Repairing the Town Wall

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Fooser

Repairing the Town Wall

Post by Fooser »

Greetings people of the land, and Trollsbane in particular. Currently, Trollsbane is in a rebuilding phase. Trollsbane is also at war. These are two facts that people seem to either ignore or be unaware of. The recent Negros attack perhaps opened some eyes to these facts. Before, the rebuilding was of the structure and policy of the town, now it is physical rebuilding. Trollsbane is a unique town because so many people come and go on a regular basis, many of them live elsewhere. This turns into an unfortunate situation, because very few these days show care and enthusiasm for the places they live in, both in Trollsbane and elsewhere. The recent attacks have left the town defenses damaged, and I call for citizens and donators to help us with the process of repair and rebuilding.

To my calculations, 9 paces of double wall were destroyed by siege weapons. With labor help, we will need the following to remake them:

9 silver (9)
5 hammers (5)
450 bricks (450)
180 sand (180)
10 buckets of water (10)
5 shovels (5)

While using the stone and other parts we can salvage from the ruins to help cut the costs.

During one of the Mas attacks, an inner door of the gate was broken, one from the southeastern gate, and it can be seen to anyone who passes through there. This will also need to be repaired.

I will eventually start gathering things myself, but this is also a plea to everyone who lives or works in Trollsbane to once again take interest to making your home and workplace better.

Respectfully,
Fooser I
Last edited by Fooser on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Thanks to Samantha Meryadeles for donating 9 silver, 5 hammers, and 19 bricks.

Fooser I
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Dear people of Trollsbane,

I often travel to Trollsbane for business. My safety as well as everyone's in town depend on the walls first and foremost. I would like to offer my donation for all that Trollsbane has offered to non-citizens such as myself.

I will donate all the remaining materials you require to rebuild the wall. I already have them and more sitting in my depot in Varshikar. Please contact me for a time to transport these to Trollsbane.

((Maybe today at 3am GMT?, or Friday 8pm GMT?))

Many thanks to the people of Trollsbane for keeping the city free and safe for trade.

In Service,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor of Greenbriar~
Hadre Taliset

Post by Hadre Taliset »

Dutsy Bottoms

I have been here for some time and I wonder. What trade do you not know, what things do you not have and what do you not do? You seem to do everything, know everything and are involved in almost everything. And last of all your depot seems to have a never ending supply of everything. How do you do it dusty?

Tanistian Kanea
Male Fairy
Farmer
Aprentice Druid
Junior Tailor
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

We can discuss that in private if you wish, maybe over a glass of mead? It's a long story.

I would like to say simply, that I believe those with wealth are blessed, and it's the least they can do is share it for worthy causes. It is the duty of the rich, yea, their responsibilty to help. Otherwise, what good is wealth?

In Service,
~Dusty~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Greetings Dusty,

I have heard rumors of you leaving, does this mean the island as well? Your status would be good to know, because if you plan to leave, I will take donations from others.

Fooser I
Rumil Togrin

Post by Rumil Togrin »

King Fooser I,

Dusty is leaving on a trip to rescue his only family, Rosy Bottoms, from some type of trouble. He should be back soon after he finds her safe and well.

As for his donation, Greenbriar will uphold his offer and donate to the town of Trollsbane these items:

500 Bricks
250 Sand
10 Buckets
5 Shovels

Please send a dove to me to arrange the delivery of these items.

-)Rumil Togrin(-
Mayor of Greenbriar
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I am going to the crypt, then I will be in town most of the day afterwards if you wish to meet today.

Fooser I
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Donation accepted from Greenbriar. Material collection is complete, and with some labor, the wall will hopefully be fixed soon, perhaps right after next weeks town meeting.

Fooser I
Lorian MacGintish

Post by Lorian MacGintish »

Folk of Troll`s Bane

I want to know what happens with this collection. Until now no material is given to me to repair the townwall.

Make a new collection, as long as your king is not around, or whatever. There is a Vice-King or Primeminister who can take care for this?

You have one week to contact me or to send your materials to me. It does not need much more time and the next walls beside of the damaged parts collapse too.

~Lorian MacGintish
famous magic artist and architect~
Drex Thaendrak

Post by Drex Thaendrak »

We should make a new collection. If Fooser returns then he can either return the goods he has to the donors or use them for other projects.

I am willing to pay the nine silver coins required.
If I get my hands on more of the required goods I might donate them too.

Drex Thaendrak

Merchant and Pawnbroker.
Last edited by Drex Thaendrak on Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerron Defreny

Post by Gerron Defreny »

Since Fooser is absend, for a unknows reason, i will collect the needed goods.

Another overview of the required goods:
--9---s-i-l-v-e-r--
5 hammers
--4-5-0---b-r-i-c-k-s--
--1-8-0---s-a-n-d--
10 buckets of water
5 shovels

It would be very good if you could meet me soon in the town, Mister Drex Thaendrak.

Gerron Defreny
Royal Guard

Some additional notes are pinned below
Gerron Defreny - 180 sand
Drex Thaendrak - 9 silver
Gerron Defreny - 450 bricks
Last edited by Gerron Defreny on Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Matron

Post by Matron »

I think, I can give the silver, the sand, the shovels and the hammers. maybe even the buckets.

Magnus Magnol
Drex Thaendrak

Post by Drex Thaendrak »

I will be in town the next days.

Drex Thaendrak
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Everything is already collected, the reason for delay is merely because I haven't been able to set up a good time to work on the walls. The cost of it was lowered because the people of the town will provide the labor, therefore we need to assemble and get it done sometime.

Fooser I
Gerron Defreny

Post by Gerron Defreny »

I gave all the things to Lorian MacGintish.

The wall hopefully will be repaired soon.

Gerron Defreny
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

The wall has been repaired.

Revlen captain of the guard
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

ouchsy ... meh hab noticed when meh just woke ups and whub walks intu towns in darkness.

Meh says: Destroy dem gains!

or makes lights dere fur nights.

bloody nose