Good/Evil/All Between

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gildon

Post by Gildon »

Boom, why is everyone shouting at each other for what other people think THEIR character is, tons of people think Rankor is a rude, annoying, and somewhat evil bandit, OOC and IC... That's roleplay.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Hm, roleplay is roleplay. Every char is unique and does things that they think is best it should be completely ig based. But there are always some prats who whinge and moan about "Evil sucks rahaha should be killed permanently imediately rahaha."

Please, no more topics on 'How much you hate a temple' or whatever. It makes you seem a little bit silly going against the game.
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

Retlak is correct. It only proves that you yourself are so connected with your character, and wish for their best ooc when you start whinging about things like this.

Evil should be roleplayed with, no pked with excuses such as: "I said i would attack him without warning!"

That does not mean you cannot roleplay...
Cuthalion

Post by Cuthalion »

My point was: Dont roleplay an "evil" char like a good person would define evil. Again, noone would have followed Hitler if all he said was: I love killing jews! Muhahahah! Remember that the char thinks he is doing the right thing. He des not think he is evil and so on. If the evils dont, they will never win, as noone will follow them.
So, woould it be posible to do some punishment when a player dies? like low energy or no regeneration for some time? Like some hours?
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Cuthalion wrote:(...) Remember that the char thinks he is doing the right thing. He des not think he is evil and so on. If the evils dont, they will never win, as noone will follow them.
I would say that the most evil people know that they are doing wrong things. It it not correct to say that all evil persons are good from ther point of view.
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

I think discussing death penalties is going off topic.

Evil characters are around, live with it, or never leave silverbrand. I'm sure you'll be happy.
Grant

Post by Grant »

I think that the level of rp you need to play a character like Grant or um..Avalyon is actually higher then most people. I mean face it, most characters in this game ar played with one emotion or one dimension of Roleplay. There are two many 1 dimensional goodie characters ig at the moment. In real life everyone has 1 or 2 thoughts on things unlike Samantha which is basically supposed to be some sort of a god.
PO of Bandits and such have to endure alot. We have to train because all the good noobs basically train and have buddies so they don't ever lose their skills when they die and a unlimited source of equipment. Bandits sometime have 1 piece of armor and a few blades against a fully equiped warrior that chooses to come back from the cross 12 times. Then we actually have to rp a appearance or you will #me attacks on sight and usually that doesn't even work because all the noobs out there: (( I know it's u!!!!)) or the #me knows it's Grant.
Then everytime we log on we have to rp injuries because of gettin gang banged by 15 noobs that you send to the cross 12 times. After words the POS of the chars that just got pwned 12 times tell you to rp injury so that they can take you to jail. When you got clouded once and they just got clouded 2032 times. Best #me I ever got out of Samantha after a fight was this: #me coughs. I mean ***?! She is a mage with no armor, 3 hits kill her. That *** should have more scars then Delonte West on the Boston Celtics. Us Bandits usualy do rp scars and/or being ugly. I have never met a char that is one dimensionally good ig with any injuries that even are remotely close to a scar. That's why I see myself above many people in this game in terms of rp.

All POS of bad chars need to give thereself a pat on the back.

*** Deleted by Arien
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

...I won't even bother commenting
Grant

Post by Grant »

Whatever... :roll:

Edit: With that post, is that not commenting Azuros?
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Wow, Grant posted something 100% true. Spectacular!
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Tired of the constant bickering about good and evil?

Tired of everyone 'Judging' you?

Just want to stay out of the fray?

GO NEUTRAL!!!!!

~brought to you by the friendly farmers of Greenbriar : ))
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Perhaps you will miss some posts.
I deleted them 'cause of spam.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Even if Grant posted it in a dumb way, what he wrote is true.
Last edited by Arameh on Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Doesn't matter if he does or not, I don't allow to use such words for a po.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

well, grant, i'm contend, that you cant mean me. one char with a wooden leg, thanks to rankor, another lame, thanks to grant... and all are "good" chars.

