Another lost one

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jazzka

Another lost one

Post by Jazzka »

Hello all! Just started yesterday my travels on Illarion and well feels nice that all is RP'ing. Sad - is i cannot find any Tutors or Introductions how to get started. (read the manual and know how to fight etc) If someone kind person point some direction where to find the info i would appreciate it and finally get in to RP'ing instead of putting all my time looking something i dunno does it even exist.
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

The best recommendation is to get in game and ask for help. As I've said before, most of us will drop almost anything to help out a newcomer.
Jazzka

Post by Jazzka »

Rigth. Feels Dumb to brake the RP'ing of Ooc questions but if thats the only way i gues i got no choice :(

----Ivan Calderon----
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

try to ask them in a in game way, like ask for a mentor in a certain craft skill if you need to know about it, ask a good fighter on fighting tips. etc...
Jazzka

Post by Jazzka »

Thanks m8. Makes more sence :)
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Exactly. Ask, for example, 'Can anyone help me learn to carve?" or "Could someone help me with beginning to learn to fight?" Someone will amost certainly take you under their wing and show you around, and insert the OOC commands in an OOC whisper.

Now, if you are using the new client, there is a decent manual included. Open the client and there's a button that says 'Manual'. But it only has very basic stuff in it, like how to move and so on. Most things they want you to learn ingame, through interaction.