Rumors

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gil'Dran

Post by Gil'Dran »

Two farmers walk down the streets of Troll's Bane, talking to eachother about recent rumours.

Farmer 1:Did 'y'ear abou' tha' miner up in 'tha moun't'n? Shred ta' pieces by them blas'ed wolves!

Farmer 2:Whaa? Really? Wha's tha' now? Thir' 'un since them wolves appeared, ay?

Farmer 1:Shame, really. Poor fella', mus'v left his whole fam'l'y behin' an' all.

Farmer 2:Yea.. Tha' gods have mercy on his soul. But 'ey! Did 'ya 'ear 'bout 'dem fishmen?

Farmer 1:'Ya mean them Lizardmen? No, wha' about 'em?

Farmer 2:Them 'ave been chang'n their chief's or wha'v'a. Dunno 'ow their gov'rm'nt work. I's true! Barkeep told me!

Farmer 1:Bwa ha ha ha ha!! 'Ya believ' ev'ry'fin' Tha' ol' sod says, 'ey? Bwa ha ha..

The farmers lauging trails off in the distance as you can't hear them anymore..
Solumn

Post by Solumn »

News wide spread that Dwarves of Silverbrand breed pigs in surface site which near entrance of their undergrond domain. Rumors has King Fooser of Trolls Bane is the one who gave them pigs and secret of breeding.

People can't stop link those to recently events, in which Fooser is building his own house and defend Silverbrand in knights attack.
Pia Dandelion

Fuchsrudel in Greenbriar/Pack of foxes in Greenbriar

Post by Pia Dandelion »

Es gibt das Gerücht, daß es in Greenbriar ein Fuchsrudel gibt, welches jede Nacht das Dorf heimsucht, um Hühner und Hasen zu töten. Es heißt, die Bauern hätten bereits ein Belohnung für die Ergreifung der Füchse ausgesetzt.

-

There is a rumor that there is a pack of foxes in Greenbriar which visits the village each night to kill chickens and rabbits. It is told, that the farmers offer a reward for the foxes to be catched.
Pia Dandelion

Klagende Eiche/Moaning oak

Post by Pia Dandelion »

Es wird gesagt, daß im Wald westlich von Troll's Bane eine Eiche steht, die klagende Laute von sich gibt. Eine Frau mit dem Namen Achae scheint darüber mehr zu wissen.

-

It is told, that there is an oak in the woods west of Troll's Bane that produces moaning sounds. A woman by the name Achae seems to know more about it.
Pia Dandelion

Zwerg mit goldenem Bart/Dwarf with golden beard

Post by Pia Dandelion »

In Greenbriar soll es einen Zwerg geben, der einen Bart aus purem Gold hat.

-

There is to be a dwarf in Greenbriar which has a beard made from pure gold.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

over their beer some people mention, having overheard one or the other knight of Kallahorn to talk about their humble lands....
often another drunk is mentioning, to never have seen a map of the isle where a land of Kallahorn is marked....
Damien

Post by Damien »

Two old people walk over troll's bane's market, both seem to be fishermen since each one carries two baskets of these.
"Aye, a salkamaerian ship, i'd saw with me own eyes. Not som' blasted merchant boat ! It be havin' troops on board. And in the front, there be standin' som' knight in very shiny armor..." The other just nods, as they pass by.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

There's a rumor of two shiny, armoured men, bearing a strange sign on their shields, protecting and healing people in need.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

you hear rumor of a man leaving the island on a ship, but after sending a last dove to a elvan woman, the boat supposedly sank.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

a traveller tells between beers:

up north i have seen beasts, that go upright. they are dressed as humans might be, but have thick tails and heads like horses or cows...

well, he got a free beer for the story, but nobody believed him.
Atuan Silverheart

Post by Atuan Silverheart »

There's a rumor of a Salkamaerian fleet heading towards Gobiath. It is sayed, that an ancient order of paladins will come to build an outpost on the island.
steckenthis

es gärt im druidenhaus

Post by steckenthis »

auf vielen wegen durchstreift Arnold Winkelried Gobiath.
hier erzählt ihm ein halbling, dort eine elfe und wiederum an einem anderen ort ein Mensch.... es gärt bei den Druiden....

Arnold erinnert sich, dass er vor langer Zeit den Wunsch hegte, sich zum Druiden ausbilden zu lassen. Er selbst fand aber dann so viel ihm Unbehagen bereitendes, dass er sich nicht zu diesem Weg entschliessen konnte.

heute denkt er: Ich hatte recht!
Pia Dandelion

Schiff gesunken / Ship sunk

Post by Pia Dandelion »

Vom Hafen her verbreitet sich das Gerücht, daß die Esmeralda in einem Sturm auf ein Riff aufgelaufen und gesunken sei. Wrackteile des Schiffes wurden im Wasser treibend gefunden, jedoch von Ladung, Besatzung und Passagieren fehlt bislang jede Spur.

-

Rumor that the Esmeralda has run aground on a reef in a storm and has sunk is spreading from the harbour. Pieces of the wreck have been found floating in the water, but there is no trace of either load, crew or passangers so far.
Alazair

Post by Alazair »

Often times, two certain nondescript and quite unimportant farmers can be heard talking while tending their fields. One day, the following conversation could be heard...

Young Farmer: 'Ey, 'id ya know? I be hearin' th' new Mayor o' the Briar went'a missin'.

Old Farmer: Rumil missin'? Wha' ya mean?

