Hay All

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Edgewood

Post by Edgewood »

Spam deleted.

Arien
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

[Spam deleted.

Arien
Edgewood

Post by Edgewood »

Lance Thunnigan wrote:Welcome to Illa y' ol' coot!
Ol' coot?? Man, I don't think I have even been referred to as an old coot before. I didn't know that 38 years qualifys me as old. Oh well, so be it then, Yo may call me ol' coot from now on Lance. But only you. :wink:
Edgewood

Post by Edgewood »

Spam deleted.

Arien
Dash

Post by Dash »

Spam deleted.

Arien
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Edgewood wrote:
Dash wrote:Hey, you spelt Hey like Hay!

(be a thief that uses the bow!)
Hey, you spelled 'spelled" as spelt. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist....
You're too fun to be an adult :P But then again, so are many I've met here. >_> I use spelt.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

hey, what is a "coot"??

but anyhow, if that mounty is only 38 of age, we should call him young coot, not old coot....
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Edgewood wrote:
Lance Thunnigan wrote:Welcome to Illa y' ol' coot!
Ol' coot?? Man, I don't think I have even been referred to as an old coot before. I didn't know that 38 years qualifys me as old. Oh well, so be it then, Yo may call me ol' coot from now on Lance. But only you. :wink:
Awesome.
You shall be Edgewood, ol' coot.

*Nods*
FIN.
pharse

Post by pharse »

Korm Kormsen wrote:but anyhow, if that mounty is only 38 of age, we should call him young coot, not old coot....
right, if we called HIM old what should we call Korm :)

Hi anyway.
Asesino

Post by Asesino »

be greeted,
( [subtle commercial: buy things from mages]) I wish you ([subtle commercial: become a mage]) good luck and fun with the game and I hope to ([subtle commercial: save the wombats!]) meet you someonce ig.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

25 years of experience, that's great!! Can't wait for the chance to get to RP with you ^^

Oh, and since everyone's advertising, be a cute girl and meet her with my char. :P
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Korm Kormsen wrote:hey, what is a "coot"??

but anyhow, if that mounty is only 38 of age, we should call him young coot, not old coot....
I always laugh when Turny calls you Gramps >.<

Yeah, we are a very nice[size=0]i.e. horrible[/size], lovely [size=0]i.e. malicious[/size] group of people who welcome your kind [size=0]i.e. we like to steal your souls[/size] to our game [size=0]i.e. lives[/size] ;)

Have fun rping :D [size=0]i.e. don't powergame muahahaaa[/size]

Oh and I'd advise quoting this and examining what I've written in further detail when it comes up on reply. [size=0]i.e. I've hidden messages in here ;)[/size]
Lance Thunnigan

pharse wrote:
Korm Kormsen wrote:but anyhow, if that mounty is only 38 of age, we should call him young coot, not old coot....
right, if we called HIM old what should we call Korm :)

Hi anyway.
Korm is Ancient now.
Llama

Post by Llama »

We could use a few more people like this one..

Welcome to the neighbourhood

Play a lizard, they're much nicer, oh and they can eat raw fish
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

ancient wisdom:
don't play a lizard they are a tiny minority.
play an elf! (every second illarionite plays an elf...) :twisted:
Lance Thunnigan

I don't you ancient ol' fossil you.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Lizards >>> *
Edgewood

Post by Edgewood »

Although lizards would definately be departure from what I would normally play, I think my first character will be something I'm familiar with and will be easy for me to play. I want to make this character right from the ground up. I have read nearly all of the background information on the website and it has helped me to become immersed in the folklore of Illarion.

Roleplaying to me is what my goal is in this game. It doesn't matter really what the race of my character is as long as the roleplaying is accurate and consistant with the goals of this game. However, until I've become familiar with the interface and the operating of my character in the game, I'll stick with a simple, recognizable race for me to play.

