Just want to beef

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mark Strongarm

Just want to beef

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I need to vent about how anoyed I am by people who use a combination of four hotkeys to make their character description. One is enough, I can look you up on the players list if I am interested. With four I have to scroll up, read it all, then have people wondering why I'm not responding to them , because most people don't even read it...

also please spare me of having a whole paragraph about how charming your character is. If you have an eyepatch or some distiguishing feature that is going to effect how I should rp with you fine. But I don't need to have a whole paragraph about your chars hairdo.

Yeah got it off my chest.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Finally, I hope Arameh gets the hint
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I only have 2 descriptions, you n00b
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I have four hotkeys for Quinasa but two are for one description and two are for another, AND I use big words. I explain her hair in one sentence and everything I type is relevant to immediate roleplay. Its what the buttons are there for, for descriptions. I understand where you're going with the annoying part, and I'm not getting defensive, I'm just responding because not everyone uses it to tell how beautiful their character is and what year they were born.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

i use like... 17 hotkeys, because Baurus is THAT good lookin ;)
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

:P
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I have three. One for Dantagon in general, one for, no idea... and one for the sword he occasonaly wears.
Solumn

Post by Solumn »

Gee, I don't even have one. Am I lazy! Lazy that I am. I am lazy. :shock:
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Hotkeys?

=O
Asesino

Post by Asesino »

I don't have a hotkey... I find it a bit boring to see everytime the same description. I do always a new one... though There are some patterns.. naturally
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

*coughKEVINcough*
Errian Abêth

Post by Errian Abêth »

I only have 2 descriptions, you n00b
Which is fine, imho.
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=16788

use this or the function in the 'who is online' screen and everyone who really cares will read it. most of the characters look the same, so whatever.
Quinnalin Puideraline

Post by Quinnalin Puideraline »

i have four keys for two descriptions. Every word has an integrel part to play in Immedeate RP. Will you hate me forever Mark?

*chuckles*
Hadre Taliset

Post by Hadre Taliset »

i have 2 for main discription but i can not really make it much shorter unless i got point form style. i state is the outward appearance of him, hair eyes clothes skin color, in case of fairy and lizard, and any other distinguishing marks, one or two max, most of the time non. so that you can get a first impression of them. i have a short one that i use most offen which merly states his close but that is to remind people that my fairy is a guy not a girl. but i find one is generealy to short and doesn't have enough information to get a good picture. oh one last thing. WE NEED GUY FAIRY GRAPHICS DAMIT!
Errian Abêth

Post by Errian Abêth »

A short description is needed, otherwise you'd have to look at the online list all the time, which should be an ooc tool, anyway.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Hadre Taliset wrote:i have 2 for main discription but i can not really make it much shorter unless i got point form style. !
The same for me
Llama

Post by Llama »

Could we agree that you only hotkey when a person ASKS for it?

For example #me examines the man

and YES you do hotkey

But not you enter a room, hotkey, then everyoen hotkeys and BAM you have a screenfull of trash....
Chiara

Post by Chiara »

I agree with that. That's how i make it, i use my keys when i see that someone examines my char. Well, but i think i will miss the poses of Thariel Feuersturm :twisted:. He loves it to press the hotkeys when he's entering a room.
xEleas

Post by xEleas »

With Eleas I used to hotkey everytime there was someone I've never met around. Just so they know he's blind.
It was just a .. 4-5 sentences wide.. wouldn't take 1/3 of the chatting box.
But it was useful.
pharse

Post by pharse »

It´s like, really annoying if you join a group of 4 sitting at a table or whatever, you introduce yourself and all 4 people give their description of 2 hotkeys more or less at once.

One short description is necessary (e.g. is it a young boy or an old man etc. important stuf) and perhaps one with more details if someone examines you.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Yes, I have 4 description hotkeys.
Yes, you need to learn to keep your temper Mark, you've flipped on me for ic reasons plenty. (Just had to get this out.)
Yes, I think they are needed, though I might be able to leave a few things.
Yes, the whole charming, awesome and such part is annoying.
4 Paragraphs isn't *that* much, and you don't have to rush through every rp like crazy.
In Illa rp I sometimes write 2 paragraphs of #me's for just one or two actions, if there is no rush, and only a few chars involved that is.
Generaly mine may be long compared to some others I see. But I just don't like the '#me smiles' all the time. There are thousands of different smiles, distinguish them a bit I say.

Everyones style is different, but atleast be tollorant to the other ones.
It's not 'my way or the high way'.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

why would online webpage descriptions be ooc tool? It is how the character looks.
Theon

Post by Theon »

It might be good to be able to just right click and "View description" a person, and their description is only posted for your viewing alone. Sorry if that's already been said I didn't read it all. However, I don't mind how it is now, not everybody RPs more than "greets" and "#me smiles" anyway.
Errian Abêth

Post by Errian Abêth »

why would online webpage descriptions be ooc tool? It is how the character looks.
Because people look on it and log in or not if certain players are ig. I know, that can be handy to meet friends ingame, but is also abused.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Duh. come on guys, if Mark is annoyed its not because some people have 4 or 6 descriptions, its because some of them use loads ---> AT ONCE <---, some can spam the whole text bar and when we are a bunch of people, it can become impossible to follow. Those feeling offended because they have 4 descriptions should rethink a little, unless they did use the 4 at once.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

to be honest i try not to use any hotkey descriptions.

mainly because when people do 2 or more i dont read it all and just skip it.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

I always kept it to one hot key. If they wanted specifics, I hand typed in then.
krazytoe

Post by krazytoe »

Taylor wrote:I always kept it to one hot key. If they wanted specifics, I hand typed in then.
same
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

i use two. one describes her facial features like eyes, voice, etc. the other one her body. what she wears, what body she has, and so on