Hello

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Achae Eanstray

Hello

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Am new to Role Playing games but really liked what I read about this one. I'm supposed to be a Craftsman, and have a needle, but beyond that not quite sure what to do or where to go. Some VERY nice people have helped me in the game, but was curious if there is a Craftsman Union I could join, and how to make something. I tried the library but couldn't manage to figure out how to read any books :? . Would appreciate any advise. :)

(already have been killed and poisoned in the game and just my first day, sort of hope not quite so busy from now on :?: )
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Use that counter on the bottom of the screen to change the page you're reading ;)
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

William, usefull as ever ;)

Thoughout the game there are various groups whom can help. If you leave your race details ill try to point you in the right direction.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Don't trust Arist. He's the resident Pimp. But yes, If you have any questions. Feel free to post them(Or PM them :) ) and we will get back to you on it as soon as we can.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Taylor wrote:Don't trust Arist. He's the resident Pimp. But yes, If you have any questions. Feel free to post them(Or PM them :) ) and we will get back to you on it as soon as we can.
Arist is a Pimp? I didn't know that. Interesting...........:lol:

Look in the guilds section for different groups that may help. Also there is the "How to Make..." Thread in the Players section. IG, there are many who will help, just ask.

There is no single "Craftsman" Guild, but perhaps in the future.......
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

AlexRose,Aristeaus,Taylor, and Juniper Onyx thanks so much, will do more research now that I know a little better where to look! :D
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Taylor wrote:Don't trust Arist. He's the resident Pimp. But yes, If you have any questions. Feel free to post them(Or PM them :) ) and we will get back to you on it as soon as we can.
I think you mean the resident drunk. Hey Arist let me know if you can get that powerful elven wine. We will have a good time then.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Awww guys, your all so sweet

Im a pimping drunk actually
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I'm getting pretty frustrated trying to get things in my bag or even out of my hands. Any suggestions?
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Open the bag.
Drag 'n drop the items you want to be stored inside the bag in the now appearing fields at the buttom right of your interface.

If you have problems with the drag 'n drop, hover your mouse pointer directly over the item in question and wait to see the field getting highlighted.
Now you can move the item somewhere else (as long its a valid space).
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Keikan Hiru, I have spaces in my bag, and am unable to drag and drop anything from my hands, have been trying for about 45minutes to simply get my gloves out of my hands or even something out of my belt. Nothing will drag and drop.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Click and hold, wait about a second or so over the intended item to be dragged. Sometimes the server registers this command really slow for some users(Happens to me) If it still doesn't work. I would suggest uninstal, and redownload.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Thanks Taylor, found a nice person in the game named Jess who suggested I get a depot, that worked! Now it's REAL easy to move things, I had just assumed that with still spaces in the bag, there was room also. :D
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

^^ No problem. Anytime :)
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Another question, or can start a new topic if prefer. Are scissors set to be lost/broken a certain number of uses in the game? I have now "lost" two pair both at the spinning wheel-they weren't dropped but were in my hand. Is this a glitch or part of the game?
J S

Post by J S »

Happened to me once, I was cutting whool off sheeps..
I guess it happens..
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

So, certain "loss" "breakage" must be programmed in? I haven't used either that much. That frequent of a loss will make it difficult to attempt to be a tailor. :(
J S

Post by J S »

Well it happened to me ONCE on 2 weeks of intensive tailoring.. so I doubt it's any trouble.. I believe you're simply unlucky :D
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

put the scissors in your bag or on your belt while working at the spinning wheels, don't keep it in your hands ... :wink:
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Yeah, it's a bug when you keep another item in your hand while spinning wool.
And if you want new tools, just buy them from any smith.
Most will sell scissors and such cheaply... most.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Thank you SO much for all of your quick replies, that helped a lot! Now off to find a smith! :D
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Just tell us when you need anything else, cookies are considered payment, as are black soulgems and temple member bones.

I bid 5 silvers for Retlak's ribcage!
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Kevin Lightdot wrote:Just tell us when you need anything else, cookies are considered payment, as are black soulgems and temple member bones.

I bid 5 silvers for Retlak's ribcage!
ROFLMAO

also 5 for Ku's butt from me :twisted:

EDIT:
wait ... I reconsidered ... 5 are way too much ... 3 will do :wink:
Last edited by Aurora on Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

I warn you, smithing is terribly hard to learn
Solumn

Post by Solumn »

It's not. Depends your character. If you are dwarf, it will much easy. You can mine coal, iron and smelt and forge at the same place. But you don't get food easy because more you work, more food you need.

It's like rest of crafting. Carpentering need cherry branch and log which tree will regrow instantly back. Tailor need cloth, leather and thread which you need kill some pigs.

No matter what craft you are in, it's how you get the raw material.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

But I also think smithing needs more time devoted to it than other things. I must have smithed about 2000 sheets but my smithing is not even proper green yet.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Skaalib Drurr, don't know anything about smithing, tailoring to me is hard unless I want to make shoes or a grey coat forever! Sure would be nice to have a school to go to in-game-like a newby school for those unfamiliar with RP. It's a little hard to RP and figure out how to do something at the same time without bugging everyone I meet :?, but I really appreciate everyone's help and IG am NOT ignoring anyone, just get confused sometimes by the multiple conversations. :lol:
Poots

Post by Poots »

Skaalib Drurr wrote:But I also think smithing needs more time devoted to it than other things. I must have smithed about 2000 sheets but my smithing is not even proper green yet.
You say that about smithing, but I assure you, there are much harder crafts.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Yeah like gold-smithing :)
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Skaalib Drurr wrote:But I also think smithing needs more time devoted to it than other things. I must have smithed about 2000 sheets but my smithing is not even proper green yet.
oh don't worry, it gets harder. :wink: Theres no fast track to smithing unless you have side jobs to be able to buy materials from suppliers which you have to find. Suppliers are usually devoted to one person because they want that person to make good stuff fast and sell it to them first. :wink: Even then your looking at 150-200 sheets per swirly. Sheets are majorly expensive for a learning smith too.