Who's RP did you 'dis'-like today?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Who's RP did you 'dis'-like today?

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Recent events have given me an idea to start this thread for players to discuss 'calmly' actions or RP during the day that is 'questionable' or could have been better. The hope is that players will get feedback on their RP, and try to better themselves in the future.

Please keep in mind this is for "Constructive Criticism" Only!!!
Please do not take anything here personally, but use it to improve your RP experience here in Illarion!!!

When posting, no flaming, name calling, insults or other "negative emotions" or the poster(s) will be dealt with by the moderator. Netiquette rules must be followed. Remember, we are 'helping' our fellow players to enrich their RP!

Netiquette Rules:
When posting
Please refrain from using crappy abbreviation or SMS language.
Nobody here wants to see a "u r c33l" or anything similar.
Caps locked text is also frowned upon.
Grammar an somewhat correct spelling is also fine.

Flaming
I know emotions sometimes boil up a bit.
But please reread an ponder upon your postings before stirring things up.

Thank you.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

My own.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

same
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Sorry but is think its a preety bad idea.

Well the idea in gerell is good but it WILL turn into a flamewar.

And not everybody wants to see his chars name on such a list.

Sorry...
Theon

Post by Theon »

It's been done and denied before Dusty.
Algoran

Post by Algoran »

I like the idea as long as only the "grown ups" use it, "grown up" is not an indication of age it's more attitude. I would like someone to tell me if they thought something I did was wrong. I might not agree but at least it would teach me something.

The "whos RP did you like" thread is just a love in for certain people and provides no useful information as to what made the RP "good" or even what the RP was.

This thread could be a good tool, but like all tools is open to misuse. That's not the tools fault though.

Just wish I could think of some bad RP to start the ball rolling.
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

Nothing personal.. but please delete this topic, it is nonsense.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Ascius wrote:Nothing personal.. but please delete this topic, it is nonsense.
Yep. I think it's better way to deal that via PM's. Either it's going end up to be a public humiliation event or a flamefest, depending on people involved.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

i agree. this thread is dynamite.

it could work, while only openminded and serious posters write about mature players failures.

but only by reading the title of the thread more than half a dozen players came to my mind, who, imho, are not able to take criticizm in any form.

better leave it be.

edit: i mean: leave it be abandoned or closed
Last edited by Korm Kormsen on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I say leave it. Better then letting things stew into a massive outrage. If anything, we need a pressure release valve.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Thank you Arien for your patience.

*bows*
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Borgate needs some work on his roleplay. I kept talking to him and all he said was Arr! Arr? Arr. and Arr..
He just needs to research the role of dwarfs more, they can do other things than arr.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

Lrmy,

i have to agree with you! that bloody ba....
he even denies my chars, to sell them goatsmilk!
as barkeeper he is a real failure. and his PO is a stupid idiot, who never gets new ideas!
he lets him say allways the same old bullsh...
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Lrmy wrote:Borgate needs some work on his roleplay. I kept talking to him and all he said was Arr! Arr? Arr. and Arr..
He just needs to research the role of dwarfs more, they can do other things than arr.
:shock:
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Lrmy wrote:Borgate needs some work on his roleplay. I kept talking to him and all he said was Arr! Arr? Arr. and Arr..
No, you fool*. When you interact with the character a bit more, you can clearly hear him selling drinks to people. He also does plenty of beer-related #me's and is all around good dwarf, because that's what dwarves do - Drink beer. It's not his fault that his character concept doesn't involve opening up to every human that crosses his way. Does your character even speak dwarvish? He is just acting according to his character concept and doesn't mix any ooc with it.

Gawd. Stop mixing OOC and IG. :roll:

* :wink:
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

Mr. Cromwell,

you are totally wrong. if his char concept as a barkeeper does not include being friendly to the patrons, then it is a shitty concept! and it does not make no difference, from where his char originates in this concept.
for me it is clear as lady-curzon soup, that a char's concept has to adapt to the chars surroundings.

in my eyes, this PO just playes this dwarf in a way, that must annoy everybody, who enters the tavern.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

close this topic. PLZ.. better for all, it s really only an explosive thing, because flaming is sport in this forum

but I love you Kormy and Crommy... :P
Kiilii Zaltana

Post by Kiilii Zaltana »

I disagree. There have been several instances when Borgate's RP really added to the situation, often in a comical manner.

