Newbie not receiving anything on login

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

NirAntae

Newbie not receiving anything on login

Post by NirAntae »

A friend of mine has been trying to get Illa to run on her (brand new) Mac, but every time she logs in, nothing happens. It loads completely (she does see her things and the room around her), but then, nothing. Can't move, nothing shows up if she enters text, she doesn't see anything that happens around her.

I *think* she may need to update Java, but wouldn't that keep her from being able to log in at all?

Does anyone have any ideas?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The problem is, that we have nearly no knowledge about the Illarion Client on Mac.

Updateing Java could be the best step at the beginning.

Nitram
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Tried updating java. No change.

Tried both running from the download, and from the webstart. No change.

Set all the settings to minimum. No change.

::sighs::

We're running out of ideas...
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I think you really should try Nops debugging client for this.

This one prints out more informations into the log files.

Use this client, login, try to move, logout and look into the log files the client wrote. If something is in there, send everything to nop. May he is able to find the Reason for this.

Debug Client

Nitram
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

I'll refer her to that and see if it comes up with anything useful. Thanks :)
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Nitram wrote:I think you really should try Nops debugging client for this.

Use this client, login, try to move, logout and look into the log files the client wrote. If something is in there, send everything to nop. May he is able to find the Reason for this.

Debug Client
Do not do this!!!

The debug client does not run on a mac at all!

Never use the debug client without my explicit request to do so. It is a very special version and there is no guarantees as to what may happen or be destroyed when it is used at the wrong time or place.

With the original problem, Nitram is right. We don't know much about the mac version, we don't have Macs. We know there are a few mac users that got the client to run, maybe they could help.
Grant

Post by Grant »

She could always buy a new computer.
Nevas

Post by Nevas »

I've gotten the client to run on the latest version of OS X (10.4.8) on my MacBook Pro (with the Intel Core Duo chip).

If you or your friend wants to shoot me an IM or e-mail, I can try my hand at assisting you.
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Thank you Owl dear :) I will send her your way (actually, I think she talked to you before, when she was trying to get it working on her old comp. lol)