Young Farmer: I hear 'e went walkin' into th' woods the oth'r day an' he never come back since.

Old Farmer: Ya, I 'aven't been seein' him 'round lately. Like 'e went just'a disappearin'.

Young Farmer: Hear'd a blind guy took 'im when he was wand'rin' out in th' woods.

Old Farmer: Who ya be hearin' these things from? 'At's just crazy. No blin' guy took tha May'a.

Young Farmer: I guess yo're right. Wha' eve' happen'd, I hope he's alright.

Old Farmer: I'm sure 'e is, boy. I'm sure 'e is.
Gudrun

Post by Gudrun »

in a tavern a roaming peddler tells a story.

these knights must be a stupid lot. always bragging about everything.
one of them, the boss of the kallahorn knights had to show off his sword.
a dwarf is said to have stolen it.
yeah, their holy sword of kallahorn!
no, you oaf, not that highknight! the real boss of this band of roaming knights! tha ex guvner of bane!
yessir! a dwarf! and it is said, the dwarf outran the knight!
so those knights are now without their name-giving sword....

oh, before i forget, i have a couple of fine knives for sale....
Atuan Silverheart

Post by Atuan Silverheart »

You hear the rumor of an Salkamaerian ship that was attacked and robbed by pirates somewhere near Gobiath. The ship is still sailing towards the island.
Paladin of Light

Post by Paladin of Light »

It is said that in the middle of the night a ship arrived at the docks of Gobiath, moments later screams could be heard as if people were dying. An orangy glow lit the night sky as the ship was set on fire and a figure cloaked in black walked out of the flames and onto Gobiath's soil.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

You begin to hear rumours that merchants travelling from Varshikar are beginning to fall ill and spread disease.
Paladin of Light

Post by Paladin of Light »

Rumors have it that an elf was seen cloaked in black sitting all day long and night at the entrance to Occulte Noctournalis in Hellbriar.
Chiara

Post by Chiara »

You can hear some rumors, that chiara stays since days at the oasis in varshikar. Most of the time, she sits in the sand, dandleing the upper part of her body back and forth. Often she hums a sad melody and cries quietly. Every now and then she gets some visit. Will she recover, or not?
Thorvald

Post by Thorvald »

Am Marktplatz vernimmt man Gerüchte von einigen Holzfällern. Sie haben angeblich tote Wölfe im Nordwald gefunden, doch schienen sie nicht an natürlicher Todesursache gestorben zu sein. Man hört die Holzfäller sagen, dass sie sich kein Tier vorstellen könnten, dass einen Wolf so zurichten oder zerfetzen könnte...

At the marketplace one can hear some lumberjacks speaking about some rumours. Apparently there have been found a lot of dead wolves in the north forest. It looks like they didn't die by natural causes. You can hear the lumberjack saying, that they can't imagine any animal that would be able to kill and maul a wolf like this...
Chiara

Post by Chiara »

You can hear some rumors that chiara has left the oasis of varshikar. She packed all her things in a furios manner, yet with tears in her eyes. The red veil waves softly in the wind while she is running along the street, towards Trolls Bane.
Gerron Defreny

Post by Gerron Defreny »

Vor der Taverne sind zwei Jungen, etwa im Alter von 10 Jahren in eine Diskussion verstrickt.

Dort drin sitz ein richtiger Held!
Wer denn?
Edward Cromwell!
War der nicht mal bei der Stadtwache? Was ist so besonderes an ihm?
Ich hab gehört der hat eine Horder Oger erschlagen! Mit einem Bierkrug.
Echt? Wow. Der muss stark sein

Die Jungen flüstern sich noch leiser etwas zu, kichern und rennen davon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In front of the taverne you can hear two boys in the age around 10 years arguing.

In there a real hero is sitting!
Who is it?
Edward Cromwell!
Wasn't he one of the town guards? Whats so special with him?
I heard he defeaded a horde of ogres! Only with a beer mug.
Really? Wow. He must be really strong

The boy whisper a little more quite, giggle and run away
Gudrun

Post by Gudrun »

An Lagerfeuern im Wald und in Gewölben unter dem Berge geht ein Raunen von Mund zu Ohr....

Halvdan soll König Thurberts Sohn sein!

---------------

At camp sites in the woods and in the caves under the mountains there creeps a rumour...

Halvdan is said to be King Thurbert's son!
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Strange rumors about a fairy of varshikar drinking blood to donate to the upcoming concert for the benefit of the greenbriar nation float out of the tavern.
pelopedankun

Post by pelopedankun »

You hear a rumour of an elf coming to Gobiath. He is said to be an old battle mage of a northern realm. Many people say he is older than the mainlands... but nobody really knows except for a few friends...[/i]
pelopedankun

Post by pelopedankun »

The elf, Darvy, is a friend of Pelope Dankun's. He is said to be her love from long ago.What will Amras say when he finds out?
[/i]
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

A few warriors are walking up north to the undead temple you hear a bit of their conversation.

"Did you get a letter asking you to join the Fighting Tournament?" Asks one strapping young lad.

"...What?" Says a slightly chubby and already huffing other.

"Oh you didn't? Thats too bad, yep it seems the Arena Owner himself knows about me and wants me in the Tournament, you just didn't make the cut." Says the other.

"...." Is all the chubby one can muster at this time.
Thurbert~

Post by Thurbert~ »

Soft voices carry word of King Thurberts demise over the island...
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

... the voices murmur, that he can't get over the possibility that he might have sired Halvdan....