Uhh..... No graphics card?!

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Ayla

Uhh..... No graphics card?!

Post by Ayla »

Alright, this... I don't get...

Just a few days ago, my computer was working absolutely fine. Illa was fast, smooth, great..

Then, just the other day, my computer suffered the horrid "BSOD". Disaster, yes. Anyway, being as the hard drive was completely corrupted, I had to clear it and reinstall Windows XP.

Now, however, when I go to see what graphics card I have, there is.... nothing.

Completely blank from the looks of it. Any suggestions on what to do? Without it, Illarion is so slow, there's absolutely no point in playing...

Help is begged for!
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

You're fucked.
Rofflergags.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

If really hard drive failure there is not much can be done with the computer I don't think, but you can try to test it.
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

Ehh...

First off.. *Didn't think that this was more a personal comp problem, not worth bothering Illa staff on*

Second off.. *Loves PO Oger for helping her out*

Yeah, thanks to people smarter than I, I was able to figure it out and get Illa back up and running. Woo!
Algoran

Post by Algoran »

I know it's too late but my computer had an "unmountable boot disk" failure a few days ago and nothing I did made it go away. All files corrupted and no tools were able to sort it, not even Chkdsk. In the end I had to reformat the disk and reinstall XP. I had major problems installing the Graphics card until I remembered to reinstal mother board drivers first. Once I'd installed those drivers the graphics card drivers installed without problem.

My problem was slightly different to yours as my graphics card showed up in the hardware profile as what it was, but whenever I tried to play games I got errors saying I didn't have a 3d card or other such messages.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I think you just need to reinstall your graphic card drivers.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Step 1: Go to the kitchen

Step 2: Grab a chair

Step 3: Go in front of your PC

Step 4: Raise the chair high up

Step 5: Bash the PC as hard as you can.

Step 6: Repeat Step 5 until necessary.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

unmountable boot disk normaly goes away with chdsk - r or how the repairing command is.
Algoran

Post by Algoran »

Normally Chkdsk /r would do it, but not this time. Something major had happened and nothing I did made it go away. Still, a good excuse for a late spring clean ;)