newbies

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

harky

newbies

Post by harky »

today i have already been attacked by two new playes, and more and more players come in with no idea of the rules and customs. It is becoming a problem (at least for me). If anyone has any ideas or thoughts please post.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

try talking to them first, most of them are really looking for help
*sigh* though I have to admit it's annoying to learn that most of them haven't even read the manual

I "teach" them main and most important things like ooc whisper, getting into contact, things disappearing (cause I met some who lost their copper *g*) and then tell them to read the manual ... works fine most of the time :wink:
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I don't see, why it is against the rules to attack you.

And two newbes who attacks randomly is nothing unusual.

I don't see a real, big, new problem there.

Nitram
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

I don't think he said it was a new problem. I also don't think there is any solution other than to try and help them. I myself was attacked by a newbie today.(Who wouldent respond to anything I typed.)
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

If there are newbies that seemingly won't react to anything you said to them or any of your help attempts, and continue to attack your character without reason or roleplay, you should contact the GMs.
We'll talk to them and deal with that matter.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

We've all had it, and not all of them will listen, no matter how nice you are to them.
It's simply going to be like that untill there's some kind of tutorial. I've played a few other roleplaying games to and they all have that, we'll just have to live with it for now. It's not THAT bad.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

at least you didnt have to get attacked and afterwards be told "OH GOD, sry i though you were a mouse monster!" I guess my lizard confused him a little. :lol:
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

Atleast you didn't get a noob saying "omg u is gay i h8 u"
Jalen Noel

Post by Jalen Noel »

I say the first thing you teach them is what they look like as a ghost... THEN move on to the finer points.
Hadre Taliset

Post by Hadre Taliset »

yes very nice. Always a new experience veiw from a ghost. I like that idea personally. :D although some don't need that
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

There was this noob dwarf (1180244557) who just ran around not listening and attacking us, it was really funny. This was about 8 months ago.
Thurbert~

Post by Thurbert~ »

Today I had to help not one but two (!) newbies, with a third idling next to us.

Anyways I'm fairly sure that Magnus Magn~ something and the elf Bel.. damn I'm bad with names... will add to the community pretty soon, they actually listened to what I tried to explain to them!
Farfara

Post by Farfara »

I had to deal with one today named "Bimbo." I'm not kidding. He tried to tell me that I was a doughnut.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Bimbo doesn't exist anymore.