Vote

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Garett Gwenour

Vote

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Two relevant issues are raised in the past week.

The Tavern: Should it be taxed as the Seahorse and Shop? (yes or no)

The Blackstone Cult: Should they be disbanded immediately or treated fairly until the trust is broken? (Yes or no; and if you have the time elaborate on your beliefs)

I thank you,
Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls Bane
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

Sloppy handwriting is written underneath

Should I (Governor Rothman) stay governor? (no, and no only)
Poots

Post by Poots »

As tax collecter of troll's Bane, I say yes, the tavern should be taxed it is withen City boundries.

The blackstone cult should also be allowed to practice their beliefs. and if they use them for destruction, they shall recieve the same punishment as any other criminal.

~Allen~
jregan91

Post by jregan91 »

i vote yes that it should be taxed (its on trolls bane land) and also yes until they hurt or become destructive we should permit the blackstone cult

~~peter kelly~~
Damien

Post by Damien »

No for the tavern taxing, this will cause trouble with the dwarves who see the tavern as a kind of embassy.

The cult should be disbanded immediately, since their doing will definitely cause harm after a while, if not hidden already.
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

No for tavern taxing.

Yes for disbanding the blackstone cult. They already broke law by cutting Midrusio's head within the town walls! What else should happen till they have to pay for what they are doing - act now, before it is too late!

~Siltaris~
Enwell van Illdoran

Post by Enwell van Illdoran »

No for tavern taxes. the tavern is, as far as i know, still property of Silverbrand.

Yes the cult should be banned from Trolls Bane. These kidnapping, hurting and murdering community would make your City to an absolutley danger zone, dear governor.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

1. Not the same taxes for the tavern as the other building, but a reduced tax value (maybe the half).

2. I would like to see if those blackstone cultists are banned forever until they change their belief and apologize for their crimes.

3. No.

unsigned
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

1. Yes, it should.

2. They should be disbanded.

~Brer Beothach~
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

The last three voters are invalid, two did not leave names and Brer I believe, is apart of Varshikar. Also I believe Damien's vote is invalid as he is apart of Tol Vanima and so voting in both electing elders and the foreign policy of Trolls Bane is simply unfair. I had thought I made that clear earlier.

Also, concerning the tavern, the dwarves have decided to make it their embassy without informing myself. It is a clear way for them to avoid paying any tax, however what they have forgotten, is generally when a town decides to build an embassy on foreign soil they contact the government of that town and make a deal with it. However I am used to unorthodox and heavy handed political manuvers as of late. I still wish for the people of Trolls Bane to voice their opinions on this option, people of other lands please do not show disrespect for this democratic process by trying to argue in this parchment.

Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls Bane
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Where did you get that idea, stephen?

My name is still on the list and I am not apart of Varshikar.

~Brer Beothach~
Liles

Post by Liles »

My votes

1) I feel you shouldn't tax the tavern.
2) I will not hold a grudge because of somebodies religion. If they choose to follow Buljwhater or Moshran then so be it but if they decide to cause harm then you should react

Liles
Negyth

Post by Negyth »

No to the tax for the Tavern

I dont cara about the cult as long as theyre only killing the guards who stole their things

Stephen should definitly not stay gouvernour! He changes laws as he wants, he makes people angry, so that they dont help and the city gets dangerous. Since Stephen is gouvernour, the town gets worse and worse wich every day.

Negyth, the banned dwarf, who was killed five minutes before the bann by a robber in front of Eliza's
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Yes the tavern has to be taxed.
A part has been torn apart
Last edited by Arameh on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

No, the tavern shouldn't be taxed.

Not sure....I'll vote no,

Jon.
Last edited by Jon Childs on Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Negyth, you hold no power in this election, nor no say in town as you disobey my orders, and spat on me.

As for the vote
Yes. By the current relations the Dwarves have shown me. They are no more than the Orcs, I wish a private talk with Ghorn as soon as he can spare the time.

I care not for the gods, as i have small faith in them at all. This one in particular though, is a threat. But as they have done nothing, nothing shall be done to them

As it stands, the Military arm of trollsbane could take down any major onslaught of this city. We may not be able to defend the town at every waking second, But the city will not fall completely. Know this. memorize this. For it is the truth, and it is a promise.

