I'm a lizard.

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

Check your account, if it is lizard, your stuffed like Stephen and Salathe.
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

Crap, Jon Childs is a goblin!
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Hm... so far...

Silas is a lizard.

Salathe and Maggie are gnomes.

Stephen is a fairy.

Jeremy is an elf.

Dinendal is a dwarf.

Anyone else?

-.-
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

Stuffed means fucked....Jon Childs a freaking Goblin! Nooooooooooooooo!

on the account to.
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Xalliar wrote:Hm... he is also a lizard in my account.
So what does it mean then? ^^
(And what's "stuffed"? )

EDIT: Aaaah okay, then I guess it's not because god hates me.
Nope, not god, just 'a' god... ie, a GM. ;)

And add Alicia is a goblin.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

I'll clear it up.
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

::waits (almost) patiently::
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I'm a dwarf again...
Wasn't the quest over?
Dinendal Narmolanya

Post by Dinendal Narmolanya »

Dinny misses being his normal elfyness *sniffles*
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

Yes we've just been told off for oocingg about this, we were told its a quest.

One fucking crappy quest.....Who the smile thought off this peice of shit?
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Well, I like the idea but there could've been a little explaining at first so we didn't all think it was a bug. Ofcource that would take some of the exitement out... I actualy asked Nitram to change me back cause I thought it was a bug at first. And he did.
Dinendal Narmolanya wrote:Dinny misses being his normal elfyness *sniffles*
We should start a dwarven rebellion ;)

It's not all that bad... I can live with being a dwarf for a day or two.
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

To the GM who did the 'telling off' as Jon so aptly put it...

I'm sorry, but that was *completely* uncalled for. Thanks for really ruining my desire to play right now.

Okay, we were talking OOC a lot about it. But if this was a quest, there should have been an IG, *RP* reason for these characters to be other races. Yes, for me, and Stephen, and Salathe and debateably even Kevin, there was. But Jeremy, Alicia, and Dinendal were *nowhere near* when that happened, hadn't even *heard* about it till *I* told them about it. One was in Varshikar, one in Vanima, and I dunno where Alicia was. If you want people to play along with a quest, it needs to be *CLEAR THAT IT'S A QUEST!!!* It *really* looked like it was some sort of goof-up in the account system, or perhaps something had gone wrong with the implementation of the quest at the very least. Personally, I think that's a ****ing good reason for some OOC discussion, explaination, note comparing, and yes, complaining and frustration venting!!!
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

I still think 'lets do normal RP' is better than 'Lets do a really shit quest that looks like a bug, ha ha, it'll be so crap'
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

NirAntae wrote:To the GM who did the 'telling off' as Jon so aptly put it...

I'm sorry, but that was *completely* uncalled for. Thanks for really ruining my desire to play right now.

Okay, we were talking OOC a lot about it. But if this was a quest, there should have been an IG, *RP* reason for these characters to be other races. Yes, for me, and Stephen, and Salathe and debateably even Kevin, there was. But Jeremy, Alicia, and Dinendal were *nowhere near* when that happened, hadn't even *heard* about it till *I* told them about it. One was in Varshikar, one in Vanima, and I dunno where Alicia was. If you want people to play along with a quest, it needs to be *CLEAR THAT IT'S A QUEST!!!* It *really* looked like it was some sort of goof-up in the account system, or perhaps something had gone wrong with the implementation of the quest at the very least. Personally, I think that's a ****ing good reason for some OOC discussion, explaination, note comparing, and yes, complaining and frustration venting!!!
I'm with her.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Calm down Jen... Don't get yourself banned or anything.
Eviliel Eandil

Post by Eviliel Eandil »

From what I heard Dinendal wasn't even online when it happened.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Just calm down, have a cup of tea and be happy.
As I already said
Arien Edhel wrote:I'll clear it up.
The staff is talking about.
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

Now we can't even whisper OOC about without getting told off either..... We get nitram saying "I warned you".....We had a good reason to OOC....If these crappy quests continue....F*ck illarion.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

*sigh*
Its not THAT bad...
Last edited by Kevin Lightdot on Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Arien Edhel wrote:Just calm down, have a cup of tea and be happy.
As I already said
Arien Edhel wrote:I'll clear it up.
The staff is talking about.

