Inappropriate Storylines

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Damien

Post by Damien »

I don't like player requests that say "my char is half orc half dragon plz max my strength thx".
Also, as long as players ingame would roleplay super-abilities (like once the "vampire" who was standing around claiming to be invisible because being blended into the surroundings), forget about such beings being played.

As long as there's no engine support for it, let it be, or you risk a clear and simple permanent character ban.

That's all, and the staff won't discuss about that.

--
Since the most of this somewhat useful titled topic turned into spam and unnecessary discussions about fixed things, i will most likely not continue reading in it.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Kevin Lightdot wrote:Chars in Illarion are quite very much different from those in rl. We have very few warriors with fears. Near every character is nice, beautifull, awesome, cunning, extraordinary and what ever.
Mine aren't! All my characters have huge disadvantages. Go me.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Nalzaxx wrote:
Mr. Cromwell wrote:
Nalzaxx wrote:The problem wasn't IC it was OOC.

We announced ourselves openly and walked freely because we were IC strong enough to do so.

I didn't rekon on having to hide it from people OOC.

It was the moaning OOC that destroyed our will to play the Temple. Not IC events.
And why were you strong enough? Because you were loaded with advantages unavailable to other people normally?
Because we had half a dozen active members who worked as a coherent force. Most of what happened was with the playerchars.

It is easy to point the finger and yell 'pushed' when you fail. It is not so easy to accept you failed because you believed that we should be wiped out with clouding all the members.

A lot of the problems with the Temple arose from the fact that many players though it was a quest which should be solved and beaten by the good guys. In actual fact it was intended as permanent support for evil characters, and the help we recieved was so we couldn't be wiped out.

In short, we were pushed so you couldn't do what you thought you should be able to do.

However, that is all in the past now, next time, you won't even know we exist. Or maybe we do already.
Not that I mean to accuse you of anything, but isn't it then a bit unfair logic to justify your distinctively open behaviour in a sitiuation where you know that you could not be beaten at all? If you say that:
It is not so easy to accept you failed because you believed that we should be wiped out with clouding all the members.
[..]
many players though it was a quest which should be solved and beaten by the good guys. In actual fact it was intended as permanent support for evil characters
There wasn't a way for the good guys to win in the first place. Hence if there was no way to win, I find it rather unfair to accuse the failures of good characters to act properly in the sitiuation.
It all sounds like quite provocative behaviour to me.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

I don't see why you argue the whole temple thing once more. I have two main points:
1. The temple char's were pushed for a reason by the staff, and the staff could have decided to unpush them, but they didn't. There must be a reason for this.

2. IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!! The whole temple was ages ago and it has stopped now, and I think no more pushed char's exist (well none that do anything major). This arguement achieves nothing. So maybe it is easier to stop.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

The only temple char that was pushed was nalzaxx slightly (i think)
Everyone else had no mods whatsoever
Retlak was not intended on being pushed but his graphic (which was required for the rp) just so happened to give him huge bonuses. I realised this and stopped fighting chars back then, unless of course i could not help it.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Dravian got full rune set, Retlak got items that if you consider Samantha Meryadeles pushed for having items given only by gms, then Retlak was also pushed. And nalzaxx was fully skill pushed as well as constitution pushed.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Garett Gwenour wrote:Dravian got full rune set, Retlak got items that if you consider Samantha Meryadeles pushed for having items given only by gms, then Retlak was also pushed. And nalzaxx was fully skill pushed as well as constitution pushed.
Dravian didn't get no fucking rune set. :lol:
He got 10 runes. Good try though.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

well nonetheless 10 runes is far more then any mage on the "good" side got ;)
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Garett Gwenour wrote:well nonetheless 10 runes is far more then any mage on the "good" side got ;)
Of course, Samantha, Djironnyma.
They don't count right.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

:? thats a good point, but they were given skills and runes to equal dissatisfaction among the players in general as well. So deal.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

They arent supposed to be on the 'good' side though, I thought they were supposed to be neutral, SUPPOSED, cant tell its what happening currently..
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

I recall a very anti-cultist Samantha...She once said something about buring all the cultists at a steak..mmmh steak.

