Game suggestions

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Athian

Post by Athian »

it really doesn't matter, if people want to continue with the killing spree's they'll find a way, weather that means using potions, or using poisons. when death system is amp'd up the way it is, it doens't just effect PVP but PV pretty much anything. i feel for the newbies now who can be killed and loss even half there language skill.

more over crippling characters is not any good if a learning system can't support the relearning of skills.

i would perfer a knock out system over this currently, mass skill loss is not the way to go. im sure everyone will notice when the next mass npc attack happens. (and not the friendly ones you've all been getting). this will definatly change the fac of roleplay, to the point where everyone guards there skills like gold. because two deaths can put them near back to the beginning of there training.

edit: lazy mans type-o fix
Last edited by Athian on Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Athian wrote:i owuld perfer a knock out system over this currently, mass skill loss is not the way to go. im sure everyone will notice when the next mass npc attack happens. (and not the friendly ones you've all been getting). this will definatly change the fac of roleplay, to the point where everyone guards there skills like gold. because two deaths can put them near back to the beginning of there training.
Yes. Yes, yes, yes. Make you get 'knocked out' before you actually die. Go ahead and make the items drop when you get knocked out if you want, but not the skills... make there have to be 1-2 more hits after you get knocked out before you die.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Seeing the commotion that is stemming from the death system, I think its intents might be working well. Once the bug is fixed that is.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

NirAntae wrote:
Athian wrote:i owuld perfer a knock out system over this currently, mass skill loss is not the way to go. im sure everyone will notice when the next mass npc attack happens. (and not the friendly ones you've all been getting). this will definatly change the fac of roleplay, to the point where everyone guards there skills like gold. because two deaths can put them near back to the beginning of there training.
Yes. Yes, yes, yes. Make you get 'knocked out' before you actually die. Go ahead and make the items drop when you get knocked out if you want, but not the skills... make there have to be 1-2 more hits after you get knocked out before you die.
It was planned..I wonder why it has not been achieved, it would be great and no more clouding in trainings.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

We need an all out 500 npc battle with this negros war, and then regular large battles every 5 hours for a montn, with regular all out 500 npc battles every weekend.

THen everyone would be scared of death
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

And salathe would tower over everyone stat wise. Even more then now.

That sounds wonderfull.
Talaena Landessi

Post by Talaena Landessi »

Okitay i read the first page..thats all so i dont know if what im saying has been said.

-Dove sytem IG is a good idea in my opinion. Though i dont think they should be sent instantly. And maybe you have to buy the animal (maybe you can have different birds that have different speads, faster it is, the more it costs. But you would just have to buy it once). The distance between you and the other person should be taken in consideration, and you shouldnt be able to send or recieve letters underground.

-Death should penalize only Str/Con/Agil and MAYBE dex.My reason for this= Str your gonna be weak, not able to lift much or mess with heavy stuff becouse it would put you in pain and would make your wounds worse. Con your gonna be more frail then normal when your hurt ...DUH!. Agil, your not gonna be able to move fast becouse your hurt. I dont know about Dex id leave that up to someone else to figure out an excuse.

I think this is better then skill loss becouse it doesnt make much sence to forget stuff that youve been practicing becouse you get hurt...i dislocated my elbow and shattered a bone (at once) and after about a year with a cast/brace/physical therapy and three perment pins and a screw i went back to playing basketball and could still shoot three pointers as good as before.

How long these penalties last is up to the gms, though i think they should last at least one RL day (allow players to RP further injury and pain). It should be least a -5 if not more (i would prefer more)Penalty to the said attributes

- Knockout system. Item loss should be during this period. No matter the damage of the last attack you should be left with one hp left. After that the person has to retarget you to kill you. When your knocked out you cant do any actions, and maybe a emote should pop up automatically saying "_ has been knocked out"

-Perm death. With the knockout system there should be a perm death system. You have just knocked out a person, given the ability to take thier stuff, and cripped thier attributes, You need not take the last attack to send them to the cross. My idea is that you should be given three strikes to be killed during PvP before there is a 50% chance that you will be perm deathed next time you are killed by another player. I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE PERM DEATH FROM BIENG KILLED BY NPC -OR- QUEST CHARACTERS (becouse thats kinda unfair they are all super and stuff)
Grant

Post by Grant »

I like all those points besides the last one. Grant get's pked to much :x
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Perm death should never be forced on a player

And have only main combat stats, reduced after death, and not mage stats isnt balanced at all
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I agree with Salathe, realism is not good if its not fair enought,
Talaena Landessi

You dont think perm death would be less common if there was a knockout system?

I mean say Rankor and Grant are fighting. Rankor wants to get back at Grant. Rankor beats the hell outta grant and grant ends up dropping. The "You have been K.O'ed" message apears and rankor take grants items (if he wants) spits on grant, then says some derrogitory thing and walks off. 1-5mins later you wake up(now that i think about it. The time your knocked out can be based off of your NORMAl constitution score) severely hampered, itemless (if the items were taken), and in some bitchin pain.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Putting other players incharge of your character's permanent death will always lead to more permanent death ingame.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Perm death sucks.

End of story.
Talaena Landessi

The UO shard i play on has perm death system and there are hardly ever people who actually get killed. The only people to actually die are people who deserve to die as in criminals(but usually they get jailed or put on the KOS or JOS list of the npc town gaurds.) and vampires.

But if people play fairly it wont be a bad thing. And that would help with the "i dont give a damn about dying"

but if my other ideas were put to use i think people would take care not to get killed.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Here we go with the honor system.
That doesn't work.

