Situation In-game right now

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Thurbert~

Situation In-game right now

Post by Thurbert~ »

Firstly I want to admit, there is a tensed and exciting "Quest" going on right now, involving our favourite madman and power hungry governor Stephen Rothman, the dwarves and about everyone else.

But, I am serious: I hate to rp along with it.

I hate to care for my character to skill fighting skills, I hate to be clouded, beaten and mutilated by a bunch of characters that think of themselves to rule this game (this goes especially for Grant, I am sick of his open Rp of violence, he even tried to drown my character)

All of you may think what they want about the RP of Stephen Rothman but I think it can't be great enough to justify that it only centers around a circle of selected few, trying to crush and destroy everything else, all the other in-game comunities just because they have trained their way up and may now bully everyone around.

I am sick and tired of Rothman telling me over and over that the dwarves are weak and inactive and do not help others in their affairs and whatnot.

That is mixing IC and OOC at its best, for I am not responsible for dwarves being not attractive enough to be roleplayed as for example elves or humans.

I am sick and tired of this, especially if the "finishing blow" to dwarvenkind is struck right at the point when I wanted to do something against this inactivity.

Shortly before the attack there were about 7 or 8 dwarves online simultanously, while I have seen a total of about 10 dwarven characters on that evening online at one time or another.

To put this clear: Yes I am bitching about in-game happenings as I think they are about to destroy the community.

Many players have already been driven away quietly by the all mighty RP of those people that think RP is backed up by a sword and skills, and especially the character of Stephen Rothman.

There are 3 PO's that clearly refuse to play Illarion while Silverbrand is in the current stream of RP.

And there are several more that have thought about quitting aswell, myself included, for I just plainly dislike the way all of this is taking.

I do not consider Illarion a game for now.

It is no fun at all to fear that everything is changed and destroyed by one player and one character, especially if you worked for Silverbrand and tried to pull the dwarves out of their depression as I did, and this work is being crushed down by the "brilliant" roleplay of someone else.

I am sick and tired of Rothman deriving his power of nobody else saying "no, we don't want that". Who is he repressenting currently?

The citizenslist of Trollsbane is overwhelming long and overwhelming inactive.

If you realy have an oppinion in this matter then voice it, all of you out there!

Otherwise the RP Stephen is based on the same inactive community as it was the dwarves for so long, and that's what sickens me.

This is a rant and I expect it to be closed immediately, but I am angry and feel I have to share this.
Grugnak Meglos

Post by Grugnak Meglos »

teh_gruntster strikes again!
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Xalliar makes a good point.
Last edited by AlexRose on Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brendill Al'Ad Kàzár

Post by Brendill Al'Ad Kàzár »

Thurbert for President!!! :wink:

May the force be with you...
Last edited by Brendill Al'Ad Kàzár on Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liles

Post by Liles »

Urrr. I'm really not going to comment on this.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Eh, Life goes on.
I mean, since when is Illarion only about getting stuff and training?!
Hmm...
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

And the town has the thieves that show up when none of us are around to kill everyone in sight, but you dont see us bitching and whining.

Its sorta dissapointing that this is the 3rd or 4th time silverbrand has been in an ingame war of domination and there is still no defense for it. And it usually ends in ooc bitching.

And just because you dont want to RP it doesnt mean you shouldnt (logging to avoid it).
Thurbert~

Post by Thurbert~ »

It's sort of disappointing how inactive greenbriar or varshikar were for a far longer time, or the state the elves are in right now.

But for some strange reason I cannot guess, they are all spared while the dwarves have to face people squatting and taking their town over and over as soon as they sense them not having much players playing dwarves around.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Thurbert~ wrote:It's sort of disappointing how inactive greenbriar or varshikar were for a far longer time, or the state the elves are in right now.

But for some strange reason I cannot guess, they are all spared while the dwarves have to face people squatting and taking their town over and over as soon as they sense them not having much players playing dwarves around.
Yea, that barricaded building with large walls and limited to one race sure doesn't hold any other advantages from the other towns. It was a strategic move, as well...declaring war isn't really a plus.
Last edited by Cliu Beothach on Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

because silverbrand, even though weak, still enjoys making enemies and insulting people for no reason
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

It makes me remember when THE DWARVES declared the war on 'stephen', really, it is just a topic in which you show 'waaaaah we lost'. The dwarves of silverbrand more than deserved it, first on Gloin bullying many people in town, until it ends up in fights, him becoming a criminal etc etc. Then Silverbrand not wanting to punish him, because of that treaty which was only advantageous for dwarves and which they never wanted to change, several posts insulting Stephen and inciting the citizents for a revolt.

And then, dwarves of Silverbrand acting all like a powerful and great army, declaring the war agaisnt Rothman (which is like declaring the war agaisnt the town since he leads it), never have they attacked though, but the WAR WAS DECLARED. How can you declare a war and not expect to be attacked?! Stephen woulnt have attacked if the dwarves in SB did help him out agaisnt theses bandits which wanted the town (which the dwarves seems to have joined now lol).

Seriously this is rediculous, the dwarves didnt have anything to back up their words, they lost, teh end, Stop crying about it.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I have to completely agree, that the dwarves have always wanted to start wars, even more so than orcs.

