The Kingdom of Trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Grant Rothman has been exiled from the town guard of Trollsbane and is hereby banned for a time yet to be determined.

Revlen captain of the town guard
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

I wonder why the former guards, Arameh and myself, have not been informed about apparently being replaced by other guards as well as the fact that there seems to be a Guard Captain now. Furthermore we do not seem to be listed as Guards any more on the current list.

I kindly ask for more information concerning such important decisions to the people involved - this request is adresses to the Governor as well as to the Guard Captain, now apparently ruling.

~Siltaris~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Revlen has been the guard captain for a while now.

F
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

..even worse if there is a lack of information over 'a while now'.

~Siltaris~
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

There has been a lack of information to us both Siltaris. I have been the guard captain since befor the young Governor was put into office. Fooser had made me such a while back. I heard of you and Arameh being positioned in the positions of 'guardians of the town'. Your position was given to you by the young Governor known as...Constantine i believe, to whom which sent me not word of any of his actions, most of all concerning the guard. So i continued to run the guard, i did not presume to hold authority over yourself or Ara because i did not know the chain of the command from lack of information given to me by Constantine. Hopefully we can clear this all up.

Revlen, captain of the town guard
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

A stranger goes to the board and pins a message on it.

Dear Revlen, Captain of the Guard,

I regret the lack of information, which both of us have to cope with.
At the same time I accept your position as Captain of the Guard and offer my blade to protect the town.
Unfortunately I am away for a certain time, but it makes me feel good to know that the town is protected by a competent and experienced person.

~Siltaris~
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

Meh whub say dat meh hab been attacked and knocked out dis night by a dwarfy. Meh nubs hab done anyting. He just hab attack meh.
Meh tinks dat his nam is Bombor, cause sume stoopid friend called hims dat ways.

Meh whub dat he gets punished fer attacking a peacey orc in da towns. Meh hab dune nuting. he hab attack meh first.

Rugh'toh
Stuikerd

Post by Stuikerd »

where are the guards anyway? they are not doing their job very well to be honest!
Kragnarr

Post by Kragnarr »

Rugh'toh wrote:Meh whub say dat meh hab been attacked and knocked out dis night by a dwarfy. Meh nubs hab done anyting. He just hab attack meh.
Meh tinks dat his nam is Bombor, cause sume stoopid friend called hims dat ways.

Meh whub dat he gets punished fer attacking a peacey orc in da towns. Meh hab dune nuting. he hab attack meh first.

Rugh'toh
Hurr, same happend ta Krag!
Stumpy an friends are dangerous, carefull yoo all should be, Yubba!
An dey maybe be members ob "Da Blades", cause dey called "For Da Blades" when attacking Krag, Hurr!

~unsigned~
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Stuikerd wrote:where are the guards anyway? they are not doing their job very well to be honest!
That would be because there are too few of us. 3 people cannot do the job of an army. If you think we arn't doing well enough, Then help us, Instead of telling us how bad we are.
~Evan Ross~
Senrin der Ältere

Post by Senrin der Ältere »

I don´t think the citizens have to do your job, but they have the right to tell you what you have to do better!
I also hear every day storys bout robberies in or near the town.
May you should think bout choosin a new head of the town

~unsigned
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Yet we cannot do better without more people. Like I said, 5 people cannot do a whole armys job. I did not say that citizens shuold be doing our job, Yet thats where WE all started. There is no such thing as being born a gaurd after all.
Senrin der Ältere

May you should think bout what your doin wrong...

~unsigned
Ghost_Archon

Post by Ghost_Archon »

Yes the citizens should not be doing the job of the guard... but the guard is un able to do their job to it's fullest without more people in the guard.

The current guard is doing nothing wrong for the moment. The problem is that not enough people are in the guard and that not enough people are willing to take on the job of the guard.

I do not disagree that it is the people that have a right to say what isn't working. But they also have the right to bring about change.

Perhaps you, unsigned, should think about signing up to help the guard yourself. Or do you not want to bother with such matters?
Written in elven hand
-Anonymous-[/code]
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

A contract has been completed and signed by both parties, regarding the sale of Land from the Town of Trollsbane, to Samantha Meryadeles. The mentioned land is the ground on which the Seahorse Inn building is located. This land can be used as wished, as long as it is within the law and rule of the town. The property cannot be taken away unjustly. A monetary amount has been paid, so no taxing will be done, unless in times of emergency.

Constantine Valentine, Governor of Trollsbane
~Lady Samantha Meryadeles~
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

The guard is doing its best to do what we can. If you wish the guard to do our job better, i encourage you to join or ask others to join in your stead if you merely wish to complain. If you do not have the courage to join the guard yourself, shut your mouths, for you have no idea how hard it is to be a guard in this day and age. I have delt with many over the years who do nothing but talk, grow a back bone and help defend your town, rather than whining about those who are defending your sorry arses.

Revlen, captain of the town guard
Grant

Post by Grant »

Aye, Relven is the best man for this position in my eyes. The guard is small, but I would like to thank all those who fight for the town of Trolls Bane that aren't even a citizen of a member of the town guard.

