (Hereby the former list of salary is expired.):

Captain - the leader, every town guard of Troll's Bane has to follow (payment of 90 Silvers per dwarven month)

Lieutenant - Town Guards who have proven their loyality and skills in defending the town (60 Silvers per dwarven month)

Guard - people who have proven their loyality, skills and their will to stand for peace and justice in Troll's Bane (30 Silvers per dwarven month)

Protectors - skilled and honorable and trustful fighters from outside who have expressed their wish to help the town when being around. (payment if needed)

Recruits - the first step to get member of the town guard. They have to learn and train being a guard (no monthly payment)

Still, the town of Troll's Bane is looking for a deputy for the Captain. The payment will be 90 Silvers. Applications please send to the Governor.

~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

A messenger brings sealed parchments to all member of the Town Guards of Troll's Bane.
((only members of the Town Guard know about this content, except a Town Guard gives that information ig to someone else))

Dear member of the Town Guard of Troll's Bane,

according to most recent information, Troll's Bane might be in danger of an attack.
I ask you to keep eyes open and to keep this information for you.

As soon as we know more about this supposed threat, I will inform you and we will react in an appropriate way.

Sincereley and thanks for your efforts,
~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane
Troll's Bane

Post by Troll's Bane »

Criminal Offence

Full name of Criminal: Unghalk
male
Race: Orc
Criminal looks like: He is short, his hair dark, and he has a small nose ((2028))

Name of Town Guard who witnesses crime:
Names of other witnesses: Saeliah

Place where crime was committed: in front of Eliza's Shop
Date when crime was committed: 21 Ushos 22 ((17 July))

Criminal Offence(s) committed according to the Criminal Law: Robbery

Imposed Penalty by the Town Guard:
(x) Criminal on the run – criminal banned until: ((27 July))

~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane

Criminal Offence

Full name of Criminal: Gharklic
male
Race: Orc
Criminal looks like: he has a flat face and a top knot (1951...))

Name of Town Guard who witnesses crime:
Names of other witnesses: Saeliah

Place where crime was committed: in front of Eliza's Shop
Date when crime was committed: 21 Ushos 22 ((17 July))

Criminal Offence(s) committed according to the Criminal Law: Robbery

(x) Criminal on the run – criminal banned until: ((27 July))

~Siltaris~
Governor of Troll's Bane
Matron

Post by Matron »

A halfling attacked me not injuring me really but also attempt to steal the cow of Pellandria which I am taking care for at the moment.
He has grey eyes, black hair and looked like an ordinary farmer , just wearing weapons, a sword and a dagger. ((124...301))

Magnus
Lamar

Post by Lamar »

Troll's Bane wrote:
Criminal Offence

Full name of Criminal:"luric"
male
Race: Elf
Criminal looks like: He is tall, and he looks like ((6226))

Name of Town Guard who witnesses crime: Lonfurd Brodem
Names of other witnesses: Josy Wyatt, Topf
Place where crime was committed: in the hospital in bane
Date when crime was committed: ((12. August))

Criminal Offence(s) committed according to the Criminal Law: attacking innocent people

(x) Criminal arrested. It seems like a priest is needed to heal the criminal.
So arrested untill healed.

~Lonfurd Brodem~
Recruit Town Guard
Kenneth Ladrus

Vorfall in dem Hospital Trolls Banes

Post by Kenneth Ladrus »

Kenneth Ladrus eilt ans Brett und heftet einen Bericht daran

Am heutigen Tage wurde einer von zwei Störenfrieden namens "Geranius" getötet. Er, und sein Gefährte belästigten die hochschwangere Josy Wyatt und ihren Verlobten Persus Demargas. Angeblich sammelten sie Spenden für den Wald von Greenbriar, was sich allerdings nur als Vorwand herausstellte, um Leute zu belästigen. Frau Wyatt lag im Bett des Hospitals, und Herr Demargas leistete ihr Beistand. Einer der beiden Männer kam herein, schrie herum, und sein Gefährte versuchte desweilen Herrn Demargas aus dem Raume zu locken, sodass einer von ihnen mit Frau Wyatt allein war. Als ein Zwerg erschien, rief einer der Männer von einer Geiselnahme, und es entstand Chaos. Es kamen einige Leute, und währenddessen schlug Herr Demargas, der überfordert mit der Situation schien, einen der beiden nieder, um den anderen fernhalten zu können. Als der Mann zu Bewusstsein kam, wurde er von Herrn Demargas erneut niedergeschlagen, sein Kopf begann zu bluten.
Der andere Mann verschwand, als die Menge sich vergrößerte, und der zweite, bewusstlose Störenfried wurde aus dem Krankenhaus im wahrsten SInne des Wortes geworfen. Draußen bemerkte man, dass der Mann schwer Verletzt seie, und es wurde entschlossen ihn hineinzu tragen. Der Arzt Cecil versuchte den Mann zu retten, doch ohne Erfolg.

