NPC bugs

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Llama

NPC bugs

Post by Llama »

(sorry lost the oringinal one)

1) NPC at top of tavern "I buy nothing" [shows a list of things]
2) NPC at hospital is facign the wall [!]
3) NPC inside tavern Says something about selling coal , which he doesn't
4) Mugush : "Coal or empty bottles" doesn't buy coal
5) Eliza, serinjah-sword paradox
Llama

Post by Llama »

6) Hafling at south of TB buys bread at 3 coins each, yet doesn't buy it, nor say anything well you try to sell it to him.

I wish to sell a bread
>Silence<
I wish to sell a braed
"sorry i do not buy that item"

The mistake is in actually taking and giving the money. incorrect procedure?
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

In most cases when this bug occurs, check your inventory as you shall find he has bought the items from you and given you the coin. But has failed to tell you he has done such.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

You would really help me, if you could tell me the names, of the npcs. Makes the things alot easier.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

The bug occurs with Nadir, the human within Varshikar. He does all actions correctly but fails to speak when items are purchased.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

This way it works. Fixed with the next update.
Llama

Post by Llama »

NPC at hospital : Tony Baggins Facign wrong way
Mugush is giving 'discounts':

What is price of flour ?
The flour costs 2 c.p
I will buy 5 flour
That will be 5 c.p.
I will buy 2 flour
that will be 4 c.p.

Is this intentional?

Elisa apparently buys serinjah-swords in german, but not in english
ecilope

Post by ecilope »

Feliam (can't remember his last name), the halfling just outside Trollsbane says he will buy hams for 2 copper each, but he doesn't respond when I say "I want to sell a ham" or "I want to sell 1 ham" or anything.
ALSO, I've tried to buy grain from him like 10 times and all he does is take my money. It's very frustrating.
-Becky
Enwell van Illdoran

Post by Enwell van Illdoran »

what about about the NPC Borgott (or like that) inside the tavern
he doesn't want to sell me beer... i thought he was drunk... like the most barkeepers... maybe i don't say the right words ... if you know the right command then please tell me in german (just because i am a german user) thanx peace
leumas

Post by leumas »

sam at the castle north of trollsbane won't sell a pick-axe to me. when i request one he sells me a hatchet instead. and when asking the silverbrand dwarf for a pick-axe he simply says he doesn't sell that item.
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

Feliam Wardstrok won't buy ham even though he said he would pay me 2 coins for them :( *images of someone pushing ham into a halflings arms* TAKE IT!!
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Mugush lists conifer wood when I say" list wares" but when I ask price or ask to buy he says he doesnt sell that item. This is what ive tried

I want to buy conifer wood
I want to buy a conifer wood
I want to buy wood
etc..Ive tried everything!
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

sometimes i have that problem, but i dont play often and forget how i do things. although i think it worked once by just putting please on the end of the sentence, or maybe you need to put a number eg I want to buy one conifer wood.
Belgram
Location: If I were a guy i'd be gay for Jake (and Jeremy Sumpter)

Post by Belgram »

I want to buy a logs of conifer wood ;)
Allura
Location: Bending my mind to crawl through perversions and riddles.

Post by Allura »

Dehster(?), the human on Tol Vanima, lists his wares as carving tools and a slicer. However, the "slicer" is a plane, and he will only respond to plane.
Korso

Post by Korso »

Nadir kann auch nicht rechnen:

Korso: price of 1 pfeil
Nadir: Ein Pfeil kostet 5 Kupferstücke.
Korso: i want to buy 20 pfeil
Nadir: Ihr möchtet 20 Pfeil kaufen? Bitte sehr, macht dann 40 Kupferstücke.
Korso: i want to buy 5 pfeil
Nadir: Ihr möchtet 5 Pfeil kaufen? Bitte sehr, macht dann 35 Kupferstücke.

Hä? 5? oder doch nur 2? Geld abgezogen hat er das was er auch gesagt hat, nur einmal falsch, einmal richtig gerechnet, und das direkt hintereinander... :shock:
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

Allura wrote:Dehster(?), the human on Tol Vanima, lists his wares as carving tools and a slicer. However, the "slicer" is a plane, and he will only respond to plane.
He also doesn't speak or understand elven, and claims that Elinas is his teacher, yet Elinas only speaks elven?? :?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

ow. Detailquestions. Yes. If you think correctly...this is right. >.>
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

perhaps did Dehster lerned elvish... :wink:
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

Sorgan doesn't tell you when he buys your paladin's helmets.