Say.. oh.. GMuber gets hax0red. And he goes around and kills about 75 people before the account is returned and the hacker Ip banned.

Now, that's alot of unnessicary trouble to go through to hand-ressurect each and every single person!
harky

Post by harky »

i response to Ku's earlier comments; perhaps it is YOU, yes YOU who is the idiot Ku. I say this because instead of commenting sensibly on my perfectly reasonable post (i was only playing devil's advocat, by the way), you dismissed it without considering the validity of its points and called me and idiot for posting. So yes ku, perhaps i am an idiot, but perhaps you are too. And when you say this 'sitting around' is rping, i agree with you to a point, but the rp is therefore gentile, and boring. If death was not feared players would embark on dangerous and exciting quests, which would add glamour to the game. There would also be plenty of time for sitting around trollsbane though
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

If everybody and his dog would go and do "dangerous" quests, how could they even be considered dangerous anymore?
They'll be dull and boring because everyone can do it.

Solo-Demon-Slaying Days are long over.
harky

Post by harky »

i think this is right actually. everything is about risk and gain. If the gain could be large then the risk must also be large. However i still dont like being called an idiot for playing devils advocat.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

"Risk and gain" is something completly different to "Lower death so I can kill more stuff".

You aren't the best advocate for the devil, leave it to the pro's. ;)
harky

Post by harky »

harky wrote:however, does anyone think that death should NOT be feared so then people will try more daring things, instead of everyone just sitting around being afraid to do things for fear of dying. And it might mean that if players find a hard NPC monster they will try and fight instead of just log out. And we all now more daring thingss means better roleplay
what i was saying is that here i was playing devils advocat, to see if any other people thought like this. My real views are that death must have some disincentive, but not so much as it puts back months of playing. And for what it's worth i shal not 'leave it the the pro's'.whoever they are. Isn't the point of this forum that everyone who plays can have an input? :wink:
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Making death useless is crap, it will make quests crap simply because no one fears anything, no one cares about getting killed, it would prevents tons of great RP that you do not seem to know of, Ku is right, I suggest like Keikan, you play the game more than a few days and when you know about it then you should post suggestions -.-.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

harky wrote:i response to Ku's earlier comments; perhaps it is YOU, yes YOU who is the idiot Ku. I say this because instead of commenting sensibly on my perfectly reasonable post (i was only playing devil's advocat, by the way), you dismissed it without considering the validity of its points and called me and idiot for posting. So yes ku, perhaps i am an idiot, but perhaps you are too. And when you say this 'sitting around' is rping, i agree with you to a point, but the rp is therefore gentile, and boring. If death was not feared players would embark on dangerous and exciting quests, which would add glamour to the game. There would also be plenty of time for sitting around trollsbane though
Frankly, I like the system the way it is now that I've learned to live with it.

Death is no longer just a small period of clouding in which you lose a level and mabey an item or two. No, you lose everything and then some. I woulden't change this, because while everyone is afraid of fighting each other and praying for this 'glitch' to finish all PKing has stopped nearly.

Now Harky, I will state it clearly. I dislike you very much. That isn't to mean that I will treat your character diffrently, that doesn't mean I'll dismiss your ideas only because you posted in your thead, it doesn't even mean I'll yell at you for only being 'harky' on the forums. So to call me an idiot for dismissing an idea that would basicly bring the game to it's knees simply because you think I'm doing the above things proves my reasoning of disliking you.

But along with the information above, I add to the fact that other players are mean. Some people would accualy kill an IG character for OOC reasons, and if this is the case you could just be out of luck, and that would suck. I woulden't like it if every second of my game time could not only be instantly cut off from an average power-trained Joe walking down the streets.

And that, my friends, is why I don't like this idea.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

maybe there should be a merchant skill, so that more experienced traders can get a better price for their goods.
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

how would you make other players follow that skill though.

Im going to jump on the banwagon and agree with Ku, My character is a smith, not a fighter so if some prick that has been playing just for a couple of day could kill my character and perm kill him that would suck after working so hard to get his tools for his trade and making him a good smith., everyone would be figther or mages just because in defense of their character. This would also make tons of killing Tank instead of the avagre fighters too because everyone would be training to fight back.
Athian

Post by Athian »

we could always make it so that for a set amount of time after death you are unable to target enemies and craft items and your MC could be made full so you can't do any learning for that set amount of time . basically like a forced time out.

and of course skill loss item loss and all that, but this way characters can still rp, but they can't do anything. this way we don't have people running right back into quests and we don't have to frag there skills. just a thought
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

I say we add the unconciousness then perma-death.
Athian

Post by Athian »

perma death is not going to happen, and i don't think thats ever going to change, which is why instead of ranting about it, we should think of an effective alternative
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

Then add unconciousness then major skill loss like the one we have now.
Athian

Post by Athian »

but how do you distingush major skill loss. this has happened to several of my characters lately, they lose skills in a bunch of related and unrelated catagories and overall it doesn't make sense. that goes back to crippling characters

lets say for example one skill takes one month to make green. you have five green skills. you die once now you have five blue skills. it will now take you five months to regain just that competent level of skill.

people need to stop just saying 'major skill loss' because it shows they haven't thought it through. most people odn't even run numbers through there heads before calling for that. or amounts or number of skills decreased. so basically it's something no one can work with, because people are to lazy to set some specifics.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I agree. Especially now with these bandits around who kill on sight and won't do rp fights. I had to get Nitram to restore my COMMON this morning.