..but, generally you are right. it must be difficult to play "bad" or "evil" chars.
and that is, because everybody knows, that these chars are evil.

i suppose, it is like in real life. once a person is known as evil, everybody evades him/her.

so you players of evil chars got only two options:
either change char every week,
or do evil in a stealth way.
but might be, the fun lies in the bragging?

korm
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

The problem is not that people spreads it in game, the problem is that people spreads the criminal's identity via ooc.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

so, may be, they better shut up OCC?
so that nobody knows about their chars?
Grant

Post by Grant »

Arien Edhel wrote:Doesn't matter if he does or not, I don't allow to use such words for a po.
I called the char one, sorry man. You misunderstood.

And as for Korm. Playing a char that has a wooden leg probably deserves a rper of the year award. To play a char like Karl did with a sickness that completely keeps yor char from doing lots of things but rping shows that Illa still has a chance.

*pats Korm's back*
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Edit : (directed to Korm)

What do you mean? The player of the criminal has no control over it, if any n00b writes down the numbers of the criminal (usually even when wearing a hood) and then the n00b go post the numbers on the RPG forum, then everyone knows the criminal, thats only a single example of how its spread ooc. There is also when its a known character, some player gets robbed by him and tells people ooc he is a criminal, such things in which the player of the criminal cannot do anything about.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

grant,

well, it was simple. i needed an explanation ingame for the enormous lag, my chars suffered. now i'm used to their description.

arameh,

i understand. didn't think about that.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Today i allowed avalyon el'hattar and other temple members walking through trollsbane unharmed. since many peoples complain that we kill them on sight.

and now i feel dirty, and like i just did very bad roleplay...i feel like i raped my roleplay and roleplay at all with doing something like that

it simply felt wrong to play a good char and just stand there watching how they walk around...instead of fighting against them for entering the town as the evil they are
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I know it feels abit hard but, we are doing the same.
Samantha Meryadeles

Just that it is OUR town. you dont belong to it. it would be the same if you would watch good guys comming to the temple town, walking around, and not being harmed by you evil guys.

would you do that? i think no, right?

but you await that from us oin our town

it is NOT the same when you come int our town as the evil and dont harm us when you find us there, in OUR town
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

If someone is in the temple, Retty would not kill them.

Even though you dont fight a char your char thinks is bad and hates, at the end of the day more people have fun. And prevents argueing.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Yeah, but still.. If you raid TB like the temple bunch, then you should assume to be attacked on sight for some time (not forever, though) while shopping for groceries. That's just logical. You can't just expect to get the fun bits and then have no consequences..

"Oh, so you are not raiding TODAY.. Then, be our guests! Make yourselves at home..!"
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

But its simply not like that. Retlak is the one who pisses people off, causes undead havock and things. And that is why he would not walk through a town.

With other temple members (this is a new temple remember, clean records) They are just doing things abit different to everyone else, and should not be excluded from everyones roleplay for this.

Obviously retlak or any mass murdering crazy man should.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

there is no law in TB about being evil
Samantha Meryadeles

there is also something like common sense :roll: . and also laws which dont have to be written down to be active
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

no, no. we are in illarion, not in orwells 1984...
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

@Retlak
Like with any organisation, the members bear a shared responsiblity of their actions. So unless there is the reason to believe otherwise, it is not IMO out of the questions for good characters to attack them for the membership alone.

Now, I do understand your point, and maybe we can achieve some sort of a gentleman-agreement between the goodies and baddies here? So, if "hostile" bad guys try to move around the town in small groups, let's say, during night time and avoid rubbing their presence in the face of others (Calmly sitting in the tavern, sipping wine, with the entire city guard (2) and holy paladins (2) surrounding you) the goodies might not actively persecute them at these times? If they would be more on the "dark alleys" and such.. their presence might not be unreasonable.

Just strolling along the main city on noon, dressed in the robe of the "Baby-eating blackheart cult" is just asking for trouble. You need to cut some slack to the good guys too.

EDIT: Just forget about the gentleman agreement. I don't think it'd work with these.. :wink:
Last edited by Mr. Cromwell on Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.