Annoyances

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

falco1029

Annoyances

Post by falco1029 »

This message has been written on a slightly whitened piece of parchment, which has also been straightened, in order to give it a more formal look

As I am sure many of the people here are aware, there have been several problems that have arisen here lately, concerning leadership of Trollsbane, who's corrupt, who isn't, and what should be done. Obviously, this isn't going to play out well in it's current form, and I am afraid we may be nearing a civil war if this continues. Therefore, I am proposing a solution that should keep everyone happy, and that is most certainly fair. This is of course in an unorganized state and shall remain so until "approved" by enough conflicting leaderships.

The best thing to do is quite simple: anyone who thinks power belongs to them or thinks they know how the town should be governed should apply for a voting stance, or a position on an official voting document. They shall state how they would run the town, and will then be added as a possible choice. After allowing for enough people to apply for this, a vote shall be held, perhaps at a town meeting, since obviously documents can be forged on these boards. During the vote, citizens of trollsbane will be shown the candidates, their proposed form of government, and other details about them. Than a vote will be cast, and the winning party shall have their form of government instituted. Of course, the votes will be taken throughout the day, with lists of who's voted alrady voted being kept to the side.

It is suggested that any who vote for a particular form should be willing to help initialize the new government, as this won't be an easy task, especially with so many in disagreement about it. The leader and their officials (if they have any) will be repsonsible for creating or editing the town charter.

I do hope this can be utilized as it is the most peacful and fair way to make sure everyone involved has a say.

~Ules Felko
Last edited by falco1029 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siegfried Schtauffen
Location: Fending off noobxorxz for 100th top poster position.

Post by Siegfried Schtauffen »

Well, I wouldn't say it's the election that counts. Derek was happy with his position of Overseer, but he was not happy with Bailey as Captain of the Guard, annoying rumours say that Bailey was planning to seize Derek's throne. It's not the election, they just don't think eachother working in their own positions. A confusion of power is upheld, Derek feels he can take away her power, and Bailey feels she can keep it. I really don't know, sire.

Signed,
Sir William Greye
Cassius Darkwolf

Post by Cassius Darkwolf »

Who would enforce the result of such an election?
All this does is bring more people into the trouble.
Settle this Gobiath style. A duel of honour.

Cassius
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

THe parties involved would have to be on their honor to accept the choice, as what the people want, as we shouldn't have a ruler who would rely on a monarchy anyway. Surely the citizens would revolt if one attempted to force themselves into power. Of cours,e this leads to the issues we wish to avoid, but this is an unlikely scenario as long as the parties onvolved remain honest, which we can only hope would happen

~Ules
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Ules, the word "voting" is a thorn in the ears of the deaf ones.

F
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Fooser (as I assume the F stands for), if they wouldnt agree to it, they should not be in power anyway. I don't see how citizens could put up with a tyrannical monarchist anyway.

~Ules
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Bailey will just send her orc and one eyed (how does she fight like that?) human mercenary friends after you, so be careful about what you say.

F
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Would she truly attempt to forcibly take the town, and avoid a fair election like this?

~Ules
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Fooser,

There are other mercenaries than the orc and the One eyed warrior. All though we might not be as well known, We arn't as weak as some think.

~~Jace
Zhauvalea

Post by Zhauvalea »

F,

The answer is: I fight quite admirabley with one eye. Are you willing to test it?

-Z
Cassius Darkwolf

Post by Cassius Darkwolf »

Z you should try using a sword, its better!

I can supply one if you like, though I am but a novice smith. Find me at the forge in Varshikar should you need to.

Cassius
Zhauvalea

Post by Zhauvalea »

Nice one-liner. Thank you for telling me where you're located.

-Z
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Yes, and thank you for purchasing goods from Varshikar Z...

Aristeaus