I thought I had the wrong name when he just up and took them from my backpack.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

i only checked the first 5 posts, but the npc by the dock (the merchant) says he buys cleric staffs, but says he doesnt when you actually try to sell it. No clue what he's named, you go check lazybones.
Alnerith Dencort

Post by Alnerith Dencort »

npc south of town who sells fish and fishingpoles and stuff says that he buys fish but doesn't do anything when i try to sell trout and says he doesn't buy salmon
Sore

Post by Sore »

The helfling that sells farming supplies in Greenbare. When you say you want to buy seed or seeds, he will sell you hats instated. When you say I want to buy withered cabbage he sells you begs, which I accudly bougt five of.

Sorry could not think of his name.

Have not got e-mail back from the bug traiking thing yet.
Namegam
Location: Where the sands meet the oceanwaves and grain billows in the wind next to a flickering campfire.

Post by Namegam »

I am currently compiling a list of NPC's and what they buy and sell for my own personal use, and have experimented buying things from each one. There's a lot of inconsistency:
- I don't understand how Mugush (back of Eliza's shop, Trolls Bane) can sell two empty bottles that look different but are named the same thing. I haven't tried to buy them, but that struck me as odd.
- Sorgan Stonemate (outside of the perpetually locked building in south Trolls Bane) has the same phenomenon: he sells two waraxes, and believe me one looks a lot better than the other.
- Elinas (Tol Vanima, top of the elven castle-building) sells a hatchet, but to buy it you must say "axe." This is potentially confusing and I know for me it was frustrating as hell. The same thing applies to Sam in the Rose Gray (or Gray Rose, or whatever that castle is called north of Trolls Bane.) And the same thing with Elinas and the slicer/plane deal.
- This has already been mentioned, but Feliam Wardstock (by the farmland at Trolls Bane) has the grain glitch. Money stealer.
- I was talking with a GM the other day and she mentioned that the reason that one halfling in Greenbriar might sell bags instead of cabbage seeds is because it sees the "bag" part of cab"bag"e before it can realize you're trying to buy the other. You might want to have that one call bags "sacks" or something.
- When trying to sell Marick (inside the smithery, Trolls Bane) 50 gray cloth one time, he said he didn't have enough money. But when I sold him 5 at a time, it was fine.
EDIT: - Also, when you try to buy "grey cloth" from Marick (which is what it is listed as when you ask him to list his wares), he doesn't sell that item. But if you try to buy/sell "gray cloth" it works.

I'm sure there are more, but I certainly haven't bought every supply from every NPC or even catalogued them yet. The main thing I want (even more than fixing the things that are glitching) is consistency with what already works. If you're having one sell a hatchet, I'd like to buy 1 hatchet please, not guess at what the correct word is (even though that's half the fun of Illarion: guessing what works.)
Yeah. I'm sorry if this sounds berating. I'm very to the point, just to lay it all out there. I promise it doesn't upset me at all. :D I just want to bring it to the attention of the programmers!
Happy NPC bug-hunting!
Namegam
Location: Where the sands meet the oceanwaves and grain billows in the wind next to a flickering campfire.

Post by Namegam »

Hey guys, some more NPC glitches:
Maris Maroqu (inside the smithery at Trolls Bane) sells and buys what is labeled as "leather gloves", but they are really cloth gloves.

Tony Baggins (outside the perpetually locked building at Trolls Bane), when asked what he will pay for the items he buys, will only tell what he will pay for a hat.
He also will not buy foot leaf, and claims he doesn't even though it is in the menu. I tried "foot leaf", "footleaf" and "foot leef."

Sorgan Stonemate (dwarf outside smithery) doesn't respond to any questions about "waraxe." There are two things listed as waraxe, as well, which may be a problem. And he doesn't respond to questions about the price of an iron ingot. I tried "iron ingot", "ironingot" and "ingot."

Elinas sells planes listed as "slicers." I don't know if this is intentional. I think it's a common note given by many players.

Then there's the constant listing of an axe as a "hatchet" and the confusion that ensues if you do not already know this.

Sam at the Grey Rose sells a pick-axe, but if you try to buy a "pick-axe" he will sell you an "axe" (hatchet) instead and you can't sell it back. You must use the command "pickaxe."
Yridia Anar

Post by Yridia Anar »

Maris Maroq betrügt ---

einmal nahm er 48 graue Stoffe ohne Bezahlung und jetzt gerade 40 Stoffe ohne Bezahlung.
Kleinere Mengen ( 12 o. ä.) bezahlt er.

( und ich arbeite mir die Finger/Maus wund :? )