Note to bards and performers

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Natilie Rosemary

Note to bards and performers

Post by Natilie Rosemary »

The isle of Gobiath is without music and dance all too often. I bring to all the idea of a performing group, where all bards and performers are united. Music and dance is to be shared, and we will all learn songs from each other and bring joy back to the land.

I ask all bards and performers to leave a note and speak of what they play. Do not fear if you are not the best player. Leave a note and state weather you would be interested in joining a guild for all the bards and performers of this isle.

-- Natilie Rosemary
-- Gypsy
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

William Elderberry,

Lute. In a slightly different ink Very well.

Genre: Pessimistic death rants.
Last edited by AlexRose on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xEleas

Post by xEleas »

I thought we already had a brothel?

UnJLsigned
Gisela

Post by Gisela »

eyes look somewhat excited when reading, gets out pen and parchment and writes very carefully

I would be interested in joining. I play a not very good lute but am always trying to improve, and can also sing.

Gisela
Natilie Rosemary

This is not a brothel, dear sir who does not wish to sign his name. This is a group of musician and dancers. I commonly visit trolls bane and the tavern is always to quiet. There is no music, and their is no joy.

As for his good sir Elderberry, I will remember your name. Would you be willing to join a group of preformers?

--Natilie Rosemary
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I do have my magic studies and my fundraising for Caelum so the key question is; would this be a paid job? If not I'm afraid I'd have to politely decline, I really do have a lot on my plate and don't have much free time. If this could be a field of work I would be free.

~William Elderberry~
Natilie Rosemary

Do not fear, you do not need to always preform. I wish to simply ban all the preformers on the isle together so that we may share our songs with each other and preform together. All money will be gotten from those who appreciate our preformace. I do hope that that you will still consiter joining. Even if it is just a hobby and an interest on the side of your many activites.

Gisela, I am glad you are still interested in joining. You will become better as time goes on.

--Natilie Rosemary
Gryphius

Post by Gryphius »

A pleasant idea indeed, Natalie. I'd be glad to share my works with those who also enjoy the art of music.

I merely play the lute, on the other hand i have an abundance of songs to offer, also some stories. Most of them in the tongue of old, though, but i'd be glad to offer whatever i can.

Sincerely,

~Gryphius Messerzunge
Natilie Rosemary

Thank you for lending your lute and your songs to this idea. It is nice to see someone with songs in the old language so even people who can't enjoy the new language can enjoy the music.

One more person who definiately wants to join and I will see if I can put up some guild papers so all may know. Gryphius, would you be kind enough to translate them, if you are able to? I hold an understanding of the old tongue, but not enough.

It would be nice to see a flute and a drum player leave a note. It will add some fullness to the music, giving us a high and a low.

-- Natilie Rosemary
Calilmal

Post by Calilmal »

Koralay, elven bardess. I sing and play my harp.
Galvin
Location: IN the middle of a cement cornfield, still thinking he is in Illarion, Role Playing his life...

Post by Galvin »

The note is written in a poor manor, almost as if a child wrote it. Some of the ink runs a bit down the page but it is still readable. Below the first signature at the bottom of the page there is a second one, written in ancient.

I can play the flute, but I'm not too good yet. Could someone give me lessons, or just try to help me, then I think I could be alright.

~Galvin Tjime
~[Anc] Galvin Tjime [Anc]

P.S. I can also make flutes, so if anyone wants some, I am happy to sell them reasonably cheap.
Hadre Taliset

Post by Hadre Taliset »

Tanistian Kanea here of course. You Natilie should already know that. I would be glad to give you some lesson galvin though I to am know master I am getting quite good.
Galvin
Location: IN the middle of a cement cornfield, still thinking he is in Illarion, Role Playing his life...

Post by Galvin »

Thanks for the offer Tan. I would be glad to have you teach me to play better. I myself can't do much else but squeak... When do you think we could meet and where?

~Galvin Tjime
~[Anc] Galvin Tjime [Anc]
Gryphius

Post by Gryphius »

Dear Natalie,

I've already undertaken various attempts to translate several songs into the tongue of new, but it is indeed a very demanding and time-consuming task, for the rhymes, the rhythm and the overall sense should be maintened in both versions - and that only works out in quite rare cases, mostly it merely sounds like utter buncombe.

On the other hand, I see no problem in translating the stories, since they're not bound to rhymes, ect. Nonetheless, there are still some songs in the tongue of new written down in my songbook, thus I still believe that no one will go short.

Sincerely,

~ Gryphius Messerzunge
xEleas

Post by xEleas »

Natilie Rosemary wrote:This is not a brothel, dear sir who does not wish to sign his name.
Johnny Lant.

Now, where are the ladies?
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Stop playing tricks you fool. Johnny Lant is dead, gone. Keep your childish pranks to yourself.
Skaalib
xEleas

Post by xEleas »

You really think so?

J L
Natilie Rosemary

I am working on making us some guild papers. After it is made we can choose three people who will edit the main paper. If there is anyone else that wants to join after this letter, I will add you to the begining papers.

--Natilie Rosemary
Noglik

Post by Noglik »

Hello! I play the lute and the flute. Although my preferred instrument is the lute. I would be happy to help you all out.

Marcho
Natilie Rosemary

I have put up some guild papers with the names of all those who have left a message here. If someone could please translate them into the old language, send me a dove with the translation and I will put them up.

--Natilie Rosemary
Gryphius

Post by Gryphius »

Translation sent, dear Natalie.

I'm looking forward to the guild's initial gathering, which will be held soon, I hope.

Sincerely,
~Gryphius Messerzunge