::seethes, fumes, takes a few deep breaths, and nods::

I was fine until getting chewed a new ***hole about the OOC about this by a GM. That was just too much for me.

Sorry.
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

there are times, when we need to talk ooc.

if there is a quest, and we dont get all the informations, that we as PO needed, whe can make good solutions. I was playing pen & paper for many years, and our player didnt mixed the ooc and the ig.

We had two players, a thief and a lord. the lord was pretending to be his friend, and only tries to stell all his jewelry. the Pos knew about this and it was very funny to see the chars interact.

If they didnt talk ooc about this, it had been able, that they could misunderstood eachother.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Samantha is now a Goblin.,..

i wasn't online too *coughs*
Samantha Meryadeles

The problem is...i was not there when the quest happened...i and my char have no knowledge about it...i heard others got changed back, the priest told them how...a cow and a mushroom...great. but i WAS NOT THERE. i know not who the others are, what happened, or what cow and mushroom he meant.

a little information over pm for those who got changed would have been better
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

I was there when the people were turned to pigs, but not any other races
Rinya

Post by Rinya »

All of those who say they were not online "at the time" have not missed any specific event. It is a gradual thing, your char cannot even be changed in this way without logging out first anyway. There is also a post in Rumors related to it. If it is boring all of you and you even lose motivation to play because of it, I will push the big red reset button. There is no reason to continue the quest.
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

If you could tell us what happened (I.e: A crazy priest, a bug in the air) then I'll be ok with it. Give us a description of the quest.
Samantha Meryadeles

I would just like to know if there is a possibility to change it back ingame...see, we got no informations. my magechar for example wakes up and is a goblin...there was no pm, no explanation...she just was a goblin. and than she hears a chaos priest was changing peoples...

which possibilitys has she now to change back when the chaos priest is gone and the quest or event is over? or just running for those wo were ingame the moment?
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Okay, I need to explain myself a bit better I think.

I have *no* objection to the quest itself. I will gladly play a gnome for years if I have to. What I object to, is characters logging in to randomly find themselves another race, with NO explaination whatsoever, IC or OOC. The pigs thing was fine, there was the mage, there we transformed, cool. I had more fun playing a pig trying to get people to realize who I was than I have in a long time, frustrating as it was. But there has been NO explaination for these people who logged in and are randomly finding themselves another race.

And, as to the 'losing motivation to play'... that was more the GM who chewed us out for discussing this OOC than the quest itself. When there is such a frustrating and confusing thing happening, there is *going* to be some amount of OOC chatter. And I'm sorry, whoever that was was really rude about it, quite nasty. The *only* reason I ended up signing back in as Maggie in the next few days was that someone she's really been wanting to see for a while logged in. Seriously, if one char is the primary one causing a problem, address that one char. If the group needs a mild warning, and one char a more severe one, do that. Don't rip apart an entire group for something that is bound to happen over something *you* have done.

I mean, honestly... most of you know me. You know I don't just bitch and moan for no reason. The quest would probably be fine with a little more *explaination*, either IG or OOC, so people would have SOME idea of what was going on. Not just randomly wake up as the wrong race.

I really think this has been mishandled. It might be a fine quest, honestly, it's just been gone about backwards. Explaination first, effect afterwards. This has been done effect first, explaination presumably coming at some point.

Edit:
And, as Samantha pointed out, hand in hand with 'explaination' is 'possibility to solve the problem'.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Hmm....Misjilah became orcess. ^_^ I guess it runs in the family. ;)

Anyhow, I like playing this. I am going to wreak havoc ingame nows.
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

NirAntae wrote:And, as to the 'losing motivation to play'... that was more the GM who chewed us out for discussing this OOC than the quest itself. When there is such a frustrating and confusing thing happening, there is *going* to be some amount of OOC chatter. And I'm sorry, whoever that was was really rude about it, quite nasty. The *only* reason I ended up signing back in as Maggie in the next few days was that someone she's really been wanting to see for a while logged in. Seriously, if one char is the primary one causing a problem, address that one char. If the group needs a mild warning, and one char a more severe one, do that. Don't rip apart an entire group for something that is bound to happen over something *you* have done.
'Twas Nitram