Dies alles ging hervor aus den Aussagen von Herrn Demargas, Frau Wyatt, Pan al Medar, Ruric, und Andril.

Meine Meinung als Stadtwache wäre, Persus Demargas nicht anzuklagen, denn niemand, egal ob er Spenden sammelt, oder stören will, hat das Recht dazu, so mit einer hochschwangeren Frau umzugehen, weshalb ich Herrn Demargas Reaktion nachvollziehen kann, auch wenn diese Aktion natürlich unglücklich endete.
Dazu muss ich wohl noch sagen, dass ich Herrn Demargas und Frau Wyatt persönlich gut kenne, allerdings bekräftige ich, dass ich hier für niemanden Partei ergreife, doch kann ich dazu sagen, dass Herr Demargas ein ehrlicher und guter Mensch ist, und niemanden so schnell mit voller Absicht töten würde.

gezeichnet
Kenneth Ladrus, Stadtwache
Last edited by Kenneth Ladrus on Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leopold Strongarm

Post by Leopold Strongarm »

Tz... Lächerlich... Bald wird es schon das nächste Opfer geben...

-unsigniert
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

*removed*
Last edited by Taliss Kazzxs on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Ha Ha Ha.

Unsigned
Josy Wyatt

Post by Josy Wyatt »

Leopold Strongarm wrote:Tz... Lächerlich... Bald wird es schon das nächste Opfer geben...

-unsigniert
Ihr seid ganz ruhig, denn Ihr ward nicht dabei und das Opfer war ich, denn ich wurde heute schon zweimal Angegriffen ohne Grund. Und das muss ich mir nicht gefallen lassen. Lächerlich ist das unschuldige einfach so angegriffen werden.

Ein Kommentar abgeben ohne zu Unterzeichnen ist ziemlich feige.
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Roland McNiel has been arrested and is being held in the Trollsbane jail.

His crimes were:
Attacking a Town Guard
Disturbing the Peace

If any family wishes to know more please contact myself, or the Governor of Trollsbane.

Sincerely,
Richard Martins~Recruit
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Today I arrested two people. A male elf and a female human. The male elf who wishes to be known as Soul Less, attacked and slayed an elf priest for not stopping preaching to him about the Gods. He then proceeded to attack me when I went to place him under arrest. I did not see the crime but he confessed the crime to me in front of several witnessess. The female human, Julianna, attempted to aid the elf in attacking myself and a man who helped me. One Frederick "Deuce" Gretchen. They are both in the town jail now.

I also hereby declare the ban on Frederick "Deuce" Gretchen lifted for his service and help to the town guard of Trollsbane in apprehending these criminals. He has a clean slate for now. Any misdeeds of the past shall be pushed aside unless he proves himself badly otherwise.

Signed,
Richard Martins~Recruit
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

*a parchment has been moved and displayed near more recent postings upon the wall*
Callith wrote:Deuce is permanently banned from the town of Trollsbane.

Callith
Captain of the Guard.
A good deed compared to hundreds of wrong ones is not justifiable upon the lifting of Deuces ban. Until it is written by Captain Callith or our Governor his banishment from the town of Trollsbane shall remain. Deuce is a cowardice yet dangerous criminal and it is not good to see new recruits of the guard taking him so lightly.

Official Town Guard
~Taliss Kazzxs
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

me 'ccuse man deuce he try cheating foreigner. than he try rob. even if not dare. some day ago ((yesterday)) me look in box of workhouse. there come deuce with girfriend. she look like (150**11**4)
me say: 'llo! - then 'deuce' turns with eyes narrowed, his girl mummbles something
'deuce'say: excuse me sir. - and he gazes over at me. me say: 'llo!
then 'deuce'say: have you just arrived this moment in town? and me say: nay.
'deuce' then folds his arms and steps closer. then 'deuce' speaks in a calm tone.
'deuce'whispers to me: well have you payed your daily tax to the guard?
'deuce' raises a brow. to that, me say: fugg off, deuce! 'deuce'is surprise and widens his eyes
me raises the weapon. his girl say: Err... and 'deuce'say: how dare thee spurt such disgust
'deuce' unsheaths a blade to me, but no come near. me say: you bandit still?
'deuce'say: you better think before you act. and 'deuce'say: a bandit...hm, i am yet a humble merchant
his girl seems Frightend. me say: you allways ttry robbing and me say: want try now?
then he and me talk lot more, but he no dare attack.
then come guard-lizzy. then 'deuce' quick go away.

me honest butcher an' hunter. me not like be robbed. an' me no like go always in armour.
gov'ner ma'am make go away deuce!

written by me, the tailor Harkland, for a tall man who says, his name is "me eat piggy"