Constantine Valentine
Govenor of Trolls Bane
Senrin der Ältere

Govenor Valentine,
I whould be very happy if you answer the question I send to you 3 months ago.
~Andril
Grant

Post by Grant »

I have answered more then 5 times, you have to pay your taxes before you are allowed to build.

Constantine Valentine
Governor of Trolls Bane
Eresil Relondas

Post by Eresil Relondas »

I would like to see myself as a citizen of Troll's Bane, if that would be of no trouble.

Eresil Relondas
Samantha Meryadeles

I have a request as a citizen to the Governeur

The towns laws and charta are outdated. They saw many different goverments, and even a king. Every time reading it I notice again that they are not up to date, and that it is difficult to understand them well. I even see that our Governeur Constantin Valentine is listed as "King". Also the citizenlist is large, but most of them weren't seen for a long, long time.

It is simply time that the whole official part is made new. Get a new look, and especially, a look that makes it more easily to understand it.

For example unite the laws in the first parchment, and those added by Governeur Beothach. Also actualize the citizenlist, and write those who are not seen anymore on an own list. Also.,..please change the "king" and "royal guard" back into Townguard and Governeur. We still have law 8, which says there is no guard and no guard captain, but just the royalguard under his majesty, and a bit under that we find a guardcaptain listed. That is something that should be really made new and better.

That is my request as a citizen. Thank you, and may Zhambra guard your paths.

Rory

Post by Rory »

Sam you try to hold a torch as the "voice of the people", yet your inn is locked, and noone can buy portals. This is prohibiting business and personal travel. Open the damn door you fraud. Not everyone can make a portal out of thin air.

~Unsigned

Edit by Keikan:
This is no place to talk about rulebreaks!
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

You can buy portals at the gate to enter town.
-unsigned
Samantha Meryadeles

Whoever wrote that unsigned message, you should know, beside the fact that you are an impudent fool, that Nebaar, the portal seller, is not anymore located at the Seahorse. The Seahorse Inn is closed and will be rebuild. Nebaar sells his portals now at the southwest tower of Trollsbane.

And the next time use your name when insulting others. But I think you are simply not brave enough to do so, what a pity for you.

Rory

Post by Rory »

it's spelled imputent fool
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

If you are going to correct someone's spelling, at least make sure the word is spelled incorrectly in the first place, lest you make yourself appear the fool.

(unsigned)
Eresil Relondas

Post by Eresil Relondas »

I am still awaiting the confirmation of my complete citizenship, Mister the Gouverneur.

Erasil Relondas
Ghost_Archon

Post by Ghost_Archon »

I wish to question earlier events of today regarding a rude Elf from out of town and the current magistrate Lady Samantha Meryadeles.

Though I did not witness the initial event, it was clear that the elf had addressed Lady Meryadeles without proper titles or respect.

I was shocked shortly there after to see Lady Meryadeles use her magic against this elf that was clearly being rude to her.

Now I have read the laws that are clearly stated on this board. From what the laws state it would have been correct if she had slapped the elf into submission. However, by the statement of law 9, magic is to be used defensively. In which case the elf clearly had no intentions of attacking her. If it was a duel then they would have had to be a good distance from a building; which both of them were not. And also the elf had no idea of how simple parlor magic works and wouldn't be able to have a duel.

Both the elf and Lady Meryadeles had done wrong in this case. However, I would like to bring point to the fact that she is the current magistrate, and she seems to be unable to hold her runes. Even as a gentleman and a current citizen of Troll's Bane, I am worried about encountering her and saying something that she does not like and being struck by the powerful magic that she carries.

Governor Constantine Valentine, I request that you do something about this as I have heard many others that wish to push the matter to violence.

It is my hope that a compromise can be reached. And that Lady Meryadeles will be just a little more tolerant of others.

May Elara guide you

~unsigned~
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Lady Meryadeles has not been elected magistrate, nor have they even held an election as there are two people in the running. Being the other who is running, I would know.

Second, how can someone be believed if they do not sign their name and there are no other witnesses? It is possible, that this is the same elf that both her and I met the other day who decided to complain after we told him it was against the rules to cut down a tree.

If anything, this inncodent should be looked into. Also, this out of town elf does not wish to read nor follow the rules, should be removed from down for good if he is the problem.

--Dantagon Marescot
--Squire of Kallahorn
Ghost_Archon

Post by Ghost_Archon »

A note is posted quietly when few are around and none that are looking in the direction

My apologies, good Squire of Kallahorn Sir, I was under the impression that the matter of the position of Magistrate had been decided.

How can I be believed without signing my name or having witnesses, you ask. To starter, there were many witnesses. And as for my name not being signed, is that I am quite easily injured by magic. I do not wish to inqur Lady Meryadeles' wrath.

I can assure you that I am not that elf as I have never cut a tree in Troll's Bane. Nor would I agrue with authority.

You and I share the same thought that the inncident should be looked into, as I was not present to see the initial event. I also agree that the "out of town elf" that cuts down trees in Troll's bane should be removed from town if he is to cause more of a problem.

I deeply respect both you and Lady Samantha Meryadeles. In my position, I feel it unfortunate but important that I put forth what I witnessed and that I am worried about all parties.

I wish to help not hinder.

May Elara guide you

~Ananymous~