Illarion wiki

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Herian Trueshot

Illarion wiki

Post by Herian Trueshot »

Yeah, that's what I'm thinkin about doin, so, if anyone wants to suggest things or stop me, this is the place to do it.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

What will the use of that "wiki" be exactly? ^^
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

If you're creating your own Wikipedia for Illarion, containing hints and tips and advice, then go right ahead. It'll be a bit redundant, but nobody will stop you. If you're lookining to add to the recently nuked Illarion entry on wikipedia.org then I'd probably stop right now, if I were you. There really isn't a point in creating a wikipedia entry for a game with less than 50 players at any given time.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

It may help somewhat, I actually found out about Illarion following a couple of links from searching there.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Good luck? If you want some info, you can absorb the old illarion fansite into it...
Herian Trueshot

It'd be stuff like how new players can get into the game and tips and stuff like that. It'd also have stuff like where to buy some things ect...
Rasteel Olin

Post by Rasteel Olin »

So much for roleplay ^^
Herian Trueshot

It wouldn't have a lot of stuff that kill the game, it would just have stuff that you could find on a fansite like commands and ect, not over kill on how to do everything. Plus, the wikis a long way off probally, seeing how it's not downloading right.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Herian Trueshot wrote:It wouldn't have a lot of stuff that kill the game, it would just have stuff that you could find on a fansite like commands and ect, not over kill on how to do everything. Plus, the wikis a long way off probally, seeing how it's not downloading right.
I think it's a good idea, I'll help if needed.
Herian Trueshot

Awesome, I'll need all the help I can get probbally. I'm still tryin to get the darned thing to download though. If anyone else wants to help, just tell me.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Oh my god you're psychic. I was just considering making one for illa myself. I would happily contribute to it if someone gets the basic outline up I'd be happy to fill in the spaces.
Herian Trueshot

Great, in the meantime, who ever wants to help so far, if you could, gather some info or things that you think should be in there. I should have the wiki up in a little bit so, stay tuned. (Japheth, at the time I wrote this, there were 52 players online so :P . No offense. *Don't hurt me, please!*)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Can I put quest spoilers in it? >_>
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

AlexRose wrote:Can I put quest spoilers in it? >_>
No. You do that again, like you blew the first autoquest and I'll slit your throat. ((<.< j/k but I'll hurt ya))
Herian Trueshot

There will be no quest spoilers or anything like that in it, the purpose of the wiki is to help people learn about the game, not kill the fun of figuring things out for others. In other news, the wiki is about up, so, that's that.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I can help maybe if you need it. I have time, but not quite enough to do a full website myself anymore, though Ultimate Illarion will always remain the most leet of leet fansites 8)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Nope, Aeghol's GM page.
Herian Trueshot

Fooser: I need all the help I can get right now, so if you want to help, be my guest. Alex: Please only post things about the wiki here, sorry, but I'm just trying to concentrate on it right now. Edit* I'm having a lot of trouble hosting the wiki, if anyone can try to, see if you can host it, my brain litilarliy hurts from trying to figure this thing out. So if you can, see if you can host it.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Herian Trueshot wrote:It wouldn't have a lot of stuff that kill the game, it would just have stuff that you could find on a fansite like commands and ect
don't want to thwart your idea, nor your enthusiasm ... but what is the manual for then? as far as I remember, there is everything in it you need to get started with Illa
Herian Trueshot

It will have other things besides all that, things not in the manual, like tips (not quest tips) and maybe an items table if possible. Plus, the manual is a PDF, and not everyone want's to go through the hassle of getting adobe and only using it for that.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

There is already an Illarion Wiki.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

But the Illarion Wiki is used by the developers only so that doesn't really count in here Estralis.
Estralis Seborian

If there'd be a real need for a wiki, I am sure the current one could be made public, with restricting the dev/gm-only content. But I see no need at all...
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

No this is not possible. The wiki system has no options to make something restricted.

Nitram
Herian Trueshot

There's always a way to do something, you just got to figure it out, if you can host one wiki, why not move all the dev stuff to another one and make the old one public?
Estralis Seborian

lol, creating a new one is easier than moving all the stuff, no? :lol:

I do not see the use of a wiki, though. I mean, who can write something valuable? The devs, the GMs. They can post the stuff on the homepage which will be updated soon (...well, "soon" stands for "withing X years").

Stories and such can be posted on the board. An "All items and their stats" entry or a "A complete guide to monsters and their spawns" is nothing the staff wants to see, I guess.
Herian Trueshot

It's just a base of player given tips for other players, not something like a monster database or an item list, that would kill the joy of the game. Just tips and some profession guides to get started. Maybe some Illarion background histroy.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

And why can't those things be written in the forum or on the illarion homepage?
Herian Trueshot

They could, but I believe that the wiki would orginize them better and that people wouldnt have to make hundereds of pages of edits to one starting tip, wher in a wiki, they could edit the error without writing anything new.
Jake Talahan

Post by Jake Talahan »

I'm a new player and I would positively love a wiki. LOVE IT.

Finally, I'd have a quick and easy way to look up the various faiths, locations on the planet, notable players - positively anything a natural born citizen of the world would already know.

Heck, would a new alchemist not know what is required to make his first alchemy spell? No, one would assume an alchemist would of been told by SOMEONE. That someone could be Mr. Wiki.

Rules on RPing could be listed there. Rules on what not to post could be listed there. Worried someone is going to write a spoiler? Fine, but how is that different then someone posting a spoiler on random site X searchable by Google? At least with Wiki you could edit it out.

So what if we only have 50 players? I've seen Wiki's with 4 people. As long as there is information to share that would be helped by Wiki's format.. then we should use it.

I will be a dedicated participant in adding to it. I may not know much yet, but I can always ask around and post. In case you haven't noticed, I'm kind of dedicated and long winded.