Btw..ask Retlak how he got to the island :P talk about a sweet srotyline.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

thats a good point, but they were given skills and runes to equal dissatisfaction among the players in general as well. So deal.
we never got any skill. dont say something like that.
They arent supposed to be on the 'good' side though, I thought they were supposed to be neutral, SUPPOSED, cant tell its what happening currently..
and we dont have to be neutral or are supposed to be. it is djironnymas own wish to be "neutral". our chars can be whatever they wish to be. and they can be on any side they want to be
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I believe Djironnima has been skill pushed, at least when he killed Mark with 1 lightning spell would leave many to believe such, as well as Ultoris getting full runes and such would make them a little bit pushed don't you think?
Samantha Meryadeles

no spell can kill with 1 hit. not even when having 100 skill. every spell has a maximum damage amount. and the lightningspell has a maximum damage of 5000 from 10000 hp. even with 100 % skill and all luck of world you would need atleast two lightnings.
that are the technical borders of the spell
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Okay, then he did it in 2 spells.
Samantha Meryadeles

more three. 5000 is the maximum damage against a char who has no essence. essence and magic resistance lowers that damage.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

it does not change the fact he has maxed skills patric. There is no reason to continue to discuss how many spells it took for a maxed out character to kill another character when the original arguement was about Djironnima being pushed or not.
Samantha Meryadeles

he has no maxed skills. his skills are close to samanthas.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

dear garett:

1.) my skills are weaker as these from sam and even as these as from some other mages, and all other as maxed, if i remember right there is only one magic skill witch is ofer 50%....
2.) i need 3 spells to kill this mark, all other is a lie. and that you can call luck... i just retreat in the right moment :wink:
3.) play you char solong as i do, then you can start to complain again about me, but so long you are still a noob in my eyes stop lieing about me.

thx, dji
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Garett Gwenour wrote:Dravian got full rune set, Retlak got items that if you consider Samantha Meryadeles pushed for having items given only by gms, then Retlak was also pushed. And nalzaxx was fully skill pushed as well as constitution pushed.
You are speaking from ignorance.

Dravian got 10 or so runes, and half skills in SOME magic areas.

Retlak received no items.

Galthran received a special weapon that was NEVER used against PCs.

Nalzaxx gained a dozen or so runes and half skill in: magic resistance, commotio and descio. Later on through special quests I gained the remaining runes and trained as anyone else, my pervestigatio to half. I recieved NO items.

If there is a log of the actual figures then I don't have access to it.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Vampires are not cool. Stop defending them.
Miru

Post by Miru »

One thing to remember is that by the end of this age Evil almost compleatly takes over thus starting the Age of Chaos, so giving Evil extra powers is inline with the Ages of the gods. We just have to live and deal with it.

Miru Yukimitsu
Llama

Post by Llama »

*looks totally lost*
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

*looks totally lost*
me too...
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Miru wrote:One thing to remember is that by the end of this age Evil almost compleatly takes over thus starting the Age of Chaos, so giving Evil extra powers is inline with the Ages of the gods. We just have to live and deal with it.

Miru Yukimitsu
Achae *nods
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

Hello Kasume.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Going back to an earlier point i think vampires should exist, this following extract is from the illarion official website.

"Favoring the shape of death itself, this one is a master of the undead. He is the master of the Death Knights, strong unholy undead warriors. He also commands many Liches, other undead mages, necromancers and spell casters. There are rumors about a few powerful vampires under his command, but until now, none of the stories about such creatures have proven to be true."

Thus there is room for vampires
Llama

Post by Llama »

none of the stories about such creatures have proven to be true."
End :P
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Vampires do not exist. Any stories about their existance are mere legends and rumours. This is official staff policy. So there is no room for them to exist.