Also, "RP" I dislike:

- Every single n00b that asks me to take them all the way up to the f*cking coal mine. It gets really tiring after the 8th trip, even though my character is too nice to say otherwise. :evil: :roll:

- N00bs who attack (shift+click) other players because they can, and for no other reason. Also happens to me all the time.

- N00bs who will do nothing but talk OOC constantly, are too g*ddamn impatient to wait for helpful advice, and use text-message-type in character.

*looks at the list* Well, non-RP then. :?

And it's usually done by n00bs. When is the fabled test-island going to be introduced? Maybe an open-manual pop quiz on the game for every new account?

/sorry, bad day
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

*flames random people*
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Fooser wrote:*flames random people*
I take offense to that.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Oh, and:

random people = Lrmy
Asesino

Post by Asesino »

mostly, when there is a situation I do not enjoy, I ask myself how I could improve my own rp to make the best out of a situation. thus I feel almost always disappointed with my own rp, not the rp of others.
so: my own
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

Kiilii Zaltana,

- Every single n00b that asks me to take them all the way up to the f*cking coal mine. It gets really tiring after the 8th trip, even though my character is too nice to say otherwise.

- N00bs who attack (shift+click) other players because they can, and for no other reason. Also happens to me all the time.

- N00bs who will do nothing but talk OOC constantly, are too g*ddamn impatient to wait for helpful advice, and use text-message-type in character.

*looks at the list* Well, non-RP then.
well, i will just ignore that, because i don't know if you meant me, or not...

but this here, i cant ignore:
I disagree. There have been several instances when Borgate's RP really added to the situation, often in a comical manner.
what you call a "comical manner" to me seems like an egocentric PO, who allways interrupts other chars RP, just to play himself in the middle of everything, that happens in the tavern.
or do you call it good roleplay, to interrupt, - let's say, a song, for instance - with a loud clear and senceless "Arrr!"
every sensible PO would wait till the end of the song, before giving comments. but not PO Borgate! he just stays with his charconcept, to stomp on everybodies nerves!
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Korm is way out of line on this one.
Kiilii Zaltana

Post by Kiilii Zaltana »

He RPs a drunk! :roll: Drunks usually fall into either the comical category, or the annoying category. Any action they partake can fall into one category or both, depending on the observer.

If it seems like he's interrupting a song, well... maybe he forgot the words. *shrug*
Korm Kormsen wrote:Kiilii Zaltana,
- Every single n00b that asks me to take them all the way up to the f*cking coal mine. It gets really tiring after the 8th trip, even though my character is too nice to say otherwise.

*looks at the list* Well, non-RP then.
Well, I will just ignore that because I don't know if you meant me, or not...
Not pointed toward you... :D
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

fooser,

may be, that i am a little bit agitated, but!

one of the last days, my char tjalf was courting a beautyfull lady, and, what happened?
read!
Tjalf: oh, my darling, if you would leave me, i couldn't help it, but i would be very melancolic...
Borgate: i sell drinks, drinks, and who would have thought that, drinks!
the whole, carefully prepared RP-situation just collapsed!

when i tried, to explain to the PO borgate, what a bad timing that was, he expressed, that me being in his bar, i had to accept, that he would sell drinks, whatever the situation.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Courting a beautiful lady? I don't believe you.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

don't you remember tjalfs description? he's got a permanent stiff leg....

but, PO "Borgate" does not reacty to my flaming, so i think, i'll stop the thing now.

edit: BTW, "beautyfull" is a very subjective thing.
tjalf for instance was attracted by kurga, and was very dissapointed by her early death...
Michael Isman

Post by Michael Isman »

Gramps Korm has been exempted from cool points!

He's too cool for them anyways.
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

My own. I played AOE III all day today and didn't log in and PK. Damn.