When they lose the moan.
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Thurbert,

I cannot tell you how UTTERLY dissapointed I am with your failure to understand what game you are playing exactly. This is Illarion. This is a roleplaying game. As in real life, countries and cities get invaded. Just because you lost your city doesn't mean the world needs to bend over backwards and ban Stephen because he kicked your ass.

He has the correct roleplay and minipulitive powers to make him the most powerfull character to in game. Not to mention, the bandits have almost tooken over town at this point. So saying no one else cares about him IG is a total lie, just like the rest your points.

As with your last post, this is all complaining, and as you put it 'bitching, in OOC. We don't like that. Stop doing it.

I probably wont be responding to any replies to this. It is sickening enough to read your post.
Daidalos

Post by Daidalos »

Ku 'Agor wrote:We don't like that.
Who's 'we'? Just curious. Oo
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Daidalos wrote:
Ku 'Agor wrote:We don't like that.
Who's 'we'? Just curious. Oo
We all lie. x)
---

I was using it to express the community. Of course, I can surley change this if you agree with OOC yelling and bitching pointlessly. :)
Markous

Post by Markous »

Is there any need for bitching topics like this one?
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

This is not bitching this is arguing..at least, not yet ^^, I dont think there's anything more to be told here.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Salathe wrote:And the town has the thieves that show up when none of us are around to kill everyone in sight, but you dont see us bitching and whining.

Its sorta dissapointing that this is the 3rd or 4th time silverbrand has been in an ingame war of domination and there is still no defense for it. And it usually ends in ooc bitching.

And just because you dont want to RP it doesnt mean you shouldnt (logging to avoid it).
Who said I wasn't bitching? :wink: Anyways, IG Stephen is trying to take over the isle, I think. So everyone will have to make one of these posts :P
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I agree with Dan(Arameh) up there.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Thurbert~ wrote:It's sort of disappointing how inactive greenbriar or varshikar were for a far longer time, or the state the elves are in right now.

Its simple really.

The reason Stephen wont attack is as follows :

Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

I also agree with Arameh, I mean I have people just come up and start say 4 or 5 words, and then start killing me, but you dont see me bitching about it. I know that part of their character which is hating orcs. If you wanna talk about races not being play its an orc. Who want to play a character no matter where he goes, he going to find someone that hates him. The way I see it too, If all the dwarfs are inactive, then why should they have a town anyways, that shoudnt be the main desion to play a race anyways.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Neato, can I have that girl's telephone number? ;)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Grant wrote:
Salathe wrote:And the town has the thieves that show up when none of us are around to kill everyone in sight, but you dont see us bitching and whining.

Who said I wasn't bitching? :wink: Anyways, IG Stephen is trying to take over the isle, I think. So everyone will have to make one of these posts :P
He sure is.
Drogla

Post by Drogla »

stephen gets turne dinto a babe, WOW, damn, seriously!

but i gotta say two things on this. The whole stephen thing with invasiona dnw aht not-yea, it gets a bit obnoxious (especialy since i was insactive when it started. Came back bcuase thurbert mentioned he was incharge adn could add people to the citizen list)
But over all, OOC, this is just fine for me-neither will harm me, everyone wants to buy weapons and crap, and i can get in and out of the silverbrand now, never could before. Mining coal and iron has never been so pleasent and convinient!
Athian

Post by Athian »

actually Varshikar isn't truely inactive, it's just empty becuase we don't really have much to do there often. in fact there's usually four of five Varshikar people on at least durig the day, but they wander rather then staying in one place.

and yea, we're small and we might get taken over one day, but then who knows what will happen. ogres might just start showing up all day everyday. or plagues of wasps, or skeletion hordes. might be alot harder to hold onto then ya think. (i.e. don't screw with my town :wink: :twisted: )

i dont feel Stephen is doing a bad job IG, in fact there are about four different factions planning on murderering him, now thats what i call love people. Silverbrand in itself needs a new organization method. since it's the kind of place that can truely become barren with player activity. but you can sort that out after the smoke clears on this six way war.
martin

Post by martin »

Stephen, will you come and visit me?

Martin
Poots

Post by Poots »

I really don't see what's so bad about this, it's not like you're stephens slave now, he even said he would try to expand the dwarven city.

crying about how he took over you guys and not elves, and others? well he had to take someone first, he going for world ( or island) domination!
Deinarious

Post by Deinarious »

This could be another reason why I haven't been ingame much lately.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

This is why irl people usually think twice about making war. Because one side will lose. If I'm not wrong Silverbrand declared war on Stephen. War is fought by swords not words. I dont see how a war would not involve fights, and therefore inevitable use of skills.

The game has always been set where one person can make something, and another take it away. Varshikar was Kallahorn, which was origionally Darlok's domain.

A game can not revolve entirely around roleplay as long as skills exist. It can't be that everything must be roleplayed in one way or another, but roleplay and skills must be used in balance. There is no point in being a warrior if you have no fighting skills etc.

It seems that there is a major conflict, but someone is losing and then does not want to join in.

Some famous historical figure once said, "We make war that we may live in peace."

I think. Well, it is a quote from Rome total war.

On a final note : Win or lose, all you have is nothing.
Poots

Post by Poots »

Well, it is a quote from Rome total war.
great game, if only wars could be like that in Illarion.