Also, I would like to add that you folks have been extremely generous in welcoming me to this game. I look forward to meeting all of you IG. it's going to be one hell of a ride....
Lance Thunnigan

Especially if your character has any minor flaw in him, like fleeing from dragons and what-not, you'll just stick out like a sore thumb.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

clearly you don't, you being a longear yourself. (to be seen on your ava...)

Especially if your character has any minor flaw in him, like fleeing from dragons and what-not, you'll just stick out like a sore thumb.
or if he wears the sign of an unknown god over his mail....
Lance Thunnigan

Korm Kormsen wrote:

He was half-elven, and I don't have an elf char nor a half-elven char anymore.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Lance Thunnigan wrote:
Korm Kormsen wrote:

He was half-elven, and I don't have an elf char nor a half-elven char anymore.
What about that guy who wanted to make a new town in the Southern Forest? Wasn't that your character?
Lance Thunnigan

his name was Fjaen.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Edgewood wrote:Although lizards would definately be departure from what I would normally play, I think my first character will be something I'm familiar with and will be easy for me to play. I want to make this character right from the ground up. I have read nearly all of the background information on the website and it has helped me to become immersed in the folklore of Illarion.

Roleplaying to me is what my goal is in this game. It doesn't matter really what the race of my character is as long as the roleplaying is accurate and consistant with the goals of this game. However, until I've become familiar with the interface and the operating of my character in the game, I'll stick with a simple, recognizable race for me to play.

Also, I would like to add that you folks have been extremely generous in welcoming me to this game. I look forward to meeting all of you IG. it's going to be one hell of a ride....
I'm a little anxious that you're gonna go ig, find noone to rp with, find loads of powergamers, be really disappointed and leave.

Try going ig first on a weekend :P
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

... and evade al all costs a certain Sir William Elderberry....

:twisted: :twisted: :oops: :roll:

edit:
oh, the microphone was switched on allready?

edit2:

but i didn't smirk...
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Edgewood, just curious, how/where did you find out about this game? :)
Edgewood

Post by Edgewood »

AlexRose wrote:I'm a little anxious that you're gonna go ig, find noone to rp with, find loads of powergamers, be really disappointed and leave.

Try going ig first on a weekend :P
Firstly AlexRose, no need to worry in that department. I expect that there will be a mix of great rpers and not so great rpers. Its natural that I'm going to run into someone who doesn't have a penchant for that sort of thing. But as we say in the RCMP, "Behaviour breeds behaviour" (we also say that a $10.00 crime deserves a $10.00 investigation, but I digress). No one can de-rail my love of role-playing.

Now I could turn this on its ear and say that none of you may think that my rping is any good at all and that meeting me IG is a let down. That too can happen. However from what I have read here, I think I'm in pretty good company.

I also feel that one's enthusiasm can spread like a smile, and I intend to do just that.
Edgewood

Post by Edgewood »

abcfantasy wrote:Edgewood, just curious, how/where did you find out about this game? :)
Believe it or not, I simply entered "Role Playing Games" into Google and found this game on page, 3 I believe. I started to read what was posted on the website and thought that the presentation was well done.

Then I found out about how sticky the folks here were about naming your character and that really drew my attention. Then I learned that you can get banned for breaking character in game??? I was hooked and I hadn't even played yet.

After reading all of the backstory, and then reading the forums, I saw alot of what I really liked, and saw a couple of things I didn't, but they were easy to ignore and did not make me want to leave.

Essentially, I see a group of like minded people who have a love of role playing which is my biggest criteria. I will say that there have been some inmature posting by some of the folks here but hey, we are all young once, and opinions vary. Also, I am a firm believer that although e-mail and forums like this one are great for quick and immediate communication, the art of conversation is totally lost on it (not to mention debating).

Sorry if I'm longwinded, but I get like that. Wait until you meet me IG!!!!!
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

I like you.

Can't wait to meet you ig =)
Edgewood

Post by Edgewood »

abcfantasy wrote:I like you.

Can't wait to meet you ig =)
That has got to be the kindest thing anyone has ever said to me online....I like you too.

We're gonna make some epic tales together my friend, I promise.

:D