Stephen is to stay Govener. Every one of you has your own problems. Being in a station of power such as him, publicizes those problems. Look at yourself before you bash at others.

Taylor Windslasher
Recruit of the Guard
Negyth

Post by Negyth »

Well, if i dont have the right to say what i am thinkin about stephen i will not safe the town in the future, when a troll, a red skelleton or something else what kills me three times attacks. The people can wait in the libary for some days then, till a guard helps
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

You are right Brer. I am sorry, I had thought after our last discussion you were moving away. Forgive me, your votes are valid.

Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls Bane
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

It seems that Governor Rothman deems votes invalid when they are not in favor of his policies.

The tavern should not be taxed, nor was it ever established that the governor must be contacted in order to declare something an embassy. Never has a precedent for such an action been set, thus Stephen cannot merely deem it unacceptable.

If, however, Stephen wishes to do so, then I feel that in the same right the tavern owners should have been contacted and informed when there land became a part of Trollsbane. From my readings of the history books, the tavern was originally founded outside of Trollsbanes limits, and Trollsbane merely declared the territory its own. if the dwarves were informed they would be taxed when Trollsbane annexed it (from my readings I cannot see the dwarves as being informed of anything at all) they would not have agreed. Under such circumstances I feel it is unnecessary and illegal for Stephen to both tax the tavern and declare it illegal to establish an embassy.

Katrina
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Garett Gwenour wrote: I still wish for the people of Trolls Bane to voice their opinions on this option, people of other lands please do not show disrespect for this democratic process by trying to argue in this parchment.

Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls Bane

If you want to protest the tavern's position, there is a parchment for that. This is not the parchment for you to stand on your soapbox and preach your beliefs. This is for citizens of Trolls Bane to vote their minds, please do not try and kill the democratic process by baiting others to argue with you.
Last edited by Garett Gwenour on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

The tavern should not be taxed

~Salathe Kankas
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

That does not make my post invalid and you have yet to refute any of its claims. Please ellaborate to me the flaw in my readings or a flaw in my logic. This parchment is plenty long enough to elaborate, if not please send it to me via dove, I am dying to know.

Katrina
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Garett Gwenour wrote:
Garett Gwenour wrote: I still wish for the people of Trolls Bane to voice their opinions on this option, people of other lands please do not show disrespect for this democratic process by trying to argue in this parchment.

Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls Bane

If you want to protest the tavern's position, there is a parchment for that. This is not the parchment for you to stand on your soapbox and preach your beliefs. This is for citizens of Trolls Bane to vote their minds, please do not try and kill the democratic process by baiting others to argue with you.
No arguements are made here, you are not a citizen of Trolls Bane, do not vote or spout your political beliefs. This place is not for you.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

People outside of the town of Trollsbane effect much within it. But Stephen is too short sighted to see that.

F
Enwell van Illdoran

Post by Enwell van Illdoran »

Beneath Foosers Signatur, appears the word "agreed" and Enwells Signature.
~~Signed~~
Enwell van Illdoran
-Adjutor of the greylieght
Brendill Al'Ad Kàzár

Post by Brendill Al'Ad Kàzár »

Arr... *grumbles*

Why ye wan' ta tax tha tavern! It's still property o' Silverbran' lik' tha last tim' we talked abou' it!
Ye hav' ta disuss tha' wit' me, tha other both tenants Einkill an' Scorba, Elderkin' Tialdin an' Kin' Ghorn!

If ye wan' ta mak' ye mor' "friends" tax it... *smirks*

signed: Glóin Redlaughter - Tenat o' tha Tavern
Negyth

Post by Negyth »

The citizens only want the tavern to be taxed, because otherwhise theyd have to pay more for their membership..
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

So then Fooser, how come I do not get to participate in Silverbrand's, Tol Vanima's, Greenbriar's, or Varshikar's decisions?

Surely, others effect those communities as well. If those who want to vote and are in another community complain, then they should open their ears and ballets.

~Brer Beothach~
Rowena

Post by Rowena »

I think it's wisest not to tax the tavern.

About the Blackstone cult. I have not witnessed their actions, nor have it harmed me in any way, so I think they should not be banned, even if they are workshipping Bjolmur.

Ariele Summerwind
Shadows

Post by Shadows »

No for the tavern

As the next vote seems worded strange with a yes no answer which I do not understand I shall say treated fairly untill trust broken.

Z