Requesting Resignation

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Fooser

Requesting Resignation

Post by Fooser »

I ask the current 'Governor', on behalf of the town, to resign from his position for numerous reasons. The shop, which is the most important building in Trollsbane, went unrepaired for weeks, with little concern from you. Lorian's questions go unanswered. Any progress that can occur is halted by your lack of presence and enthusiasm. May I remind you that elections were not held to an even less active member could lead? I no longer have any ambitions, I don't really care who would follow, I just ask for someone who knows how to get things accomplished. I await your response, but it will probably take weeks to hear it.

F
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Edit by Keikan:
Removed OOC.

Here we go again, thanks Arameh.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Does anyone know if he left for a while? Perhaps some type of temporary solution can be put in place until he decides to return.

F

Edit by Keikan:
Removed OOC.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Perhaps the town should be lead by a faction, or party.
It would bring considerable change to the recent rulings of Kings, Dictators, and so-called Governors.

~Linguist, Tserian Llewenar
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Tserian Llewenar made a good idea. In the past, Troll's Bane was ruled by different kinds of councils of different groups or people with links to Troll's Bane.

Maybe its time to repeat something like this, if no single persons are able to rule the town in repesenting the citizens.

Maybe its time to reactivate the old Town Meetings like of the Triumvirat - the former structure of goverment before the step was made to overgive the whole power to single persons.

Town Meetings where citizens come together and overtake the power to add new citizens and to make decisions theirself about the jobs of the town (magistrate, treasurer, judges, guards etc.). Regulare meetings which makes decisions, which have to be followed by the elected magistrate and others.

This are my proposals for you, made by my experiences than former councilor of this town.

~Lennier
Grandmaster of the Grey Rose
still citizen~
Lance Thunnigan

I agree with your idea Lennier.

~Tserian Llewenar
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Sounds like an interesting prospect. No more oppression and corruption. I hope this goes well.

~Unsigned~
Liles

Post by Liles »

What groups would be included though? I mean most groups lean towards one town or the other.

Liles
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

An old idea brought up once again. Call what new ideas you have, so long as the town retains its identity as an individual town. I would rather not have the town be ruled over by different guilds or factions, but that is my opinion.

Revlen, captain of the town guard
Lance Thunnigan

I think it would be good for the town.
What may your reasons be for not wanting a faction-ruled city, Revlen?

~Tserian Llewenar
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

In the past the town has been ruled by different factions, i am not debating weather their rule was good or not. But with different factions...such as the Gray Rose, or Kallahorn for instance, i fear the town will loose what it is, and its identity. Being that most factions that may wish to rule over the town are militaristic, i do not like the prospects of what may become of it.

Revlen, captain of the town guard.
Lance Thunnigan

Then form a new guild, dedicated solely to the runnings and happenings of Trollsbane.
A colection of trusted members with non-militaristic views.
Leave the military happening to the guard and such.

~Tserian Llewenar
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

I suppose that may be appropriate, but then who would be within this new guild? It depends on your view of 'trusted members', but i see no fault in your reasoning. There are always risks in a change of government though, we all know this, so I suppose it will be up to the people to decide, but then again, in my opinion most of the citizens are not around enough to care. I have seen elections and votes, only a small percentage of the cities citizens vote.

Revlen captain of the town guard
Liles

Post by Liles »

Am I trusted?

Liles
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Mr. Valentine seems to be back, perhaps we should give him a chance now to do what he needs to do?

F
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

I suggest a council of guilds be formed to rule the city, one representive from each permitted.

~Hazral Thorison, Deacon of the order of the light